Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
YJake
Roaming

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightheart View Post
There is no title for it what so ever, I would have to track down the lein holder to get a title for it.. So that there is a red flag, the bike is originally from Texas.
RUN

-Jake
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
There is no title for it what so ever, I would have to track down the lein holder to get a title for it.. So that there is a red flag, the bike is originally from Texas.
Run away, do not leave any forwarding address, find a bike that isn't stolen and crashed.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
Quote:

The absence of a title is all the reason anyone with a brain needs to avoid it. It could
be stolen, and the legal implications of possession of stolen goods could cost
you a lot more than the pittance you might make selling parts off the bike.

It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,336
Something that looks like a motorcycle and is available for $300 can be very tempting when one's funds are low but you're lusting for a bike anyway. But what you're looking at is not a motorcycle. It's a pile of headaches on two fairly new tires. Leave this one alone, save some more money, and keep a close eye on Craig's List. Outstanding bargains do show up regularly, but you need to have the cash for it on hand and be ready to buy quickly or someone else will snap them up first. I usually buy/sell two or three bikes a year just because I see something interesting and know I won't lose money on it. And I NEVER buy a bike without a clear title. That's just asking for even more headache.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #20
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,875
To recap, a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post
Run like hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
RUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
Run away, do not leave any forwarding address, find a bike that isn't stolen and crashed.

Welcome to ADV, thank you for posting this, I hope the folks here were able to steer you away from potential disaster.

Bring back any other questions you have as you hunt for a bike - as you've seen here, we're not short on opinions.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #21
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,971
I definitely recommend staying away from this bike at all costs. I was leaning in that direction from the beginning, and after finding out about the missing title I'm absolutely sure. You can't do anything with a bike with no title, even if it is fixable. And you could not sell the engine or frame, as they have numbers on them. Selling the frame would definitely require a title.

But, if you like the Ninja 250, and fit on it, it's a great bike. From experience I definitely recommend the '07 and older models. They are more comfortable, more solidly built (or at least the plastics are) they were around for 20+ years and are well proven, they have a real seat, and even a centerstand. They have no known issues. I recommend going up one tooth on the front sprocket, they are one of the very few bikes that really are undergeared from the factory. It's getting harder and harder to find a nice one, as they were mostly bought by beginners, and most of them were trashed. I had an '07 for a couple of years that I bought new. I was just to big for it. And I'm 53 and no beginner. But they are fun little bikes.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
2000RSV
Go Fast, Go Long

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Um, this is different. Run away. Don't return calls, emails, or texts. Consider this to be a BSC bike.
2000RSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
brentde3
Should be outside

Oddometer: 541
Yup, as everyone has said. Run away. No title=no deal. Don't get too down though. The season of used bikes is gonna be upon us soon. There's gonna be a good deal out there somewhere.

IBA# 49512
brentde3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #24
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
I don't know where exactly to post this..

So here is my problem. I am looking at buying this 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250.

Problems, you can tell the bike has been laid down and abused, the spark plugs are BLACK. The bike will not start, I haven't had the time to change the spark plugs on the bike yet, but the carb's was just filthy! No gas was getting through, so I had my mechanic friend who used to work on motorcycles a lot clean them for me. It seems as if the bike isn't getting any gas to it still. ( or the spark plugs just aren't firing.. [ the spark plugs was bone dry after several attempts at trying to crank the bike.] ) I'm so lost and confused on what could be wrong with this bike..

Is it worth the chance of buying the bike and finding out there are more problems to it than the eye can see? Should I buy the spark plugs and test them?

Also please tell me/ direct me to where this thread should have been posted.. ( I am very new to the site. )
Is the 250 now in your possession or the "owner's"? Just sayin, if the bike is in your garage, and it's stolen, you may want to do something about that.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,856
Hopefully another voice saying RUN will help convince you that this really is a good course of action.

Tracking down paperwork on a bike even if it's not stolen isn't easy and if it is stolen then you've lost all the money you have put into it.

DON'T BUY THE BIKE!!!!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,187
It's unanimous - this is a "deal" that is NO DEAL! Don't waste your time, money, and possible arrest on a damaged, abused, sparkless, gasless, possibly stolen turd. There are plenty of older bikes with fewer problems for about the same money - keep looking.
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #27
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,271
If your time is worth nothing, you would still be in the hole on this bike.

It is a loser all the way around.

Spend less time finding a bike that will run.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #28
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
no title, no buy.

if it "had" a title....
it might be ok to learn to work on. but if youre gonna rely on some one else to do the work? no.

not worth the time or money.
maybe for someone who has experience.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #29
Anteraan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Agreed with all here. Sprint the other direction, and keep looking.
Anteraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
SamRus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Leave this bike and seller alone...

If it has no title, what would you even do with this bike if you get it running?
Can't drive it on the road anyways, can't get plates or insurance either.

You can find a really nice ninja for 1.5K - 2K.
SamRus is offline   Reply With Quote