Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
jetpoweredmonkey OP
Rider of the Lost Empire

Oddometer: 185
Meet a famous round-the-world hack pilot!

Posted in the regional forum - thought the hack crowd might be interested. Come meet Hubert Kriegel!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870724

jetpoweredmonkey screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 11:08 AM
jetpoweredmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpoweredmonkey View Post
Posted in the regional forum - thought the hack crowd might be interested. Come meet Hubert Kriegel!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546700

psssttt ... 'tween you an' me , that link takes me to a , a ... gasp ... cough ... car thread. A bloody volkswagon one at that no less !!!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #3
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,911
And Hubert is in his 8th year!

Can anyone spell 205?
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,519
I'll give the OP a chance to fix his link...

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
jetpoweredmonkey OP
Rider of the Lost Empire

Oddometer: 185
Sorry guys! Fixed the link...
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

I met Hubert out in Death Valley 5 or 6 years ago w/ Mr. Cob. Ural was using a video that Mr. Cob shot pulling Hubert's GS outfit over the rocks on Mengel Pass w/ a rope.

Ski at Triquest is a great host. The meet up should be interesting.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 780
I'll be there!!
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Couldn't find the video, but here's a picture of Mr. C, Dangerous Don & Hubert buddying around.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
Howdy All,

I met Hubert a while back in Death Valley, we had a great time riding together and stayed in touch by email long after he had traveled to different parts of the world. I dare say that our meeting in Death Valley and riding together had a great impact on his later deciding to buy and use a Ural for his travels. Here is the video footage that Roger talked about, I took and supplied this video to IMWA which has used it for years. With as many views as this has gotten on youtube I should have copyrighted it.

To the best of my knowledge My Ural, Don's Ural and Herbert's BMW were the FIRST sidecars to ever make it over Mengel Pass, since this video was taken DaveO, Don and I have done it quite a few times. Again to the best of my knowledge Don, DaveO and I are the only sidecars that have gone over many of the trails and passes in the hinterland fringes of the Death Valley area.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Dave comes through!

NOT A URAL!!

AceRph screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 01:46 PM
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
Slade 330
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Great Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

I met Hubert a while back in Death Valley, we had a great time riding together and stayed in touch by email long after he had traveled to different parts of the world. I dare say that our meeting in Death Valley and riding together had a great impact on his later deciding to buy and use a Ural for his travels. Here is the video footage that Roger talked about, I took and supplied this video to IMWA which has used it for years. With as many views as this has gotten on youtube I should have copyrighted it.

To the best of my knowledge My Ural, Don's Ural and Herbert's BMW were the FIRST sidecars to ever make it over Mengel Pass, since this video was taken DaveO, Don and I have done it quite a few times. Again to the best of my knowledge Don, DaveO and I are the only sidecars that have gone over many of the trails and passes in the hinterland fringes of the Death Valley area.
Great Ride and yes I think it was tougher than the camera was portraying
Slade 330 is offline   Reply With Quote