Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #256
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirienzo View Post
Alright, I know I'm going to get a Madstad for my tiger, but am debating between the 20 and 22" model. I'm 6'3" with long legs. Seems like I might be able to get away with the 20". What have the other tall riders gone with?
I am 6' with a 32 inseam. I went with the 20 and it is just about right AT the LOWEST position. If you go with a 20 you will still have 2" plus of adjustment up.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #257
ndirienzo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
I am 6' with a 32 inseam. I went with the 20 and it is just about right AT the LOWEST position. If you go with a 20 you will still have 2" plus of adjustment up.
Just ordered the 20"! Can't wait to get it... the stock screen is just terrible if you're a taller rider.
ndirienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #258
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
This does look clean. How much modification to make it work on your tiger and where did you purchase it at?
It's designed for the Multi - don't see any reasonable way to make it work top for the Tiger. The concept would work - would just need to design a Tiger specific part, the guy that make them for the Multi is in AZ and his company is called Motonamics (Motonamics.com).
BryanCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #259
FuzzyDunlop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirienzo View Post
Alright, I know I'm going to get a Madstad for my tiger, but am debating between the 20 and 22" model. I'm 6'3" with long legs. Seems like I might be able to get away with the 20". What have the other tall riders gone with?
I'm the same height and the 20" Madstad was just tall enough. Mind you I took it off for the Summer and found that I just enjoy riding without it more, even with the god awful wind noise. Noise isolating headphones FTW.

I do have mine for sale BTW. PM me if you're interested. Price negotiable. Melbourne, Oz.

Check out my blog and let me know what you think
FuzzyDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #260
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I only have a hundred miles or so on the stock screen and can already tell it will not work for touring. It is fine up to speeds of about 55mph but after so it is just to much turbulence.

So I picked up the Triumph tall adjustable screen used from another inmate. Here is how it compares next to the stock one.

Ride report after it warms up next week.

Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #261
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
As others have stated, simply an outstanding screen.
+1

The MadStad is an impressive windshield. A big step up from the stock screen.

I'm 5'10" and using the 20 inch Adventure shield.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #262
spacekadet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I only have a hundred miles or so on the stock screen and can already tell it will not work for touring. It is fine up to speeds of about 55mph but after so it is just to much turbulence.

So I picked up the Triumph tall adjustable screen used from another inmate. Here is how it compares next to the stock one.

I went down the same path. The tall screen was an improvement but still did not thrill me. I concluded that I'd have to keep searching. However, having ridden it a few more times now, I guess it's acceptable. I have the adjustable mounts and use them on the tallest setting.

I'm going to leave it as that, having spent AUD $350 for the screen and mounts. Will get a new screen some day, but it will be on a new bike!
spacekadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #263
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadet View Post
I went down the same path. The tall screen was an improvement but still did not thrill me. I concluded that I'd have to keep searching. However, having ridden it a few more times now, I guess it's acceptable. I have the adjustable mounts and use them on the tallest setting.

I'm going to leave it as that, having spent AUD $350 for the screen and mounts. Will get a new screen some day, but it will be on a new bike!
I thought I'd try it since the price was right. Picked it up for 115 US shipped. Hopefully it works. If not I'll sell it and get the madstad.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #264
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadet View Post

I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. With the Triumph adjustable windscreen in the lowest setting, I am quite happy up to about 85 MPH.
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #265
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,499
Quote:

Just to throw something in there................would a MRA Vario spoiler bolted to the top work? http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_...Deflector.html
Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #266
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
I thought I'd try it since the price was right. Picked it up for 115 US shipped. Hopefully it works. If not I'll sell it and get the madstad.
Let me know if you want to sell it.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #267
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Let me know if you want to sell it.
I'll sell you mine, send me a PM if your interested. Same price
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #268
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:

What's the good word Poweranger, have you had an opportunity to test out the new screen?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #269
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
What's the good word Poweranger, have you had an opportunity to test out the new screen?
I finally put on about 70 miles on the new screen today. It is a improvement over stock but not much. I, like others here, have found that it seems to work best in the lowest setting. In the highest setting it gets that loud thumping and buffeting right on top of my helmet. In the lower setting it seems to flow fairly smooth but still doesn't work all that great in side winds.

Has anyone noticed how flimsy these screens are? This thing really flops around especially in those on and off again side winds. Watching this when I rode really made me wonder if this contributes to its lacking qualities as a better screen? I would think it has to have some effect with the noise and small buffeting you get with it.

For now it will work for me. Only time will tell though. I really need to get some all day rides with it to see if it will be good for multi-day touring.

Poweranger screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 10:16 PM Reason: UPDATED! Now tested.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #270
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Just to throw something in there................would a MRA Vario spoiler bolted to the top work? http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_...Deflector.html

Good question. I am guessing no. But would be interested to hear from someone that has tried it. From what I read about these things is they help create a calm pocket of air behind the screen. The larger Triumph one seems to do this already. In the lowest setting there is almost a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the screen.