Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #151
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
That's interesting.. you can't give them away in Croatia and around.
They are 2009 models over here. Aprilia stopped importing them after 2009. They had a huge sale 1 or 2 years ago to get rid of all the 2009 models. Some dealers (a few of them) still have some SC250 on their showroom floor. You just got to find who and where they are.

There are no SC300 in the US.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #152
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Oddometer: 2,202
Secondary market for these is tough too. Mine has been for sale for months and haven't had a single call on it.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #153
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
Secondary market for these is tough too. Mine has been for sale for months and haven't had a single call on it.
Maybe location dependent, in Houston the dealership practically begs for SC on consignment. I haven't heard of any offered for sale that stayed on the market long in Houston either.
cdwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #154
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Maybe location dependent, in Houston the dealership practically begs for SC on consignment. I haven't heard of any offered for sale that stayed on the market long in Houston either.
Seriously? Hmm, maybe a road trip to Houston is in order! If I could find something to buy there, I could ride down and leave the SC and ride back on something else! Gotta go look at CL!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #155
quasigentrified
Trumpet Strumpet

Oddometer: 746
i just sold my sportcity 250 to cycle barn in lynnwood, wa. (great dealership, btw!) puig windscreen, oem topcase, couple thousand miles. AWESOME scoot, but once i rode a bv350, i NEEDED that beefier engine and lightweight touring ability. (and the space for all my commuter crap. and the cigarette lighter socket for charging my gerbing kit. and the seat. and the suspension. omg.)

*snif* i'm gonna miss that little 326 lb. sumbitch. it was pure misbehavin' joy. the bv350 is still easy to throw around, but not like the sc250 was.
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #156
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
Seriously? Hmm, maybe a road trip to Houston is in order! If I could find something to buy there, I could ride down and leave the SC and ride back on something else! Gotta go look at CL!
Call Houston Superbikes and see what they say. Apollo Scooter is another Aprilia dealer who buys scoots. They just bought my neighbor's 2005 Vespa ET 4. See if you get an offer.
cdwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #157
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Call Houston Superbikes and see what they say. Apollo Scooter is another Aprilia dealer who buys scoots. They just bought my neighbor's 2005 Vespa ET 4. See if you get an offer.
Thanks! Will do!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #158
Wangta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Hey guys,

Big fan of this thread - researched like crazy (including this thread) before pulling the trigger on my SportCity Cube 300. Really happy with it and happy to see and hear that others are touring with this awesome scooter. Recently took a tour last summer around the Korean peninsula. It was a blast and the SportCity performed great. Here are some pictures:

Got pulled over by Police!

Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #159
GREY.HOUND
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Very nice!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #160
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Really great photos! I was in South Korea in about 1987 for Team Spirit. Your photos really catch the nature of life there. Looks like good scootin', too...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #161
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,859
Nice pics and of course great looking scooter

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #162
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,538
Beautiful pics and bike. Love that design and color scheme.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #163
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

The only real problem I have had with my Sport City is a leaking fork seal. I had the left fork seal replaced under warrantee but it eventually it started leaking again. The right tube was also leaking slightly. The Aprilia Tech at Rider's Hill suggested I try something that one of his customers recommended. What he recommended was Dow Corning Molykote 55 O ring Lubricant. It is a grease that is claimed to lubricate and slightly swell seals. I got a tube of it from Amazon.com for around $25.

I pulled up the dust seals on my fork tubes, put some of this stuff all around the fork tubes just above the fork seals, put the dust seals back in place and then bounced the suspension up and down a few times. Then I let it sit overnight. Since then I have ridden a few times and there has been no oil on the fork tubes. It appears that it worked but only time will tell if it's a long term fix.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #164
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
According to my local Aprilia rep, the warehouse is sold out. The only ones left are the ones at some dealerships around the country. That can't be too many left.
what concerns me moving forward is parts.

which is why I am getting a back motorcycle. Waiting three weeks for parts on my only transport is not going to work.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #165
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Time for an update. I now have 17,170 miles on my Sport City. My fork seals are still holding up after applying the Molykote 55. Other than that I have experienced no problems.

I increased the tire pressure in my rear tire ( Kenda Challenger) to around 36-38. It seems to be wearing better but I doubt it will last 5,000 miles. I'll report when it wears out.

I recently did some riding in the Ozarks and had the chance to ride with some larger scooters. the Sport City did just fine.

I found that by hanging a water bladder on the front cargo hook I could drink while riding without having to wear it on my back.

If you are interested in my ride report it's here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921267