Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #136
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meter Man View Post
Attempting to sell my Subaru. Had two lookie loos.

First gal drove it with her mom, and it was pretty clear she was NOT interested. No reason given.

The guy tonight pretended he couldn't get it started for 30 seconds or so (he turned the key, then turned it off, turned the key on, then off), drove it. Then he came back and low balled me. I asked him what he didn't like/thought was wrong with the car: needs battery (battery is 6 months old), hard to start (I've never had an issue starting, drive it everyday), carpets in poor condition (not the best but in line with the age of the car), smells like dogs and rotten milk (no dog has ever been in it, I don't think milk has ever been in the car and nobody has ever indicated it smells), Air conditioner doesn't work (he didn't press the A/C button, only ran the fan, I drove it after and it worked fine), runs rough (it certainly runs rougher than a new car but seems fine to me), he was implying it needs a headgasket (already done under warranty some time ago). He also said nobody should ever pay more than Blue Book trade in value.

Pretty frustrated that potential Subaru buyers. A lot of lowballers through email and the guy tonight who obviously was trying to scam a lower price.

Although it is fairly unorthodox, I may shoot the gal an email and ask her why she decided not to buy it, perhaps my perceptions are wrong about the car.
Don't bother. If she didn't want it, she didn't want it. Someone else will. As for buyer #2, I would have told him I know exactly where a Subaru is that doesn't have any of the issues he complained about (or manufactured). Then I would have given him directions to the nearest Subaru dealer, told him the price for a new one is only 20 grand more, and told him to get the fuck off of my property.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #137
Meter Man
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,237
It was the first gals boyfriends dad that looked at and low balled me.

I emailed her and asked her to let me know what she didn't like. What she herself didn't like was the banks refusal to finance her enough along with minor quibbles (which she said were minor) like tape deck instead of CD/MP3 player and a couple small door dings. She wanted it, but couldn't come up with the money.

Dad boyfriend offered me exactly what she could get financing for.

I may just keep the car even though I am very tired of Subarus.

Knew it was dad boyfriend because small area and Facebook shows all because people don't make their profiles private.
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #138
Meter Man
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,237
Subaru is again having fueling issues. Off it goes to get fixed.........

It will probably then get sold.
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #139
McCormack
eltiT resU motsuC

Oddometer: 5,197
Let's see...

1997 Impreza 2 door. Had a weird hesitation early on that went away on its own. Otherwise, no issues. Traded in 2001 with about 60,000 miles.

2001 Impreza 2.5 RS. Replaced both head gaskets at around 70,000 or so. Also had to replace rear struts about a year later. Traded in 2008 with about 95,000 miles. Very fun car! Otherwise no issues.

2008 Impreza 2.5i. Absolutely 0 issues. Traded it April 2012 with about 100,000 miles for a Jetta TDI. The Jetta was a piece of shit.

Now have a 2013 BRZ that I love. I'm hoping it will be issue free.

My next car will be a Subaru, hopefully a turbo Diesel
McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: