Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 498 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #27826
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
Alafia is okay and Boyette is marginally better, but neither compare to Santos' system of trails.
Good to know. It will save me a long drive out there.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #27827
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,814
I lost my blinky light somewhere on the road tonite. I *think* I know which road. May have to ride back out Fri and take a looksee.

3-ish hrs of gravel and pavement tonite. Mostly gravel. Fresh gravel that is! Thank doG for 32c semi-slick tubulars!

M
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #27828
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I lost my blinky light somewhere on the road tonite. I *think* I know which road. May have to ride back out Fri and take a looksee.

3-ish hrs of gravel and pavement tonite. Mostly gravel. Fresh gravel that is! Thank doG for 32c semi-slick tubulars!

M

eh, blinky lights are cheap.

this one looks cute, tho... has laser 'lane markers' :-O
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ane/1188/2803/

Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #27829
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
OK. That's a different place, from what I was thinking.
Here's a video of the recent 12 Hours of Santos race, showing that wide trail. It's the one all the riders are lined up on, waiting for the race to start. The camera pans around to give you an idea of where it is relative to the Vortex pit.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #27830
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Here's a video of the recent 12 Hours of Santos race, showing that wide trail. It's the one all the riders are lined up on, waiting for the race to start. The camera pans around to give you an idea of where it is relative to the Vortex pit.
I guess, I don't remember exactly where that's at, as it was 2yrs ago and there are too many miles of trail.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #27831
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
With any luck and some strategic money-stashing, I'll be back in Tampa sometime in May. Hopefully our riding can take us back to Santos this time. Alafia is okay and Boyette is marginally better, but neither compare to Santos' system of trails.
Damn guess I need to get my arse up to Santos sometime soon. I absolutely love Balm Boyette .
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #27832
Ridge
Sinister Kid

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Damn guess I need to get my arse up to Santos sometime soon. I absolutely love Balm Boyette .
Boyette is really nice and I love riding there when I get down to Tampa. Ridgeline always rocks and is nicer now that it's re-opened. Upper and lower spider berm are my two favorites as well as golf cart. It's a good mix of riding for the area and much less technically demanding as Alafia.

I would say Santos offers a blend of Alafia and Boyette with much longer runs and a bit more climbing.
Ridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #27833
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 6,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
eh, blinky lights are cheap.

this one looks cute, tho... has laser 'lane markers' :-O
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ane/1188/2803/

Interesting concept. I guess the width of the lane would be determined by how high up you mount the light.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #27834
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
Interesting concept. I guess the width of the lane would be determined by how high up you mount the light.
that vendor, superbrightleds.com, is totally legit. fast service, good products, good customer support, great prices. I've replaced the dim dome lights in my 20 year old volvo with their drop-in compatible LEDs, they rock.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #27835
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Interesting that lights come up now...i am looking at several cree xm-l t6 bike lights on ebay right now....LOL
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #27836
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Quote:
that vendor, superbrightleds.com, is totally legit. fast service, good products, good customer support, great prices. I've replaced the dim dome lights in my 20 year old volvo with their drop-in compatible LEDs, they rock.
Good to know. Thanks, pierce.

I'll keep them in mind when it comes time to replace bulbs in my car/truck/bike.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #27837
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Interesting that lights come up now...i am looking at several cree xm-l t6 bike lights on ebay right now....LOL
I have one of those, a cheap copy of a Magicshine (looks like it was bounced out the back door of the same factory hah!). the advertised brightness is ridiculous, but its so damn bright at half that that it really doesn't matter. the beam was too focused and round stock, so I put the horizontal diffuser that actionled's sells (meant for the real magicshine) on it, this required a different thickness o-ring which I've not yet 100% sorted out.

anyways, this light on LOW is too damn bright to use in town, its like a car low beam but without the clean cut-off so there's tons of glare. would be awesome for doing stupid things like bombing mountain downhills solo in total darkness.

the rechargable battery it comes with lasts for some ridiculously long number of hours on the low setting, and way plenty long on high.

if I was using this on a commuter bike, I'd want an alternate less bright light like a 130lumen for not blinding people.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #27838
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
I have one of those, a cheap copy of a Magicshine (looks like it was bounced out the back door of the same factory hah!). the advertised brightness is ridiculous, but its so damn bright at half that that it really doesn't matter. the beam was too focused and round stock, so I put the horizontal diffuser that actionled's sells (meant for the real magicshine) on it, this required a different thickness o-ring which I've not yet 100% sorted out.

anyways, this light on LOW is too damn bright to use in town, its like a car low beam but without the clean cut-off so there's tons of glare. would be awesome for doing stupid things like bombing mountain downhills solo in total darkness.

the rechargable battery it comes with lasts for some ridiculously long number of hours on the low setting, and way plenty long on high.

if I was using this on a commuter bike, I'd want an alternate less bright light like a 130lumen for not blinding people.
I don't remember if you ordered yours first or if I did. BRIGHT light. Low is plenty for off-roading at night. (thinking about it, I think you got yours first)

I got mine for $40 + shipping from china. Its probably not the best thing on the market, but for what I do with it (cross rides on gravel roads at night) its more than adequate.

M
Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #27839
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I don't remember if you ordered yours first or if I did. BRIGHT light. Low is plenty for off-roading at night. (thinking about it, I think you got yours first)

I got mine for $40 + shipping from china. Its probably not the best thing on the market, but for what I do with it (cross rides on gravel roads at night) its more than adequate.

M
the history is all back in this thread somewhere, hah. the mind is aware, but the body forgets, or something like that. maybe its the other way around, the body is aware, but the mind forgets?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #27840
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Quote:
the history is all back in this thread somewhere, hah. the mind is aware, but the body forgets, or something like that. maybe its the other way around, the body is aware, but the mind forgets?
I picked one of those clones up as well. It's BRIGHT. I found these o-rings

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and figured I'd give 'em a shot with the spreader lens. Haven't had a chance to install it yet, but I'll let you all know the results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: