Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo3 View Post
Scott,

Do you make a drop in replacement for a BMW F800GS, and if so would I want 12 cell or 16 cell?
Couldn't find my bike on your website chart.

Gracias.
We make the drop in for the F800 it our YTX12-12 or YTX12-16 (12-cell version or 16-cell version)... Same case size an format as the YTX14 that is spec'ed by the Manufacture. 12-Cell or 16-Cell depends on type of riding mostly... The 16-Cell will have more cranking amps pretty massive power compared to a lead acid and a bit more capacity than the 12-Cell version. This would benefit if you ride more often in colder climates, or have extra accessories on the bike. The reason for the benefit in colder climates is basically because the more cranking amps you have, the more overhead you would have for cranking in colder climates.

All lithium batteries have a cold lag... in very cold temps the battery will seem a bit more sluggish but will self warm after some amp discharges and get back to full power...but with a more powerful battery in the first place the effect is not as pronounced. Hence bigger Cranking Amps equals better cold weather starting. This is an area where we can trump the other lithium manufactures becasue we can offer much more power in the same physical size.

Regards,

Scott-

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #32
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer: 43
real sizes and weights?

hello Scott!

please, can you correct real sizes and weights to your web-shop site (or here), or are all the batteries same size and weights (16 oz)?
I prefer metric, ie. mm and gramms...

http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...tteries-ag401/
http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...tteries-ag801/
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...teries-ag1201/
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...teries-ag1601/

I'm very much interested in 12 or 16 cell version, for my KTM 990 adve.

1. what is the difference between
'The Antigravity 12-Cell : 2.3 lbs (about 1043g) ' and 'Antigravity Batteries AG1201 : 16oz (about 500g) '

or none, just 'typoerror' in specs (weight)?

2. what is the real Ah in 12 cell and 16 cell (not the PB Eq)
(I mean to drain out with camping ligts, eg., not starting the engine)

3. I've heard, that these batteries can't be charged with a normal lead-battery-charger but only with Antigravity special one?
if so, why? (normally of course, bike will charge it...)

Regards,
Loui€

Loui€ screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 03:09 AM Reason: clarification
Loui€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Answered in UNDERLINED STATEMENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by loui€ View Post
hello scott!

Please, can you correct real sizes and weights to your web-shop site (or here), or are all the batteries same size and weights (16 oz)?
I prefer metric, ie. Mm and gramms...

hi louie...i see what you are saying it looks like the 12-cell doesn't have correct weight
...sorry we didn't catch that it is our new shopping cart. I will try to correct this over the next day or so.

http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...tteries-ag401/
http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...tteries-ag801/
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...teries-ag1201/
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...teries-ag1601/

i'm very much interested in 12 or 16 cell version, for my ktm 990 adve.

this need to be done in metric on the site it's in inches and we will correct... But the 16 cell will not fit unless layed on its side which requires some extra work. They 12-cell would be good but if you ride in cold or have extra accessories the 16 is better. The stock battery location for the adv just doesn't have alot of room because they use a ytz14 which is a low battery.

1. What is the difference between
'the antigravity 12-cell : [b][size=2]2.3 lbs (about 1043g) ' and 'antigravity batteries ag1201 :

16-cell is 1 inch taller.... 5.25" about 130mm, but has all the same dimensions for width and length. 16-cell weighs 12 oz. More about 340 grams more.

2. What is the real ah in 12 cell and 16 cell (not the pb eq)
(i mean to drain out with camping ligts, eg., not starting the engine)

real ah is 7 for the 12-cell and 9.5 for the 16 cell.... Keep in mind these are not good for powering camping lights due to human error... Yes they would do better than any battery but if you fall asleep and overdischarge the battery is will be ruined. Great for starter batteries not great if you have something where human error can ruin the battery quickly. I use them myself for powering everything from my camping stuff, to camera flashes to radios to our toys..-----but----- we don't warranty for any use but in standard charging systems in motorsports vehicles. Better to use a less expensive battery for stuff like this... Its to easy to forget to turn something off

3. I've heard, that these batteries can't be charged with a normal lead-battery-charger but only with antigravity special one?
If so, why? (normally of course, bike will charge it...)

you do not have to use an antigravity charger but you do have to use a lifepo4 lithium battery charger that charges to no more than 14.6v and within the correct amp charge rate. The reason is because lead/acid charger are often charging for a battery that has natural discharge like lead acid. They also go into modes like desulfination and other modes that will damage lithium batteries. Also after a charge they continue with a milliamp charge rate that over charges lithium... Vehicle and lithium chargers only charge to a certain point then stop. Lithium does not do well with over charge and it ruins the batteries quickly.

regards,
loui€

Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #34
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer: 43
hi.
Thanks for info!

Loui€

----
edit, much later (22.5.2013), my 'new' ag 16 cell small case in it's place:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=7906

Works great, thanks AG-guys!!!

L

Loui€ screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 11:16 AM
Loui€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #35
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,874
For a 950SM-- the correct battery would be an Antigravity YTZ10-12; correct?

My original Yuasa has lasted almost 7 years. The bike doesn't sit a whole lot (and hardly ever for more than 3 weeks), is/was always on a tender when not being used, runs heated gear in the winter (vest, gloves, and sometimes socks), and never had any issues. So you can say I am pretty satisfied with it, and it's hard to beat that price/performance.

I do like the weight difference, but it's not as critical with the SM compared to the SE (the SE has to be picked up a lot ).

I have a Shorai in my 950SE for over a year and it works fine so far-- started the bike in the 20's last winter with the proper warmup; runs the same heated gear as above, never on the tender. I'm curious to see how it fares this winter.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
I just read through the 3 pages and still had a few questions for you. You mentioned:
"The 16-Cell will have more cranking amps pretty massive power compared to a lead acid and a bit more capacity than the 12-Cell version. This would benefit if you ride more often in colder climates, or have extra accessories on the bike. The reason for the benefit in colder climates is basically because the more cranking amps you have, the more overhead you would have for cranking in colder climates."
I understand about the cold climate= bigger battery,but what batteries do you recommend with what temp ranges ? I have a Yamaha WR250R, live in R.I. and try to ride the WR even in the winter. I typically ride in 40-50F & above temps,but there are several rides(maybe 8-10 x's per year) where I leave my house and it's in the 30's or I'm on a trip and am camping out and it goes down into the 20's. What would you recommend with out being overkill?
You also mention if you have extra accessories that will make a difference to what size you need. I always thought as long as those accessories are OFF when you start your bike-they won't affect it? Is the battery still working to keep those things going once your bike is running? Was that more of a warning in case you accidently leave them on?
You also make mention of that dangerous 10.5 volts and below can kill a battery. What would you recommend for someone who wants to do a trip and store their bike at a storage location,and then return 10-12 months later to continue their trip. Is it possible with out the battery being plugged into a charger?
Last,I assume that leaving things charging over night in your tank bag(cell phone,camera battery,scalar head set battery) as I have done in the past with no problems will work fine with these batteries as well? Thanks
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #37
LexLeroy
Aging Gracelessly

Oddometer: 1,459
Antigravity for the XR650L

Scott,

I just received the YTZ10-8 that you sent for my XR650L. Even in the OEM case size it's incredibly light - a full 4 1/2 pounds lighter than the original AGM unit.

I replaced the factory regulator / rectifier with a Shindengen MOSFET unit last year in anticipation of doing the battery this spring. The original R/R was charging the old battery at almost 15 volts - within factory specs but too high I was told for AGM let alone LiFePO4 units. The new R/R holds a steady 14.4 volts from idle upwards, hopefully no more than what this new battery likes to see as a charging voltage.

LexLeroy screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 07:22 AM
LexLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,620
Ive seen a few of these,Shorai and Anti Gravity that melted in place on the bike. I guess they dont do that too much?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #39
KustomizingKid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
I am in the market for a new lightweight battery and am torn between anti gravity and shorai or maybe ballistic... Choices.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
LexLeroy
Aging Gracelessly

Oddometer: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustomizingKid View Post
I am in the market for a new lightweight battery and am torn between anti gravity and shorai or maybe ballistic... Choices.
Heavy reading, but go here. Inmate Cy has done some serious testing of various Lithium batteries, including cutting them open to see how they're constructed. It's mind-numbingly technical but well worth the read - and might help you make a better battery choice.

LexLeroy screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 05:32 AM
LexLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #41
MTFYR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Just want to give a little plug for their customer service. Called ( wish I could remember his name ) at 4:45pm asked some questions, he was very courteous and answered all my questions. I said ok, he said I will package it up and get it out. I live one county over, had it next day. Battery worked, light as hell. As far as long term, time will tell.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #42
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
I just switched out the old lead/acid battery in my KTM LC4E with one of these new fangled lithium batteries.
Here is an update after about a year using the Antigravity battery. The rest of last year was uneventful. The Antigravity started the bike every time without much hint it was different than a big heavy lead battery. About mid August I had to put the bike aside to do some top end work.

It sat all fall and winter until this week when I finally completed the engine work. It was a little below freezing that morning and the summer blend gasoline was 7 months old so it required a lot of cranking before it finally fired. The Antigravity battery just kept cranking and cranking it over with no hint of getting low after sitting around for 7 months without a charge. I'm sold.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #43
gstreff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
20 cell battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
Answered in UNDERLINED STATEMENTS

Scott
Is the conversion from PbEq on a 20 cell battery 13. 2 amps or thereabouts?
22x.6=13.2 amps ?
Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #44
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstreff View Post
Scott
Is the conversion from PbEq on a 20 cell battery 13. 2 amps or thereabouts?
22x.6=13.2 amps ?
Thanks
the new A123s are 2.5.... 5p x 2.5 = 12.5 Actual Amp hours if tested as a standard testing.... did I answer this in our emails? Sorry if I missed it.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #45
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Testimonial

So I bought an Antigravity battery from Scott over a year ago now for my KTM SDR with the stock Yuasa battery that was getting weak. Well the year rolled by and my KTM wasn't getting ridden much and it was on a battery tender so I kind of forgot about the Antigravity sitting in my office. This weekend I sold my Daytona and realized I'd be riding the KTM a lot more and it occurred to me I'd never installed the new battery. I was pretty certain that sitting in my office unused for over year had at best depleted the charge beyond starting capacity and at worst ruined the battery from discharge. I decided to install it anyway (PITA on the KTM) and hooked it up. Turned the key on and the electrics whirred to life...hit the starter button and the bike roared to life instantly! Damn impressive for a battery sitting unused for over 12 months. I'll be using more of these on my other bikes as the lead/acid batteries go bad.

Great product...Scott