Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #76
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Never riden a Hyosong but, I occasionally worked with a sub-contractor who owned one & said it was a great bike. He had ridden in the 60's & 70's. Got back into motorcycling in the early 00's when he got the Hyosung.

I figure Hyosungs are at LEAST great bikes by the standard of bikes in the 60's & 70's. Considering how cheap they are as well as inflation, I'm guessing they're probably worth the price. Been very curious about Hyosungs & looking foreward to reading reports (good or bad) as you put miles on yours. Hoping for many photos & video of your experience as well.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #77
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,650
A few years ago I was about to buy a Hyosung Comet 250 with some leftover money that, as usual, wound up having to go somewhere else. I went in and looked at it, it was a leftover model with closeout pricing. It looked and felt nice. But I went back to that dealer a couple of years and bought a scooter, and they had dropped Hyosung. The dealership owner said they did so because they were having a lot of warranty claims, and Hyosung refused to back them up. Only other information I have about them are reviews on powersportsnetwork.com
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #78
aespillers
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Guess time will tell

Letter from Hyosung president; part of my research:

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=13753.0;wap2

Additional korider.com probably the most brutal critique of the make second only to the Porsche 928 forum (also owned one; definitely a cross to bear)
aespillers is offline   Reply With Quote