User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #76
Sniper X OP
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,294
Of course I would pay off every cent I owe to the credit card companies that is debt my Mom left me when she died. It isn't a ton but more than I can just go pay off right now. I would then have the house I always wanted built to my spces and it wold not be a trophy house, but would be perfectly functional for me. Nice kitchen, decks, pool, walk in gun cabinet with a bunch of new toys, and of course the aforementioned garage!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #77
Sancho Panza
Super Black Eagle

Oddometer: 990
As I am in the midst of a divorce with BSC ex, I would of course give it all to her to support herself and her bf, and live under an overpass for the rest of my life!!!
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #78
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,890
First, set up trust funds for parents, and brother.

Second, buy a huge RV.

Third, buy a new motorcycle. Or twelve.

Fourth, make sure at least one bike fits in the RV.

Fifth, take off. I'd drive that RV somewhere, park, ride the motorcycle around that area for a few days, then pack up the RV and move a couple hundred miles down the road. I could do this for years.

Oh, and there would probably be some hookers involved. No cocaine, though — that stuff is bad for you, I hear.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #79
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,293
There days I really dont' need anything else. I've managed to climb my own way out of the debt pile I createdin my 20's. I'm by no means debt free, but I'm much closer that a lot of people I know.
I've got great people in my life, a good career. I make decent money. I can't see that a whack of cash would really improve my world much. I'd find a way to get through it if I had too...... Of course I only play in the work pool.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #80
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 971

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #81
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,185
1) I would not tell anybody except my daughter and her husband.

2) I would hire a good attorney and a tax accountant experienced in handling lottery winnings, having them handling getting the money into a trust without my name being involved.

3) I would put enough into an interest bearing account that could pay for comfortable living expenses for the rest of my life even if I blow all the rest. Say 2 million or $50K to $100K per year. Then I would not touch it or use it unless I totally ran out of the rest of my money.

4) I would pay off my mortgage - the only debt I have.

5) I would set aside another $2M for current living expenses and that is what I would actually use for basic living expenses, day to day type of stuff.

6) At that point I would retire - not before. I would just not show up for work and I would send an email to work telling them I quit.

7) I would then pay off my kid's mortgage and any debt they have. I would get them nice new vehicles, but nothing too fancy - just a new nice premium crossover AWD SUV with the options for each. I would then set aside enough for them to live in their current lifestyle for the rest of their lives, and a little more, into a trust that paid out $50K each per year for the rest of their lives. They could then decide what they want to do, but I suspect both of them would retire.

8) Then I would fix up my current property with a few improvements - probably about $100K, a new roof, landscaping, a few cement pads by the shop, stuff I had planned to do on a budget over time anyway, a greenhouse and so on - and then put it on the market, but not be in a hurry to sell it.

9) Then I would find some forested land that further out because I no longer have to commute. A place that has a southern exposure this time with more land around it, and this time I would have a custom sub-terrain house built with a similar shop large enough to hold toys and equipment and tools. The land would maybe be about $1M, the house another $1M, the shop probably at least $200K. I would put aside enough to pay the taxes for 30 years.

10) I would do some traveling, not just first class, but using a private charter to fly, first to the south Pacific, Tahiti and so on. New Zealand. Maybe a number of other countries and continents.

11) Along the way I would buy some nice toys, probably a custom built Christini 2WD, some custom built 4WD trucks of various sorts, some custom built guns, a Porsche AWD 911 and a few other nice cars.

I probably would not give any (or at least not much) money to any other relatives or friends. They either don't really need it, or those that do need it would just blow it (that's why they need it, and then they would just need it again). There might be just a couple of exceptions but I would be very careful that those were doled out small amounts over a period of time.

12) I would be tempted to buy back the family farm, but the truth is I don't know what I would do with it, I probably would not live there - maybe not even visit, none of the rest of the family would either, the people who have it now seem to keep good care of it. It is just hard to drive by by it every day coming and going to work, with all of the memories - but then if I moved further out I probably wouldn't be seeing it anymore.

This would probably be about $10M so far. If I had more I might buy either more land around my new house, and/or buy land elsewhere and put comfortable but modest sub-terrain houses and shops on them. Maybe one in some remote area of B.C., maybe one in southern Oregon, maybe one over near Bend.

I would probably give some to various charities - mostly those having to do with children - like St. Judes, Dornbecher, Children's Hospital, overseas orphanages, some micro loan charities in foreign countries - that kind of thing - where it will do the most good. Spread it around, not too much to any one cause - $10 to $20K each.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #82
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,517
Why, I would run for senate and make some real money!

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #83
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,156
I'm just smart enough to know I would go stupid and blow it all.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #84
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,727
I wanna know where everyone is going to find these magic investments that allow you to live off of interest.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #85
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
I wanna know where everyone is going to find these magic investments that allow you to live off of interest.
Same place they win the lottery.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #86
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 3,978
I would buy a house in the middle of couple hundred acres of land and call it Petoria!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #87
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Isles Foo Foo View Post
I have two great daughters, got rid of the BSC wife, have the best Mother, brother and sister in the world, beautiful home overlooking the ocean, a CT90, and a job that doesn't suck....Meh, who needs the lottery
You could upgrade to a 110.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #88
Kris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Buy a house in the country with some timbered land. Buy a WRX STi , a small motorhome -van based. Travel some then think of a business to start.
I would be generous and be willing to help people in true need which would be enjoyable.
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #89
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,398
I'd probably buy a place in Northern New Mexico, somewhere in the Taos/Santa Fe region. Grass and water for horses. Nice building for the motorcycles.

A condo on South Congress in Austin, for the music.

Donate some money to a couple of my favorite charities.

Otherwise, I'd lead a pretty low-key life, riding motorcycles and horses whenever/wherever I wanted...
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #90
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,801
I would be able to do what I wanted, when I wanted, how I wanted because I felt like doing that at that time.

Absolute financial freedom would rule !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: