ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #691
wee-twin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Westchester County, N.Y.
Oddometer: 175
Nordiboy, nice job. My prevous bike was a SV650 naked. Straight bolt-up or did you need to weld/hammer? I assume better light output.

wee-twin screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 04:52 AM
wee-twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #692
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by wee-twin View Post
Nordiboy, nice job. My previous bike was a SV650 naked. Straight bolt-up or did you need to weld/hammer? I assume better light output.
Chopped the SV mounts back a bit, drilled 2 holes in each side and mounted to the existing DR fork mounts.

Much better light, also I managed to fit all the cabling inside the shell.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #693
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Chopped the SV mounts back a bit, drilled 2 holes in each side and mounted to the existing DR fork mounts.

Much better light, also I managed to fit all the cabling inside the shell.
Do you know how much watts the headlight draws? What wattage bulb?
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #694
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Do you know how much watts the headlight draws? What wattage bulb?
It's the DR bulb in there.
__________________
DR650 Wiki
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #695
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer
 
Rainier_runner's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Yelm, Washington
Oddometer: 283






__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2006 Suzuki DR 650 ADV
Rainier_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #696
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer
 
planemanx15's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_runner View Post
You can't just post an awesome headlight like that and not explain!
__________________
2000 Suzuki DR650-790 - 790cc Big bore build thread
1985 Yamaha CA50 - The little scooter that Could
2009 Piaggio BV-250 - Escusi, Babba be bo-bee
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #697
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer
 
Rainier_runner's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Yelm, Washington
Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
You can't just post an awesome headlight like that and not explain!
Lol. My bad!

It's a homade concoction using 3 model 60 LED lights from ADVmonster.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...off/Detail.bok

3600 lumens each while drawing only 2.4 amps per light. Running them with a dimmer so low beam is approximately 30%, and high beam kicks up to 100%. Finishing up adding another 2 this weekend with yellow protective lenses for a total of 5. Shouldn't be able to out ride them in pitch black.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2006 Suzuki DR 650 ADV
Rainier_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #698
Dalmatino
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dalmatino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Prison Planet Earth
Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_runner View Post
Lol. My bad!

It's a homade concoction using 3 model 60 LED lights from ADVmonster.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...off/Detail.bok

3600 lumens each while drawing only 2.4 amps per light. Running them with a dimmer so low beam is approximately 30%, and high beam kicks up to 100%. Finishing up adding another 2 this weekend with yellow protective lenses for a total of 5. Shouldn't be able to out ride them in pitch black.
Man what about them mirrors too?? Never seen that before..
Dalmatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #699
amitos23
Adventurer
 
amitos23's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 36
Spring time at Dishon stream, Israel

From last week.

Since last friday, any vehicle access to the vally is forbidden due to natural preservation purposes - these might be last (legitimate..) dirtbike pics from a beautiful place.














Any "Instagramish" effect was unintentionaly created by the water-resitsting plastic wrap on the phone/camera...
amitos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #700
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer
 
Murphy Slaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitos23 View Post
Any "Instagramish" effect was unintentionaly created by the water-resitsting plastic wrap on the phone/camera...
I THINK this is the first disclaimer I've ever seen in this forum.....

__________________
The Murph Channel
Acoustic Crazyness

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #701
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer
 
ER70S-2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Denver-ish
Oddometer: 5,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitos23 View Post
Since last friday, any vehicle access to the vally is forbidden due to natural preservation purposes - these might be last (legitimate..) dirtbike pics from a beautiful place.

Hi Amitos, thanks for the pics.

Is that a coffee pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
I THINK this is the first disclaimer I've ever seen in this forum.....

I was wonderin' how he did that?
__________________
2004 DR650: 61,105 miles
2013 WR250R

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #702
styger
Adventurer
 
styger's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Central Valley California
Oddometer: 86
__________________
"Whats over there?"
"I don't know, lets find out!!"
styger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #703
amitos23
Adventurer
 
amitos23's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 36
Thumb Coffee effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
I THINK this is the first disclaimer I've ever seen in this forum.....



Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
Is that a coffee pot?
It's a Moka pot, an ingenious Italian invention! Small enough to be carried in your tail bag, large enough to fill those two glasses with fresh coffee.


Cheers,
Amit
amitos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #704
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer
 
ER70S-2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Denver-ish
Oddometer: 5,167
__________________
2004 DR650: 61,105 miles
2013 WR250R

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #705
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tech23's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Arizona Desert
Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Great shot
__________________
CRF 150/230/ Supermoto Conversion
2004 Suzuki DR 650SM

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014