Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #91
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
the ridgline is rated to haul 1500 pounds in the bed. The closest i have come (so far) to your proposed job is 500+ pounds of rocks in the bed and a trailer full of bark mulch. The trailer tongue weight was in excess of 150 pounds for sure. I had no trouble at all.

Tire pressure would be something that i would look at.

Name:  ridgeline.jpg
Views: 3337
Size:  110.6 KB
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #92
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,743
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2008/11/honda-ridgeline.html

http://automobiles.honda.com/ridgeline/baja-racing.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYl7QlaZAI

OLD NEWS but fun: REAL TRUCK???????

The Ridgeline Conquers Baja. Again.

Going into the 2010 43rd Score Baja 1000, Gavin Skilton and his team knew they had a distinct advantage. The 1,062-mile course was a high-speed affair, so the Ridgeline's Variable Torque Management® 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4®), and 4-wheel independent suspension really gave it a chance to shine. Gavin Skilton and co-driver Andy Grider piloted the Ridgeline race truck to victory, literally leaving their competitors in the dust. They covered the course more than 14 hours quicker than their closest competitor. Of the Ridgeline's performance, Gavin said, "We knew it would be a fast race this year, well suited to the Ridgeline, and that proved to be the case…The Honda ran flawlessly."

The Ridgeline started in Ensenada, Baja California, and finished in La Paz, Baja California Sur, conquering a nasty variety of unforgiving terrain along the way in just under 30 hours, without incident. Naturally, Gavin was stoked after the race, saying, "Everything came our way and this is an even better win than '08, and a fantastic follow-up to our four [class] wins and championship season last year."
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #93
jambie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I'll second every positive statement. In fact, I bought mine when the lease was up. Perfect for how I use it...

Stopping off for a swirl...Cheers!
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #94
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,233

Look at the arse end of that thing squat. And you posted this picture as proof of something to proud?

I don't want to get into an American/Import debate, but I'll take my truck and throw your bikes in the bed and tow your Ridgeline and trailer (unless they're weigh more than 14,500 lbs) at the same time without squatting it like that.

And still make 12 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg unladen.

In my experience with many years of hauling two bikes and gear up the nothern end of the state and back, you'll wear the suspension of a real truck if you do it often enough. The old half ton I had needed helper springs after three years of this sort of work. Then it worked a treat. For anyone else, were I to ever consider buying one of these things used (as if) the first question I'd ask is, 'have you clapped it out hauling a load like this?" and then I'd show them the above photo.

Or this one:

-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #95
jambie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Whatever, dude. Don't get your truck nuts in a bind. This is (or was) a post about the Ridgeline, not your F950/9500HD/dually 'merican solid-axle behemoth. The Ridgeline works perfectly for those who know its strengths and limitations. I'm glad your truck works for you...

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #96
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 1,001

Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #97
leakypetcock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
I have to admit that they're growing on me. I really like the lifted look. I'm getting old, my tastes are changing.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #98
Sidecar Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Wow! I can't believe this thread came back to life! I've had my Ridgeline for three years now, still no problems. It is currently for sale as I have my eye on a 2011 Ridgline. I own a F350 diesel (the real truck) and the Ridgline. I much prefer to drive the Ridge. Much quieter and more car like. The performance in the snow is awesome, love the traction control and antilock brakes.
Sidecar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #99
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
[QUOTE=BWalker;4989021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie

I had (key word here) an 06 Ridgeline. I never hauled any bike in the bed but did tow them on a trailer. I don't care if it is rated at 5000 lbs., I don't like driving down the interstate in 3rd gear, which is the gear it wanted to use while towing. It also REQUIRED premium gas while towing. I really liked everything about the Ridgeline except the towing. I now have a new Silverado and it doesn't even know the trailer is back there.
I don't know what Ridgeline you were driving, but my 07 runs on regular gas and I took my daughter to college hauling a loaded 5x8 U-haul trailer with all of her furniture in it and 5 in the cab. No problem. Interstate and secondary roads and NH is not flat. I didn't spend that much time in 3rd gear, but it did downshift from time to time but I also expected it would.

To each his or her own needs. Again, the Ridgeline is a very good TRUCK but isn't intended to be, pretend to be, try to be, aspire to be a full size, full frame, solid axle, V-8 powered truck. As long as you understand the envelope in which it is designed to work in, it is a fine vehicle and mine has served me very well.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #100
Elburrito
Donkey

Oddometer: 2,283
I've had my Ridgeline since 2005 and hauled, ATV's, sleds and motorcyles in it. It is very tight indeed but will work. The bed size is probably the trucks only drawback for me. I have 180,000KM's and have had nothing go wrong with it.

I got the odd bantering from friends driving full size trucks but they've warmed up to the ridgeline over the years.:) Especially since there is a 50.00 difference at the gas pump for basically the same milage.
Elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #101
Ttuck93
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
Yeah, I never liked the look of the Chevy Avalanche nor the Honda Ridgeline. I wish the bedrails were flat. I think that sloping bedrail kills the looks for me, that and the small tires/rims. I've seen a lot of Ridgelines with the 2" lift and bigger meats...and they look a lot better to me.

Like I said, I've got a 2000 Tundra, and have been pleased with it. My biggest gripe is the front doors won't stay open. You have to be parked on perfectly flat ground with no wind, or the doors always close on you. I hate that! Kinda petty, but it's bothered me for YEARS! It's an un-excusable design flaw in my opinion. It's gets 15-16 mpg. So a Ridgeline won't be any worse....but won't have as much power either. I mainly want a larger back seat, and still be able to load a bike in the back. The under bed trunk is a bonus. I'd love a crew cab Tundra, but that's $5-7000 more than a Ridgeline right now (shopping used).

2" lift with bigger meats!

[img]http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1703/8

109864/19835427/325495689.jpg[/img]

Im curious to know how you put those XD rims on that ridgeline? All ridgelines are 5 lugs and I thought XD only made a 6 lug? I want those same rims for mine so let me know! Thanks
Trevor Tucker
Ttuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #102
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttuck93 View Post
Im curious to know how you put those XD rims on that ridgeline? All ridgelines are 5 lugs and I thought XD only made a 6 lug? I want those same rims for mine so let me know! Thanks
Trevor Tucker

It's a pic I found while searching online, not my Ridgeline.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #103
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,798
Ridgeline rocks!

I have 166,000 + miles on my 06 Ridgeline I bought new. I have hauled an Airstream Bambi(3500 lbs.) with a 300 lb. bike into the mountains of Colorado - also a motorcycle trailer with 3 bikes on it and 2 in the bed of the truck. Never broke down, 75,000 miles per set of tires and $300 worth of non maintenance repair bills in it's 166,000 miles. Great all round vehicle. Typical Honda quality and reliability.
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #104
Edelweys
DOM undercover

Oddometer: 261
Reviving the thread...
I was set on a Tacoma/Baja, but I find myself old (and maybe smart) enough to know that what I want is not what I need. I'd love to use a rugged Tacoma for what it's built for, but I simply know that the Ridgeline would only be out its element in MAYBE 1% of all of my probable future uses.
After seeing a Ridgeline on the road today, I started researching it: except for the outdated (5 speed) tranny, this looks like a smart choice for the occasional hauling of a couple of dirt bikes, or my 1200GSA, and still have the comfort and ride characteristics of a regular car.
BTW, it's built in the USA, and most of its components are US native.

Unless something VERY shiny and sparkling comes around, this is my most likely choice for my next car/truck/van/transportation

Thx for all the feedback
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #105
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweys View Post
Reviving the thread...
I was set on a Tacoma/Baja, but I find myself old (and maybe smart) enough to know that what I want is not what I need. I'd love to use a rugged Tacoma for what it's built for, but I simply know that the Ridgeline would only be out its element in MAYBE 1% of all of my probable future uses.
After seeing a Ridgeline on the road today, I started researching it: except for the outdated (5 speed) tranny, this looks like a smart choice for the occasional hauling of a couple of dirt bikes, or my 1200GSA, and still have the comfort and ride characteristics of a regular car.
BTW, it's built in the USA, and most of its components are US native.

Unless something VERY shiny and sparkling comes around, this is my most likely choice for my next car/truck/van/transportation

Thx for all the feedback
You could do much worse!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: