User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #211
Dr. Hemlock
lumpy pile of goo

Oddometer: 76
Works Great!

Did 200 miles yesterday mostly back roads but a 50-mile stretch of highway gave me a chance to use the Omni-Cruise.

Wearing heavy gloves I found it easy to turn the tension screw. Once I had it dialed-in just right it gave welcome relief to my throttle hand.

Next order of business is to affix a small cable to prevent theft...because it is a damn nice-looking accessory.

One more note: the Omni-Cruise is so unobtrusive I completely forgot it was there until my wrist got a bit cramped and I needed some throttle assist.
Dr. Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #212
rider257
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
just placed my order
rider257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #213
WOTDesigns
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Thanks for the feedback Doc and Mark!

Rider: you got the VERY LAST ONE in stock through the web site and it will be on the way in the morning.

I WILL STILL BE TAKING ORDERS and there is a small discount that the ADV discount still works on top of for anyone buried in snow and willing to wait until I get this batch done.

Current batch is 550 units which is pretty overwhelming and time consuming initially but should prevent me from getting behind again.

I hope to have all machining and tumbling done by this Sunday then off to powdercoat and then laser. If everything goes well I will be shipping again before April 5th... just in time for AZ Bike Week!! WOOHOO!
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #214
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 984
Got mine about a month ago and well ... works as designed And for the price IMHO works as well or better than any of the bar end types I have tried. I'd like to order a 2nd as a back-up just in case (I an anal like that ) Am willing to wait for next shipment .... but not sure how I order? When you say you are taking orders ... should I just place the order on the website? Or via PM? Thanks for a great product.

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #215
WOTDesigns
Adventurer

Hi RT! I cant thank you enough for the kind words.

You can order on the website and enter the ADV discount code. I changed the price on the site so the code just knocks more off.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #216
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
Hi RT! I cant thank you enough for the kind words.

You can order on the website and enter the ADV discount code. I changed the price on the site so the code just knocks more off.
Done and an even better bargain!!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #217
nytrashman
old and in the way

Oddometer: 575
i got mine about two weeks ago and it is a very high quality product. in fact i like it so much i'm gonna order another one.
nytrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #218
Bokrijder
Soyez sans que peur

Oddometer: 313
Just ordered one, thanks for the discount.

edit --- WOT - someone previously mentioned a security cable - there's an idea for an available option. Thinking on the theft subject at the moment as my son's Honda was just stolen. New rider last summer, first bike - wonderful world isn't it. ---- edit

Bokrijder

Bokrijder screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 04:45 AM Reason: suggested accessory
Bokrijder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #219
RossM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Worth every penny

Took mine with me on a 265 mile trip this last weekend. I can't say enough good things! Works exactly as advertised, easy to adjust and to tighten on the fly, I didn't even notice it was there when I finally got to the twisties. Coming out of Phoenix its about an hour to the fun roads. The customer service was fast and helpful. All in all a great product!
RossM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #220
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 2,745
Got mine last week, no chance to use it yet, but it's a slick looking piece of kit and a note from Brian was cool.

Had a house party on saturday and a few other riders were there and I showed them all.
You should be able to get some of those guys and friends of theirs as well.

Just a comment on locking it as i've read possible concerns. One could use a zip tie to go through a couple of the holes or even use some 40 tho safety wire. It wouldn't prevent everything but one would need some kind of cutters to get through it. Although, it is pretty easy to take off and throw in your pocket or tankbag.

Looking forward to using it as I slab it from Ontario to Newfoundland this summer..

Thank you sir, it was a pleasure doing business with you...

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #221
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
got mine

i got the 2 I ordered .
thanks for shipping to Canada, and for free.
i haven't used it on the bike yet, just played with them for a couple of days, they are so well made and lighter than i expected.
GREAT PRODUCT.

one question
on the video that i saw about installation it says to put the "letter side ' of the little rubber ring facing the grip. my rings don't have any writing . one side is smooth and the other side seems to have a little lip on either side. i assume smooth side on the grip and the lips prevent the cruise from sliding off the rubber ring??
do i make any sense ? ( i had a few beers)

thanks again

north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #222
WOTDesigns
Adventurer

The bands were constantly being installed inside out so I had them not print on the new run. Plus over time the print wears off the inside. I just thought it looked cool, but having it inside out when people receive it makes people instal inside out.

THE RIBS GO TOWARD THE GRIP so that the slightly rougher side faces out.

That creates a concaved surface that also locates the omni and prevents it from wandering.

Its best to try it without the band first as most bikes dont need it at all.

The bigger two holes are purely decorative and fit a zip tie perfectly. I didn't mention anything about it in the instructions as I'm afraid someone will over tighten the zip tie creating an inability to adjust the Omni, or have the zip tie "clamp" get caught on a glove or cable. I planned on making a lanyard, but was advised my my insurance company not to as a dangling omni attached to the handlebars could also be dangerous.

Its sad, but there are other products I have designed that never got launched for the same reason: .01% of all people are dumber than 99.99% of the rest of us... lawyers LOVE those people.

Maggot- Thank you! Hopefully they all by you a beer after using and loving theirs :)

ROSSM- That sure sounds like a well phrased review for my website ;) Sadly most of the reviews on there that I would like to quote for advertising some day left their name off so I can't :(

nytrashman- Thank you sir! I love repeat customers!

After Cyclefest next month I'm going to get some t shirts made. The quotes I've gotten require running at least a few hundred at a time to even be able to ship them for $15, but they will actually be pretty bitchin with a silver metal flake diamond pattern. I can't wait to start doing some shows and get to meet some of you guys!!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #223
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
After Cyclefest next month I'm going to get some t shirts made. The quotes I've gotten require running at least a few hundred at a time to even be able to ship them for $15, but they will actually be pretty bitchin with a silver metal flake diamond pattern. I can't wait to start doing some shows and get to meet some of you guys!!
Have you checked with ADVriders own Hayduke?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503112

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #224
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
I just placed my order this morning. Thanks for the discount. Maybe I should have asked earlier, but is anyone using it with an S10? Didn't see it listed as a known conflict so I'm hoping it clears the stock handguards. Got an extra band to use on my DR too. Thanks.

Dan
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #225
WOTDesigns
Adventurer

Thanks wdeTA I sent him a PM.

Icecold Dan it needs 3.25 inches to safely operate. If you just stick a tape measurer up against the grip and measure to the hand guard at the CLOSEST point it MAY hit that should give you a good idea.

If it doesn't look like it will fit shoot a bunch of pics my way and I will see it I can make an adapter to fudge the hand guard. I just mailed out three test adapters for V Strom riders as they were very vocal that they would like it to fit... but it didn't.

Of course if it doesn't fit and you don't want it I will take it back for a full refund less shipping and handling (s/h = $0.00) :)