ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #10846
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,220
SPRING CLEANING SALE!

I just realized how much riding clothes I have in my closets that aren't not getting used... and I could really use the closet space.

First off... all the stuff below fits me and I'm 5'7", 145lbs, 30" inseam/38" chest.

ALPINESTARS TZ-1 LEATHER JACKET (US 38) ~ $95

This my oldest piece of gear. I love this jacket and the way it fits, but my new REV'IT! Ignition 2 is a very suitable replacement, so I don't see the Alpinestar jacket seeing much use. Showing a bit of wear, but very little... just enough to give it character and make it extremely comfortable. I had it professionally-cleaned last year, so it's fresh as a daisy. Only issue it it's missing the original zipper pull, but I added a rubber one.

CE shoulder and elbow armor.

ALPINESTARS LEATHER PANTS (US 34 - Reg) ~ $125

These pants are VERY LIGHTLY USED... I bought them NOS on eBay a few years ago, but they've basically been hanging in my closet.

AGVSPORT TEMPEST H20 JACKET (Small - 38 chest) ~ $50

I bought this jacket along with the AGVSport Telluride H20 pants for a road trip in 2011 and sold the pants last year. The jacket's been in my closet ever since. Very clean, very lightly worn. It has a built-in waterproof membrane and a removable thermal vest. CE back, shoulder, and elbow armor.

PM for additional details or to stake your claim.

And, you riders that fit these clothes, remember to paraphrase Shakespeare...

"...and though he be but little, he is fierce!"
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure

Narsisco Lopez screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 02:37 PM
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #10847
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
WTB: Left Knee Brace

Before I throw down some serious coin for a new Asterisks, Pod, EVS, or the Alpinestars B-2 Carbon, I figured I'd see if anyone has one they are no longer using. I wear a small.

Thanks!
I have a pair of EVS SX01-M knee braces that I never wore. They are medium, but are a little too small for my 6' 165 lb. body.

Yes, the picture is upside down.
They were not what I wanted for riding. Let me know if you are interested. PM sent.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #10848
PigTrail
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Honda CRF 250X

Bought and built for my dad, but he isn't riding it much, so it's got to go!

Was hard to start, so top end was completely redone in '09. Have receipts. More than $800 in work. Not ridden much since then. Rebuild included new cylinder head, gaskets, seals, rings, piston, pin, clip, and valves. Everything new on the top end. All completed at RPM motorsports in August of '09.

Plated, street legal Honda CRF250X, 2004. Electric start with new top end. Have receipts.

Aftermarket parts include:

TM designs chain guide
TM designs skid plate
TM designs rear disk guard
Completely new plastics in early '12. Only a few rides on these (front fender, shrouds, rear fender, side panels)
Baja designs rear LED tail-light and brake light.
White brothers exhaust.
Moose rear grab handle.
Gel seat. Lowers the seat ~1"
Speed metal designs sub-frame lowering kit. Takes about 3/4" off the seat height.

My dad has a 30" inseam and was comfortable touching both feet.

Front tire is %90
Rear tire is %60

About the only thing that isn't new-ish on this bike is the hand-guards. They're straight and functional, but do have plenty of scuffs from trail use.

Mileage gauge does not work.

Stock gas tank

Adult owned and ridden. Clear street legal Colorado title in hand.

$3000 OBO

Located in Castle Rock, CO. Give me a shout at fiv-fur-oh.tree.tu.7.6.1.5.8. If you can't figure that out, pm me!

Also have a Kouba lowering link that will lower the rear an additional ~1.5". Combined with lowering the forks in the tubes a bit allows even the shortest riders to enjoy it. Link was $140+ new. Used once. Make an offer. Might make this a great bike for teen or wife.

PigTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #10849
Greg@RME
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,156
Sold!!

Greg@RME screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 05:51 PM
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #10850
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,849
Cigar Collection

Ok ADVers and ADVette's. You've got the bike, you've got the gear, you've got the scars. Yet the world still isn't taking you seriously. What's the missing ingredient? What's the one thing you still need to let the world know that you take life by the horns, drive it into a corner and say "bring it on brutha, bring it on" ?? Trust me, it's not more bikes or more gear (unless it's more Wolfman stuff or more HDB stuff - you can't go wrong there), it's not properly pronouncing Acerbis or Yoshimura or Akrapovic. No, it's Cohibas, Ashtons, Patels, Maduras, Connecitcut wrappers, creamy blue/grey smoke and the look of assurance only a fine hand rolled cigar can bring.

So, in order to help you out, I'm parting with my entire cigar collection, humidors, cutters, etc. All for $150 (local pickup or delivery). Here's your chance to get 5 (count em 5) humidors, 50 cigars, a couple of cutters and various other paraphernalia for one low price of $150. I can deliver along the front range, Colo Springs to FoCo.

Here's the whole shootin match

Humidor No. 1

Humidor No. 2 a nice burl wood finish

Humidor No. 3 is a nifty little unit that looks like a hard cover book and opens from both sides

Humidor No. 4 A nice view top

Humidor No. 5 is a very nice large unit

And finally....
How cool you could look in just a matter of hours from right now!

So none of the cigars are anything exotic. Stuff I paid maybe $4 to $8 a stick for. They are fairly dried out right now but could easily be brought back to life. If you've ever wanted to get into cigars, this is a very affordable way to get in, If you're already into cigars but want to add a few more humidors or a few more sticks to your collection, this is a great opportunity. $150 takes all.

PM me, then let the herfing begin.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #10851
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,849
Receiver Hitch 2nd Gen 4Runner

Receiver hitch for 2nd Gen 4Runner. $50

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #10852
Desert Scoundrel
Banned

Oddometer: 131
New Oakley Spike sunglasses. They are about 10 years old but never worn. PM me you email and I will shoot you a few pictures if interested. They are not the new style Spike.

$50

They look like this:

But have these lenses:

Desert Scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #10853
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Receiver hitch for 2nd Gen 4Runner. $50

Dude, looks like you're clearing out, if you're thinking of getting rid of that XR650 give me a shout...........
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #10854
Humvee21
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigTrail View Post
Bought and built for my dad, but he isn't riding it much, so it's got to go!

Was hard to start, so top end was completely redone in '09. Have receipts. More than $800 in work. Not ridden much since then. Rebuild included new cylinder head, gaskets, seals, rings, piston, pin, clip, and valves. Everything new on the top end. All completed at RPM motorsports in August of '09.

Plated, street legal Honda CRF250X, 2004. Electric start with new top end. Have receipts.

Aftermarket parts include:

TM designs chain guide
TM designs skid plate
TM designs rear disk guard
Completely new plastics in early '12. Only a few rides on these (front fender, shrouds, rear fender, side panels)
Baja designs rear LED tail-light and brake light.
White brothers exhaust.
Moose rear grab handle.
Gel seat. Lowers the seat ~1"
Speed metal designs sub-frame lowering kit. Takes about 3/4" off the seat height.

My dad has a 30" inseam and was comfortable touching both feet.

Front tire is %90
Rear tire is %60

About the only thing that isn't new-ish on this bike is the hand-guards. They're straight and functional, but do have plenty of scuffs from trail use.

Mileage gauge does not work.

Stock gas tank

Adult owned and ridden. Clear street legal Colorado title in hand.

$3000 OBO

Located in Castle Rock, CO. Give me a shout at fiv-fur-oh.tree.tu.7.6.1.5.8. If you can't figure that out, pm me!

Also have a Kouba lowering link that will lower the rear an additional ~1.5". Combined with lowering the forks in the tubes a bit allows even the shortest riders to enjoy it. Link was $140+ new. Used once. Make an offer. Might make this a great bike for teen or wife.

PM sent about the KoubaLink. Please respond!
Humvee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #10855
cptmoney
Two wheels, only one seat

Oddometer: 509
Still have these Bates bags and a wired fairing - and I need 'em outta here.

Bags have working locks and matching keys. Not perfect, but in pretty darn good shape.

I'm over on the western slope, but am headed to Denver this weekend.

These came off an early Honda, but they're the exact same bags often found on many other mid-70's bikes (BMW/Suzuki/Yamaha?etc)

How about $125 for an inmate?

[/QUOTE]
cptmoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #10856
cptmoney
Two wheels, only one seat

Oddometer: 509
Brand new rotational molder - and 15ish molds with materials. Sold by Iasco-Tesco - plenty of specs available on their website in the pdf catalog.

Molds include football, baseball, horseshoes, boomerang, piggy banks, etc. Tons of fun stuff here.

Great for schools, youth groups, boy scouts, etc...or just the adventurous hobbyist. I'm coming to the front range this week, and can bring it along if you're interested.

Asking $399 on craigslist, but will let it go for $300 for an inmate. I need the space! Make an offer and I'll bring it on over.....it's BRAND NEW.

cptmoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #10857
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvanvuren View Post
1973 Honda CB500 Four. 26k miles.
That bike so deserves a new seat cover...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #10858
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,231
2000 Suzuki DR650

For sale is my 2000 Suzuki DR650. It has just over 17k miles. The bike is in good condition and needs nothing. Here is the list of extras that I can remember:

-IMS 4.9 Gallon Tank
-Procycle Saddleman gel seat
-Highway Dirt Bikes hand guards with renthal bars and bar risers
-Wolfman Luggage Rear Top Rack
-Screens for bikes windscreen
-HID headlight
-Air box is opened up and it has been re-jetted for altitude (wheelies are easy)
-I also have a lot of extras (including a set of tires)that will go with the bike, too many to list

There is a known issue with the DR650 and it is the NSU(neutral sending unit) screw. I have fixed this on this bike with new screws, red locktite and safety wire. I am asking $2500 which I think is fair. Call or PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking. Dusty nine seven zero 581 seven four zero two. Bike is located in Berthoud, Colorado.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #10859
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,915
ICON Airmada, size Large. Purchased it at the beginning of winter and used it a few times while commuting to work. Not a single scratch on it. I went a different route so this one's for sale now. It might be a little dusty from sitting the past 2 months.

Asking $120 OBO.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #10860
james t kirk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
PM Sent

interesting- kirk out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvanvuren View Post
I recently purchased this from Ben's (DudeAbides) son, and it was an inmate's bike before that as well. I bought a newer Triumph that fills the same niche that this bike would for me, so here it is:

1973 Honda CB500 Four. 26k miles. Completely stock except for a Kerker 4 into 1 exhaust (surprisingly quiet) and a chrome luggage rack. Starts and runs well, but is an older bike and you may want to do a few things (headlight switch is stuck in the on position, rear brake will squeak on occasion, etc). Could use side covers and a seat cover, but doesn't look too bad as it sits. Clean Colorado title.

$1400 for ADV peeps, or make me a reasonable offer. I'm on the northeast side of Colorado Springs.

james t kirk screwed with this post 04-07-2013 at 09:08 PM
james t kirk is offline   Reply With Quote