Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
afmeyer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Best place to find .gpx route

I want to download the latest GPS tracks for the CDR and the TAT. Where is the best place on ADV Rider to find the latest tracks? For example, on the CDR thread it says the track was last updated in 2009 and the thread is 35 pages long. Is there one site where you can find the latest tracks without having to go through 35 pages.
Thanks for your help.
afmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by afmeyer View Post
I want to download the latest GPS tracks for the CDR and the TAT. Where is the best place on ADV Rider to find the latest tracks? For example, on the CDR thread it says the track was last updated in 2009 and the thread is 35 pages long. Is there one site where you can find the latest tracks without having to go through 35 pages.
Thanks for your help.
I have CDR tracks ready for download in 20x500 format for 60/76 and also 200x2000 format for 62/78/Montana all on GPSXchange.com Also have my CDR version for New Mexico which actually follows the divide. Canonshot also has a CDR version with a lot of waypoints but not quite editied like the ones I have collected.

In case you didn't read the MANY threads, the only Tracks available for TAT are from Sam, you must buy the maps and rollcharts then get them.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,426
GPX Tracks Great Divide Ride:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619934

http://dco43054.com/phpbb/viewtopic....b3cf7aa2b4819f

Pictures and other information relating to the tracks:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603076

Hope this proves helpful. Feel free to PM if you have additional questions about the above information.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
In case you didn't read the MANY threads, the only Tracks available for TAT are from Sam, you must buy the maps and rollcharts then get them.

The better response would be "TAT tracks are not available on ADV since the TAT is Sam's copyrighted work."

You can buy the TAT maps and information from Sam and create your own tracks and/or routes.

There are quite a few threads in the GPS forum that reference the TAT and how to create your own files.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,835
Another good source for tracks is DualSportMaps.com. You can do a map search for tracks.

Except for Countdown's special area GPSXchange.com is a little hard to get started with. You have to upload a track before you can download any. It has been a few years but I had trouble getting registered there.

I don't know if you have to register to get Countdown's tracks, but you don't have to upload one first.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbnm View Post
I don't know if you have to register to get Countdown's tracks, but you don't have to upload one first.
Yes like most bulletin boards you must register so they know you are a real person. And yes it can take a long time to get registration approved (PM Christian who runs it). And yes ignore the "you must post a track" go straight Private Libraries about half way down.

Even without registering, you can see what is there, you just can't open files.

I try to make it very easy to find tracks. Everything is indentured by area or common name like CDR, GWT, Pony Express, etc

On CDR, I have collected many riders actual active logs and filtered out all the wrong turns, double backs, etc then divided it into 18 or so tracks, then filtered them to 500 points ready for the old 60/76 with 2 spares for options.

I also spent 2 weeks in New Mexico finding a much better route than the Mtn bike one that every one else uses.

DualSportMaps.com is good but too much data for my old slow computer.