Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #3286
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,175
Sanjoh ... need a new lens i cracked mine ... new clear cover aswell and some H/D mounts ...i found the mounts on your site but no clear lens .. i did find the protectors ......are you out of clear len's

thanks
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #3287
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Sanjoh ... need a new lens i cracked mine ... new clear cover aswell and some H/D mounts ...i found the mounts on your site but no clear lens .. i did find the protectors ......are you out of clear len's

thanks
Please contact me via email sandjoh@gmail.com.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #3288
dsc522758
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Looking for mainly DRL but better light at night when needed

2009 Kawasaki KLR650
I have read most of this entire thread over the past week. I do all city and or slab riding and would like somethng like the 44's for daytime visibility. I just don't think I would ever need all the light 60's give! I understand running these at 100% at night on city streets would not be very considerate of oncoming vehicles so you recommend one of your LED Dimmers with High Beam Bypass which sounds promising. I don't think I need another key FOB in my collection so I was looking at the Rotary one. I have also checked out the Skene product also. A few questions for you and sorry if they have been answered somewhere else in this great thread.
Where or how exactly does the Rotary LED Dimmer mount? To the bars? On a panel?
I understand the Model 44 Flood Light is a glass lens. Does the Xpel Light Protection slip-on to the flood light housing to protect the glass from breakage? Is the Xpel a replacement lens?
dsc522758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #3289
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Morning, it can take a while to get through a thread like this :).

The Xpels are a round (lens-fitting) material that apply directly to the front of the lens. I would say they can be removed if they get damaged or you want a different color. Right now I have yellows on my LEDS, but you can get blue and clear. Mine have some noticeable road-wear and I should be getting some new ones myself, so as to how difficult it is to get them off, someone else can comment, and I would appreciate a good tip on how to start the process myself, lol. Tweezers? :). See link below. I know they USED to have yellow, I hope they still carry it.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...Categories.bok
Ricky Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #3290
dsc522758
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Morning, it can take a while to get through a thread like this :).

The Xpels are a round (lens-fitting) material that apply directly to the front of the lens. I would say they can be removed if they get damaged or you want a different color. Right now I have yellows on my LEDS, but you can get blue and clear. Mine have some noticeable road-wear and I should be getting some new ones myself, so as to how difficult it is to get them off, someone else can comment, and I would appreciate a good tip on how to start the process myself, lol. Tweezers? :). See link below. I know they USED to have yellow, I hope they still carry it.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...Categories.bok
So the Xpels are like a plexiglass slip-on to the glass lens on the light?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #3291
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
Yes, made of urethane I believe.
Ricky Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #3292
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Please contact me via email sandjoh@gmail.com.
email sent no answer
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #3293
dsc522758
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
Yes, made of urethane I believe.
OK....I did a youtube search on Xpel and I see it is a film type of product. Sort of like a window tint type of film. I thought it was more like a clear lens cap like you would install over the light housing.

Any answers to the question on the rotary LED switch and how it mounts to the bike?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #3294
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc522758 View Post
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
Have a look at this page starting at post # 2833.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...y#post19939318
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #3295
dsc522758
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday Rider View Post
Have a look at this page starting at post # 2833.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...y#post19939318
OK...ummmm....looking for something that will give me a bit cleaner install like the Clearwaters use. Something a bit more clean mountable instead of Velcro or 2-sided tape. Love the lights! Already have a pair of Twin Headlight Ernie brackets for the Gen 2 KLR650. Just trying to figure out the rest so I can get this rolling! I'll have to sleep on that ADVmonster rotary switch. Thinking I may be able to panel mount that thing but will I be able to turn it with gloves? I can't wait to order the ADVmonster lights!

dsc522758 screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 12:25 PM
Old 04-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #3296
Dusty_Bottoms
Adventurer Ordinaire

Oddometer: 726
It's a very big knob about one inch across. You can adjust it with one single finger. Gloved or not.

That's what SHE said.
COHVCO #7369
Dusty_Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #3297
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
OK...ummmm....looking for something that will give me a bit cleaner install like the Clearwaters use. Something a bit more clean mountable instead of Velcro or 2-sided tape. Love the lights! Already have a pair of Twin Headlight Ernie brackets for the Gen 2 KLR650. Just trying to figure out the rest so I can get this rolling! I'll have to sleep on that ADVmonster rotary switch. Thinking I may be able to panel mount that thing but will I be able to turn it with gloves? I can't wait to order the ADVmonster lights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Bottoms View Post
It's a very big knob about one inch across. You can adjust it with one single finger. Gloved or not.

That's what SHE said.
And once you've set a lower setting to be traffic friendly, you don't need to change it. High beams give you full power.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #3298
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
I have read most of this entire thread over the past week. I do all city and or slab riding and would like somethng like the 44's for daytime visibility. I just don't think I would ever need all the light 60's give! I understand running these at 100% at night on city streets would not be very considerate of oncoming vehicles so you recommend one of your LED Dimmers with High Beam Bypass which sounds promising. I don't think I need another key FOB in my collection so I was looking at the Rotary one. I have also checked out the Skene product also. A few questions for you and sorry if they have been answered somewhere else in this great thread.
I understand the Model 44 Flood Light is a glass lens. Does the Xpel Light Protection slip-on to the flood light housing to protect the glass from breakage? Is the Xpel a replacement lens?
The rotary dimmer is surface mount. You can mount it anywhere you have the space. I like mine mounted behind either the brake or clutch (if equipped) master. Like this

The xpel lens protection is a product developed by 3m to protect aircraft windshields. It is not a replacement lens, it is attached with adhesive and becomes permanent about 20 minutes after application. Here is what it is made of.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #3299
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
email sent no answer
A guys gotta ride

Email coming with PP invoice.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #3300
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Sanjoh
the plastic knob on the dimmer broke off. Is there anything I can splice in to replace the switch? It still works but the adjuster is flush to the housing and I can only turn it by sticking a key in there.
Garrett