Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #31
XL-erate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmybuddy View Post
Never sell it or if you do replace it with another one. Ride that damn thing until you're an old bastard and you'll look back on all the memories. Trust me, time flies and you'll be looking back before you know it. I've been into motorcycling for years and regret not getting one years ago. I have 4 bikes sitting in the garage now and ride my Gobi more than any of them. Thing is a major pain in the ass at times but .............. I think I'll keep it. Oh yea, make sure you post up a ride report when you ride that thing to Houston. That should turn into a major adventure and one you won't forget when you're an "old bastard". Congragulations!
Lot of truth here! Just talking about that with some buddies, old geezers like me. 30-40 years from now the world won't make much sense compared to today, and to us there's little sense in it now! It's really good to have some tangible hardware that's a living link with the past. The memories associated with it are priceless. I know for a fact that many of those old memories far exceed today's active events. It's a quiet thing of the heart, much needed when the world seems to be spinning a little faster than it should be. With a rig like that you can 'hold on to the moment' as long as you want, even for years.

XL-erate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #32
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 2,937
Got mine at 22. Now I am 24. I know someone has me beat by getting theirs at 19. Enjoy and good luck
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote