Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
How do I copy from a USB drive a "quick time" movie to "iMovie" on my Mac

Howdy All,

In language even a computer idiot such as myself can understand, can someone explain to me if its possible for me to get a USB stored "quick time" movie made on a PC, transfered to my Mac hard drive so I can work with it in "iMovie"? Thanks for any help you can give.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
Xavier Lefaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

In language even a computer idiot such as myself can understand, can someone explain to me if its possible for me to get a USB stored "quick time" movie made on a PC, transfered to my Mac hard drive so I can work with it in "iMovie"? Thanks for any help you can give.
I'm guessing you've had this solved by now, but you should be able to simply drag and drop the file from a USB drive into a folder of your choice on the Mac and then open it as part of a project in iMovie.

Have you tried this and gotten an error at all?
Xavier Lefaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Lefaux View Post
I'm guessing you've had this solved by now, but you should be able to simply drag and drop the file from a USB drive into a folder of your choice on the Mac and then open it as part of a project in iMovie.

Have you tried this and gotten an error at all?
Howdy Xavier Lefaux,

Thanks for your reply, I never did get it figured out and now the fellow who had the video on the USB drive has moved on to a different part of the country so the opportunity to copy the video has been lost.

I am NOT much with computers, I did try the drag and drop thing but for some reason it didn't work, either I was doing something wrong or I wasn't dragging the data to the right place. Again thanks for trying to help.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Xavier Lefaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Ah, sorry to hear. iMovie can be a little odd to use at first (and weirdly, it's one of the friendlier video editing suites...), sorry I didn't spot the thread sooner to offer any earlier help.
Xavier Lefaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: