Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
max384 OP
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Should I buy cheap offroad boots?

I'm thinking about getting some entry-level offroad boots. I'm getting a dualsport that I'm planning to use primarily for trail/offroad riding. I'm not going to be tearing through trails at high speeds or tackling anything overly difficult... But I know from my past limited dirt experience that I fall a lot when I'm off the road! I somehow lucked out and never sustained any serious injuries even though I'd only ride in sneakers or maybe some hiking boots if I was lucky. I've since grown up a bit and wised up as well.

Here's the thing, I already have a good pair of riding boots, the Sidi Adventure Goretexes, that I wear on my street bike. I love 'em, but wonder if they'll offer enough protection for offroad riding. I'd like something a bit taller and stiffer.

I really don't have a ton of money to spend on boots at the moment. Does anyone have any good suggestions for boots in the sub-$150 range? I don't need all the bells and whistles; safety is my primary concern here. Is there anything in this price range that offers much better protection than what I already have? Or should I just use my Sidis? Maybe wait a few months and buy something in a higher price range?

EDIT: I already bought boots. I went with the Gaerne GX-1s.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014

max384 screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 09:10 PM
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote