Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #1711
euromedic
Peter...n00b

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
That is awesome AH, both in imagery and execution of a gravel hillclimb on a sportsbike. Very cool.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #1712
euromedic
Peter...n00b

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Pics of Scottsdale to Vegas:

Appropriate ;)

Quote:

Primitive road? Ya think! Government uh:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #1713
bttran
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Itching for a journey

I'm halfway through the RR and already wanting to take my duc on a similar journey as yours. Fantastic reading!
bttran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #1714
luckyguy19
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
This is about the most profound reading I've ever done on the internet. This ride report has infected my daily thoughts. I gave up my beloved 1098 to get a R1200GS so my 9 year old daughter and my wife can go riding with me. I will be back on a Ducati when I can afford to keep the GS and have the Ducati.

I think very few people understand how motorcycles can become a way of life. This report captures what it’s like to live and breathe motorcycles day in and day out. Pure sport bikes and dirt bikes are my favorite because there is little there that doesn't absolutely need to be. There is truly nothing better than being one with the machine and it becoming your companion, almost transcending being an inanimate object. Thank you for the time and commitment it took to document your trip.
luckyguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #1715
Halen
Suerte O Muerte

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyguy19 View Post
I think very few people understand how motorcycles can become a way of life. There is truly nothing better than being one with the machine and it becoming your companion, almost transcending being an inanimate object.
Very well stated and I couldn't agree more. I hope a Ducati comes back into your life sooner than you expect.
Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #1716
Yoyodyne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantingaduc View Post
That sounds like something Vicki might have had a hand in. She knows more people inside Ducati than anyone, short of Cladio...

If you've never met her, make of point of doing so.
I met her and Rich 2 years ago at Ducstock and I've never met 2 more passionate, personable and genuinely nice Ducatisti in my life.
In my opinion they are royality in the Ducati world.

Looks like were going to have to add your name to that list soon enough Antihero.

jimi
Just had dinner with Vicki at the weekly S.FL Ducati Owners Meetup last night and brought this discussion up with her. She DID send word of this Ride Report to Ducati, but in her words, she's not sure whether or not Ducati Corporate was already aware of AH's ride...

...she really is the "eyes and ears" for Ducati, given her vast social network.
Yoyodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #1717
himv
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I'm on page 77.
can not find the words to describe your talent. your biggest ability is to hit a perfect match between words and feelings. it's like you know how to refine so many thoughts into a resonant sentence. you were blessed dude! waiting for your book (and if necessary will translate it to hebrew [yep, I'm jew but will do it for free]).
I'm about to do a us roadtrip this summer (the common R1200GS , still do not have the guts to drive on a superbike) and will definetaly read your RR few times again.
warm greetings from Israel.
himv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #1718
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
PMs sent. Always a great feeling to log in and see so much great feedback. Should have a fairly substantial update soon, so stay tuned!
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #1719
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by himv View Post
i'm on page 77.
Can not find the words to describe your talent. Your biggest ability is to hit a perfect match between words and feelings. It's like you know how to refine so many thoughts into a resonant sentence. You were blessed dude! Waiting for your book (and if necessary will translate it to hebrew [yep, i'm jew but will do it for free]).
I'm about to do a us roadtrip this summer (the common r1200gs , still do not have the guts to drive on a superbike) and will definetaly read your rr few times again.
Warm greetings from israel.
+1
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1720
kneedrag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Knocked over Duc

Damn, each time I see that photo of the bike on its side it makes me cringe.
I hope the dumb ass that was the cause makes his way to hell before the rest of us!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails- Explore, Dream, Discover"

Mark Twain
kneedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #1721
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,294
Yo Anti, you should plan to include this when you get to Europe.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858688
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #1722
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
PMs sent. Always a great feeling to log in and see so much great feedback. Should have a fairly substantial update soon, so stay tuned!
Great to hear!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1723
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Yo Anti, you should plan to include this when you get to Europe.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858688
Sounds great, except for the 100hp limit. Hmmmm....maybe if I mix 1/2 gallon of gas with 1/2 gallon of water? Or hack the ECU and set the rev limiter to 5000 RPM? :)
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #1724
Cafe Racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B43 View Post
First of all, a buddy of mine sent me this RR, saying 'you and this guy have alot in common'. I started reading have communicated with Dennis a few times.

Cafe Racer, FWIW...you're not alone....."That was over five years ago".......

I built two houses by myself, the last one because my wife wanted acreage for her horses. Kitchen addition, big barn, 1000' of fencing/etc (you get the picture).....and I retired early, turning down a promotion/more $$$ because she wanted me 'out of that fucking job'! I couldn't really argue with her there. I've never been more content! and then.....a year after I retired, she wanted a change....the change being me leaving. Yeah, a divorce! That was five years ago.............

I crawled off, dragging my severed heart, soul, spirit and 'being' and tried to heal up. Can't say I wandered. More like a blind man in a large room trying to find a door and then realizing that there is no door! I have to climb out! Learned alot about ME during my climb out of th at room! Learned ALOT, but am fightin certain aspects of 'me'.

Cut to today.....in a much better place! I've taken numerous road trips, over the last 2+ years, and have a few planned for this year. A new bike is sitting in the garage (MultiStrada) and.......have a new woman that 'understands what moves me'! Ain't life interesting!

As Dennis said....I've never been on my bike without having totally clarity/calmness/peace! My mind is in neutral, but totally focused. Some buddy's of mine ride listening to music and want to know why I don't. Simple....when my helmet goes on, I'm totally alone in my own world and I don't want outside influences!

Cafe.....I'm bout 5 hrs north of you in Humboldt county. You ride this way.....
Yeah... On occasion. Planning on riding to Alberta in June. Possibly passing through.

Miguel
Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #1725
Cafe Racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
I am. But my bike is still in the shop--As soon as my clip ons come in I'll probably pick her up, seeing as though all the other parts will probably take some time to come in. So if you see someone on a Panigale with jacked up bodywork, it's me!
When you get your bike back lets set up a breakfast ride. I'm in San Francisco off of Monterey Ave.

Miguel