Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #16
kpinvt
OLDnSLO

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
So I have been rooting around here for a while learning about scooters. I think I may have a few posts in different threads, not a regular by any means. Multiple surgeries on my left hand has made me reconsider the contents of my stable. I thinned the herd down to nothing and then recently picked up a Yamaha FJR1300AE. Now I want to add a scooter, probably a maxi. I've been looking and found this Honda today, excellent condition, 2007, owner is asking $4,300, scoot has 4,170 miles. What say ye scooter collective?
With that top case included? BUY IT. I owned a 2003 model for two years and put over 21,000 miles on it before I traded it in on a BMW G650GS. Bad move. The main reason I wanted another bike was because of the very bumpy roads here in Vermont. If you live in a place that does not have the extremes in temperatures that we have in VT and the roads are in good shape then get it. I found the small diameter wheels, the weight of the bike and the stock rear suspension were not a good match for the riding around here. That said, I wish I still had it. I did my first and only Saddle Sore 1000 on the SWing. I was absolutely shocked at how quick the bike is off the line. Sop light drag races were a lot of fun. Honda's engineers fixed it so you could not wheely the bike. It doesn't really get going until you hit 5 MPH and then watch out. No shifting means you win almost everytime so long as the next light is less than a quarter mile away. Any further and you will eat their dust. In the straightaways the bike doesn't have the power but I always caught up to the groups I rode with in the twisties. Good luck.

kpinvt screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 03:28 AM Reason: More info
kpinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #17
YogiBabu
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
There is an 03 Silverwing with 6000 miles on this site of bikes for sale for $3100. I'd think thats a better deal.

hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!
YogiBabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #18
YogiBabu
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
So I have been rooting around here for a while learning about scooters. I think I may have a few posts in different threads, not a regular by any means. Multiple surgeries on my left hand has made me reconsider the contents of my stable. I thinned the herd down to nothing and then recently picked up a Yamaha FJR1300AE. Now I want to add a scooter, probably a maxi. I've been looking and found this Honda today, excellent condition, 2007, owner is asking $4,300, scoot has 4,170 miles. What say ye scooter collective?

Buy it great deal ...... low miles.......
YogiBabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBabu View Post
Buy it great deal ...... low miles.......
I did today. Going to take it out for a spin in the morning, will post pics tomorrow. Woohoo, very excited. Got it for 4 grand even.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Congrats!!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #21
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
You got a good machine. The SWing really does it all...very versatile. I think you're going to dig it...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #22
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Only put a few miles on today, massive rain early today dampened my riding time, but got a taste of what's to come. My first scoot, lots of fun.

andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
I did a Demo one a Silverwing a few years ago. I really enjoyed it.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote