Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJim View Post
Thanks, Jerry. We have traveled all over this country. Phoenix has some bad drivers, but they are pussycats compared to Texas. Yes, I know motorcyclists in every state think their drivers are the worst, but Texas seems to have a much higher proportion of aggressive drivers. I consider it NASCAR meets Tijuana Taxi!
Nah, growing up near Disneyland we had a game of name the state by how they drive. Massachusetts has the worst drivers in the nation, Louisiana and Florida are both worse than Texas especially when you get outside of the major cities. When I see Louisiana plates on a car in Houston pay close attention to what they are doing. Not all folks in Louisiana are bad drivers but there's a pretty high percentage that are.

FWIW, my son used to lie to his friends when they'd ask the gas mileage he was getting on our Buddy 125. He'd tell them 95mpg when he really got closer to 105. I asked him why and he said they felt bad enough about the gas mileage of their truck or car. Plus his school required a parking permit with a $100 fee to park a car, assuming you were lucky enough to get one of the limited number of parking permits while the Buddy and other scooter/motorcycles have an area they can park free without a permit.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote