Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #91
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktpa View Post
Whats this TBA facility? must be a real venue! when they race not bad scheduling sucks though how can keep any interest?
Try clicking on the directions to the TBA race, you get a link to Tabibuga Airport at Papua, New Guinea. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=TBA%2C%20TBA%2C%20TB

So the series is going international!
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #92
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 780
Sounds like Dave Despain is also getting tired of the Daytona 200 Debacle by AMA c/o DMG. It was quite a shot over the bow in his report on wind tunnel lamenting the status of the event. Between that and his and others resignation from the AMA hall of fame last year the AMA used an cannon to shoot themselves in the foot and missed hitting their torso instead.
WR250R
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #93
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Sounds like Dave Despain is also getting tired of the Daytona 200 Debacle by AMA c/o DMG. It was quite a shot over the bow in his report on wind tunnel lamenting the status of the event. Between that and his and others resignation from the AMA hall of fame last year the AMA used an cannon to shoot themselves in the foot and missed hitting their torso instead.
Yea, I saw on Wind Tunnel where he talked about how the race is a shadow of its former self. I think DD is getting tired of Speed as well. They cut his show to 30 minutes, and he just doesn't seem to have a passion for it this year. I think they also cut his webcast after the TV portion of the show. WTF Speed would do that is beyond me. Guess they need the crew and airtime for more PINKS reruns.

Interesting story: I emailed the AMA HoF this winter to express my thoughts about the Nobby Clark fiasco, and prior to sending in a donation I asked them to tell me if DD, Kenny Roberts, Dick Mann and others were reinstated. I never heard from them. So accordingly, they never heard from my check book.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #94
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Dave D is a shadow of himself too. He's been nothing but drivel for a decade at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Yea, I saw on Wind Tunnel where he talked about how the race is a shadow of its former self. I think DD is getting tired of Speed as well. They cut his show to 30 minutes, and he just doesn't seem to have a passion for it this year. I think they also cut his webcast after the TV portion of the show. WTF Speed would do that is beyond me. Guess they need the crew and airtime for more PINKS reruns.

Interesting story: I emailed the AMA HoF this winter to express my thoughts about the Nobby Clark fiasco, and prior to sending in a donation I asked them to tell me if DD, Kenny Roberts, Dick Mann and others were reinstated. I never heard from them. So accordingly, they never heard from my check book.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #95
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 780
I ran into D.D at Riders Hill in Dahlonaga, Ga. about a year and a half ago he was out trail riding on his KLR with some Yamaha race guys, He still has a passion for bikes I think the other stuff pays the bills. At least he was able to ride to Alaska on his KLR on speeds tab. Nice guy to talk to.
WR250R
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #96
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,203
Quote:
IAt least he was able to ride to Alaska on his KLR on speeds tab.
Of course it was on the company dime - he's a KLR rider!

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote