Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #61
boatpuller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaexplorer View Post
Dang you... got me thinking about a Glide. Ride a RK now but I like having still air. I have a Clearview Recurve and it's much better than stock, but still a bit turbulent. Curious about a Glide now... might have to do a test ride.
Nothing wrong with a glide, but before you do anything, try this: put both your feet up on top the crash bar, pinching the tank with your legs. If the turbulence gets much less, than you have air coming up from under your windshield causing the problem. If so, than spend $70.00 and buy the ugly chrome wind deflectors that run down your forks. They easily bolt to your forks using the spot light / windshield brackets, and are one of the best things I've done for long term comfort on my Road Kings. So much so, that I put up with the way they look. They should also work on glides.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #62
boatpuller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD10563 View Post
Update on my Geezer Glide, been four months and 5,300 miles; the bike is running like a top. I've added a a Stage One kit about 2300 miles ago, Power Vision EFI controller, Fuelmoto air cleaner and Jackpot mufflers. Bike was pinging and so far so good since the Stage One, gas mileage sort of sucks compared to my old Road King. I'm averaging about 37 with lows around 33 and highs around 42. Speed seems to be the determining factor, above 75mph I start to take a big hit. The Road King got a consistent 42mpg, have almost run out of gas misjudging my range and gas stop a few times; have to remember I don't have the range of the RK(my fault). Bike is a dream on the highway, smooth, can hear the radio, no turbulence at all.

Kit ready to be installed

All done

How much louder or more brash are the Jack Pot mufflers? Especially at highway speeds. Thanks.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #63
vaexplorer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
Nothing wrong with a glide, but before you do anything, try this: put both your feet up on top the crash bar, pinching the tank with your legs. If the turbulence gets much less, than you have air coming up from under your windshield causing the problem. If so, than spend $70.00 and buy the ugly chrome wind deflectors that run down your forks. They easily bolt to your forks using the spot light / windshield brackets, and are one of the best things I've done for long term comfort on my Road Kings. So much so, that I put up with the way they look. They should also work on glides.
Will do. Thanks.
vaexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
How much louder or more brash are the Jack Pot mufflers? Especially at highway speeds. Thanks.
They're a little louder when cruising at Highway speeds but not bad at all to me when you hammer the throttle is when I notice the most noise increase. No problem hearing the radio and these are the same make I had on my Road King; Fuelmoto Jackpot mufflers with the standard baffle, they also make a quiet baffle and a competition baffle. To me it sounds just a little louder than HD Screaming Eagle Mufflers that my friend as on his Road Glide.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 95k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #65
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 799
Quote:

I have the Jackpot 4 inch with standard baffels along with the Jackpot header. It's not bad db wise unless you're really on the throttle. Sure they're louder than stock but totally managable. You can still listen to tunes and if you have the intercom set up you just need to turn down the VOX feature as it'll key under overpasses.

If they don't work for you they sell quite baffels.
PMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #66
Rabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
I just traded my 02 Ultra for a 110 ANV Limited and I can only hope it's as good as my 02 was.
Rabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #67
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Congratulations , now go get it dirty and try to wear it out by riding it
I've done just that, well didn't really get the Glide dirty but I've been riding it. I've had the Glide for 5 1/2 months and rode 7k miles, besides changing the oil the bike as been great. Gas mileage as been averaging 37mpg with a high of 43mpg and a low of 32mpg. Speed as been the determining factor, with my highs at speeds less than 70mph and the lows above that.

I've rode to Lake Havasu, Oatman Town twice, Tombstone, Laughlin twice, Borrego Springs, Julian and a few others. I have no complaints with the bike and the weight as become a non-issue. I need to change the windshield to a lower one, I can barley see over it. I added highway pegs right away and also added the riders backrest; I had the rideres backrest on my Road King so I knew I wanted it. Not much if anything I really want to do except add MotoLights for better visibility, not much of a bling guy unless it as a function too.

I can not speak much about older HD's but the current 09 and later touring models seem to be very good bikes. Between the Road King and the Glide I've put 69k miles on them, the RK had some issues all covered under warranty but overall both have been very good bikes.

Some pictures from my travels

Cool Springs Route 66

Road side attraction with one of my Buds.

Oatman Town

Borrego Springs

Ocotilo Wells State Vehicle Recreation Area

Seligman Route 66
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 95k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #68
dceggert
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Thanks, I'm really enjoying this bike and if I can scrape enough money together oneday I would really like to add a second bike to the garage, one that's completely different like a GS.
Yawn...been there and doing it and I can say that it is truely boatloads of fun! Had a 2005 GS and sold it because it did not seem to do anything real well. It did everything good but the operative word is that it really did do ANYTHING. My Ultra has been down gravel roads and it handles that very well too but it isn't something I care to explore on the Ultra.

However, in all the years I had my GS I went exploring once and the rest of the time spent all my time on the road where it had less protection from the elements than a real tourer, the gearing is strange for a road bike, and 75 MPH + was not real good in the fuel economy area. So, I sold it and bought another road bike; one that was different enough from the Ultra to still make sense - my K1200GT.

Now if I feel like zipping along looking at the scenery and enjoying the sun, wind, and the smells I take the Ultra. If I want to fly and not care about stupid flowers I take the K1200GT. And, unlike the GS, this thing comes ALIVE at 75 MPH and growls like a hungry panther when you wind it up!

Someone once said that when a person has 2 bikes neither gets much use. Well, that is an opinion because when you have 2 that are dissimilar they become fun in their own rite. I have the K1200GT at work with me today but the Ultra may come with me tomorrow...depends on my mood!

Good luck, beautiful bike, and above all else, have fun with it!
2005 R1200GS (sold)
1999 HD Ultra Classic
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #69
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oneday I'd still like to own a second bike but I know what you mean, there are a lot of nice roads here either off-road or street but it will have to wait till I have the extra funds. I've had two bikes at once and one always got rode more than the other; had a Honda and the Harley for a while and the Honda got sold. I miss "go fast bikes" but it does keep me out of trouble not owning one, I also remember my days of dirt riding and miss that too.

Time to ride
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #70
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
nice bike,
geezer glide,lol
Old 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #71
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

The Geezer Glide is almost 9 months, rode it for more than 12k miles. Bike is running great no problems and my gas mileage is even getting a little better or I'm slowing down. This is my second Harley and between the two I've rode 75k miles with very few problems and what problems I've had happened early on and was taken care of under warranty.

There's a thread why buy a Harley, because Harley makes a pretty good bike!

Mt. Evans

Pikes Peak summit

Million Dollar Highway 550

North Rim Grand Canyon

Boros Oatman Town
Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #72
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

For a big heavy V-Twin it's still fun to ride on a twisty road.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #73
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Eric,
Did you remove the cats or get a new head pipe when you did the stage 1?
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #74
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox View Post
Eric,
Did you remove the cats or get a new head pipe when you did the stage 1?
No stock head pipe cat in place, just slipons. I'm giving it some thought I might replace the head pipe in the future but so far I've not had a problem with the heat, I stay away from traffic prone areas.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #75
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Thanks.

Quote:
No stock head pipe cat in place, just slipons. I'm giving it some thought I might replace the head pipe in the future but so far I've not had a problem with the heat, I stay away from traffic prone areas.
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote