Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,679
States where speed cameras are banned

http://thenewspaper.com/news/27/2769.asp

Found this interesting....thought I would share.

I applaud these States
Old 04-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
daveinva
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Some states haven't banned them yet, but they don't have them, either. Additional info: http://www.iihs.org/laws/cameramap.aspx
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,366
I prefer speed camers to cops. No points and I don't have to deal with the attitude! Besides. speed camera locations are generally known and advertised.

Jim

PS I do not dislike cops, or disrespect them. The same is not always true of them to me.
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I prefer speed camers to cops. No points and I don't have to deal with the attitude! Besides. speed camera locations are generally known and advertised.
I agree.

I hate being hassled. Last time I got pulled over for speeding (about a year ago) the cop asked when I got my last speeding ticket. Told him it's been over 15 years and he replied..."I've never gotten a speeding ticket", and walked away.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 5,108
Quote:

Jim

PS I do not dislike cops, or disrespect them. The same is not always true of them to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
I agree.

I hate being hassled. Last time I got pulled over for speeding (about a year ago) the cop asked when I got my last speeding ticket. Told him it's been over 15 years and he replied..."I've never gotten a speeding ticket", and walked away.
+2

If I have to be a part of a fundraising activity, I'd rather it come in the mail....
Old 04-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well, I'd rather make the state work for it....if they want to pull me over and contribute to the road tax they can pay a Trooper to do it. Some places moves the cameras around so you don't know where they will be. I'll take my chances with a cop over a machine. The last 3 times I have gotten pulled over I got let go with a warning. Cameras just issue the ticket....I'll take a few minutes by the side of the road and get let go than a bill in the mail....

Many of the bans also ban the use of GPS or cell phones for tracking speed and issuing tickets....cameras are the first step...pretty soon you won't be able to go one mile over or your own vehicle will rat you out.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #7
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Many of the bans also ban the use of GPS or cell phones for tracking speed and issuing tickets....cameras are the first step...pretty soon you won't be able to go one mile over or your own vehicle will rat you out.

Jim
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
matkal
Assault Commuter

Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:
Well, I'd rather make the state work for it....if they want to pull me over and contribute to the road tax they can pay a Trooper to do it. Some places moves the cameras around so you don't know where they will be. I'll take my chances with a cop over a machine. The last 3 times I have gotten pulled over I got let go with a warning. Cameras just issue the ticket....I'll take a few minutes by the side of the road and get let go than a bill in the mail....

I'm with you. Got pulled over for 73 in a 55 and the cop was so grateful that I pulled over for him, he let me off with a warning. I was on a GS..... LOL

In the States with cameras, cops won't pull you over for speeding?!
Thought so. With no cams, you only have to worry about cops, not cops AND cameras.

Helmet laws suck. They interfere with natural selection.

ATGATT 35:12-14
"And Atgatt courted Motgatt, and took her for a wife.
And lo, he compromised with Atgmott, and verily she conceived,
and did bear a son, Notgatt. And Notgatt roamed naked,
and did bequeath his skin to the roads. And he was a wild ass and an outcast,
and was hated through all the land. And his forehead was branded, and he did be
come a sign and a warning to all the people."
matkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Jim
Apparently some law makers are crazy too since they put verbiage in the law to negate that very use...

Quote:
New Hampshire

Highway Video Surveillance

Section 236:130

236:130 Highway Surveillance Prohibited. –

I. In this subdivision, "surveillance" means the act of determining the ownership of a motor vehicle or the identity of a motor vehicle's occupants on the public ways of the state or its political subdivisions through the use of a camera or other imaging device or any other device, including but not limited to a transponder, cellular telephone, global positioning satellite, or radio frequency identification device, that by itself or in conjunction with other devices or information can be used to determine the ownership of a motor vehicle or the identity of a motor vehicle's occupants.

II. Neither the state of New Hampshire nor its political subdivisions shall engage in surveillance on any public ways of the state or its political subdivisions.

III. The prohibition set forth in paragraph II shall not apply where surveillance:

Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Apparently some law makers are crazy too since they put verbiage in the law to negate that very use...

Are they protecting us from themselves? Makes no sense unless they are as paranoid of the government, themselves, as you are.

Jim
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Are they protecting us from themselves? Makes no sense unless they are as paranoid of the government, themselves, as you are.

Jim

You call it paranoia I call it upholding the constitution and defending personal freedoms...

NH has a long history of doing just that....
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
You call it paranoia I call it upholding the constitution and defending personal freedoms...

The constitution IS the law, so why write one to cover what already exists? Paranoia and a waste of government resources when there are real issues that are left untended, same with the fed!

Jim
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
matkal
Assault Commuter

Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:

Live Free or Die! :)
When has our government ever done anything to invade our freedoms? Or ignore the Constitution?
(sarcasm smiley)

Helmet laws suck. They interfere with natural selection.

ATGATT 35:12-14
"And Atgatt courted Motgatt, and took her for a wife.
And lo, he compromised with Atgmott, and verily she conceived,
and did bear a son, Notgatt. And Notgatt roamed naked,
and did bequeath his skin to the roads. And he was a wild ass and an outcast,
and was hated through all the land. And his forehead was branded, and he did be
come a sign and a warning to all the people."
matkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
Offcamber OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The constitution IS the law, so why write one to cover what already exists? Paranoia and a waste of government resources when there are real issues that are left untended, same with the fed!

Jim

Ok now I think your just argues for argument sake.....but last time I checked GPS's and cell phones weren't in the constitutions specifically so yes laws do need to be made so that there is no gray areas.

I would agree many laws are made to justify the lawmakers job but not all....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,031
Quote:

I'd rather the state pay the Trooper to do more important tasks,,,,, like actually care about the fact that my house got robbed a few months ago.

It's been my experience with traffic cameras that they are clearly marked. The ones that are stationary have signs stating so. And even the same in areas where they are in different places daily. There are always signs stating "Photo Enforcement Area"

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote