ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #2011
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer
 
phreakingeek's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: VA
Oddometer: 370
Kirkled?

I'm starting to think that a Kirk made add-on is more than a farkle...can I now say my bike is Kirkled?

Urban Dictionary:
Farkle- noun or verb

Accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.

or

F.A.R.K.L.E. -- Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive
phreakingeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #2012
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie
 
kirkster70's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakingeek View Post
I'm starting to think that a Kirk made add-on is more than a farkle...can I now say my bike is Kirkled?

Urban Dictionary:
Farkle- noun or verb

Accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.

or

F.A.R.K.L.E. -- Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive
Shoot, you started something with the whole tool box! (I'm getting one, too! )
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #2013
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie
 
kirkster70's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,905
Thanks for all the support, guys!

Still waiting on powder. Day 19 and counting.

While in powder coating limbo, I keep myself busy making things I need.


I start the day by digging into the scrap pile.



More server rack scrap.



The purpose of this rolling table is to hold the aluminum sheet. Space in my small garage is at a premium, so most things need to be on wheels.

Now I will be able to move the sheet out of my way for better access to the fab table. The great thing will be rolling the table out on the driveway to unload fresh sheet from the truck.



All made from scrap and spraypaint. I did have to buy 5" Albion hard rubber wheels. This will definately make my life easier.



I need to make racks for Old Faithful for the new bags if I ever see them again. Grumble, grumble.



3/16" flat bar tab. 5/8" x .125" wall DOM.



Hoop angle matched to OEM top rack.



More flat bar for the lower mounting tab.



Coming right along...



Plenty of room on the left for a big momma jomma tool box! See, Jeff? All your fault.



The Beemer looked so lonely sitting in the garage all alone. Now they can talk doohickeys and final drives all night.



An easy trick for tab alignment is to clamp a piece of flat bar in the desired position.



Crossbar fab will have to wait until morning. That was the FASTEST rack mock-up EVAH!!! Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Now, where's my bags!!!!!!!

kirkster70 screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 08:30 PM
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #2014
kelsow
Beastly Adventurer
 
kelsow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 1,118
Just keeps getting better and better.

My bags got delivered to the po box late yesterday. I didn't get a chance to pick them up so I'll be on my way this am.

Can't wait.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in "behind the scene" Kirk.
__________________
"Kelsow's helmet is so tight, it cuts off the circulation to his personality."
Location: Doucheonia
Ride: 2010 BMW F800GS
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #2015
9Dave
Bazinga!
 
9Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
I start the day by digging into the scrap pile.

Your scrap server rack rolling cart with your scrap unistrut welding table in the background.

If they knew all the good stuff you were able to make from their scrap, they'd charge you to go to work each day!!
__________________


dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #2016
soggysandwich
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: usa
Oddometer: 204
so you can weld..... you just can't SPELL !


A welder is a person who welds. A weldor is a word that doesn't exist.

soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #2017
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie
 
kirkster70's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsow View Post
Just keeps getting better and better.

My bags got delivered to the po box late yesterday. I didn't get a chance to pick them up so I'll be on my way this am.

Can't wait.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in "behind the scene" Kirk.
Thanks, Kelsow!

I hope you like 'em!
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #2018
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie
 
kirkster70's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Dave View Post
Your scrap server rack rolling cart with your scrap unistrut welding table in the background.

If they knew all the good stuff you were able to make from their scrap, they'd charge you to go to work each day!!
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! I still have hills of scrap to go through, and still bring it home when I have the opportunity. Borderline hoarder here!
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #2019
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie
 
kirkster70's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
so you can weld..... you just can't SPELL !


A welder is a person who welds. A weldor is a word that doesn't exist.

Here you go, genius...

1. also wel·dor (-dr) A person who welds, especially as a profession.
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #2020
soggysandwich
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: usa
Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
Here you go, genius...

1. also wel·dor (-dr) A person who welds, especially as a profession.
you are wrong, stop making up stuff.

go to Wikipedia ,type in weldor,,, see what comes up

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ecial%3ASearch

the spell check built into Firefox always hits on "weldor" ....but not "welder" !


so WHO is the idiot ?

you ain't got the balls to talk to someone like that face to face...the internet you hide behind !
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #2021
soggysandwich
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: usa
Oddometer: 204
all WORDS near "welder"....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/browse/dictionary/welder



there is no "weldor"


again, this is NOT a word in the english language... maybe in redneck land or colored town,,, but not in the civilized world.

but is is easier to be ignorant and stupid .........
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #2022
lousot
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lousot's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
all WORDS near "welder"....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/browse/dictionary/welder



there is no "weldor"


again, this is NOT a word in the english language... maybe in redneck land or colored town,,, but not in the civilized world.

but is is easier to be ignorant and stupid .........
Soggy I think you should look at your own link
__________________
If you dump it in front of me.I promise I wont run you over.dit: And remember, "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".
lousot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #2023
9Dave
Bazinga!
 
9Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
go to Wikipedia ,type in weldor,,, see what comes up
That was your first mistake. Try dictionary.com, and then read industry info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
you ain't got the balls to talk to someone like that face to face...the internet you hide behind !
This is your second. Unless you are trying to making a joke, because it isn't translating really well.

Edit -
Oh, and this was your third
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
again, this is NOT a word in the english language... maybe in redneck land or colored town,,, but not in the civilized world.

but is is easier to be ignorant and stupid .........
You can leave the bigotry and racism out of ADV as well.

Thanks,

Dave
ADV Mod
__________________


dunno.....

9Dave screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 08:11 AM
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #2024
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,911
Eh? Any specific reason for the hostility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post


so WHO is the idiot ?

you ain't got the balls to talk to someone like that face to face...the internet you hide behind !


My money is on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich
all WORDS near "welder"....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/browse/dictionary/welder



there is no "weldor"
Did you even open the link you supplied and look?

=============================================

weld·er

noun \ˈwel-dər\


Definition of WELDER

: one that welds: as
a or wel·dor : a person whose work is welding

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/welder


==============================================



Wikipedia isn't the end all, be all of the internet.

weldor (plural weldors)
  1. A person who welds, or operates a welding machine


http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/weldor

===============================================

weld·er (wldr)n.1. also wel·dor (-dr) A person who welds, especially as a profession.
2. A device that is used for welding.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/weldor

===============================================


Anything else we can clear up for you?
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #2025
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon
 
vtwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 7,302
Nice work Kirk. I thought this thread went to the basement or CSM for a moment.
__________________
"Alles hat ein Ende--nur die Wurst, sie hat zwei"
Monroe.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014