ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1621
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers
 
Tex76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Oddometer: 862
Best catfish in Texas!

__________________
"We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
2007 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 DL1000, 2005 DR650
30:Unemployed and Homeless (2 months and 10,000 miles)
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #1622
PapaYolk
Ride Along
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Roswell Idaho
Oddometer: 1,421
__________________
Papa, would you like your old cell?

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #1623
scootac
Just a Traveler
 
scootac's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,883
Needs more food and less plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRS View Post
__________________
The world is a book, those who don't travel, read but a single page

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #1624
Bluegoblin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: YYC
Oddometer: 10
Dining in a parachute tent on the edge of the Rhotang-La

Perhaps not the best but easily the most welcome meal that i have ever had in my life. Fresh roti, goat stew, cauliflower curry. On the Rhotang descent into Koksar, I came across this tiny place of stacked stone and wood beams and parachute tarps. it was lit with a single propane light and was filled from the wood smoke of the ovens. It was warm, and welcome, and was an oasis on a hard ride.

Bluegoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #1625
Joyseeker
a biking sweetie
 
Joyseeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoblin View Post
Perhaps not the best but easily the most welcome meal that i have ever had in my life. Fresh roti, goat stew, cauliflower curry. On the Rhotang descent into Koksar, I came across this tiny place of stacked stone and wood beams and parachute tarps. it was lit with a single propane light and was filled from the wood smoke of the ovens. It was warm, and welcome, and was an oasis on a hard ride.

that is a great looking curry experience. is there a wider shot of the meal and the tent?
__________________
Joyseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #1626
greybeard50
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Peru, IN aka "the flats"
Oddometer: 28
Pretty Good Opening Paragraph to Your Novel...

"Perhaps not the best but easily the most welcome meal that i have ever had in my life. Fresh roti, goat stew, cauliflower curry. On the Rhotang descent into Koksar, I came across this tiny place of stacked stone and wood beams and parachute tarps. it was lit with a single propane light and was filled from the wood smoke of the ovens. It was warm, and welcome, and was an oasis on a hard ride."
greybeard50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #1627
Blixa
Derelicte
 
Blixa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 779
Good food here (Clifton General Store/Main Street Pub): Clifton, VA




It's a popular spot for riders.
Blixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #1628
CaptUglyDan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
CaptUglyDan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Port Orchard Wa
Oddometer: 248
CaptUglyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1629
Chris K
Studly Adventurer
 
Chris K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Northumberland, UK.
Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptUglyDan View Post
Is that a very small coffee or a very large pastry?

Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1630
CaptUglyDan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
CaptUglyDan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Port Orchard Wa
Oddometer: 248
Cinnamon roll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braeburn_Lodge
CaptUglyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1631
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer
 
SteelB12's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Prince William County, VA
Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
Good food here (Clifton General Store/Main Street Pub): Clifton, VA




It's a popular spot for riders.

Ah, but where's the food??

They have good hot cocoa as well (well not for days like today)
__________________
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
2009 KLR650
SteelB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #1632
Blixa
Derelicte
 
Blixa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelB12 View Post
Ah, but where's the food??

They have good hot cocoa as well (well not for days like today)

I destroyed the French Dip sandwich last Saturday - too quickly to get a photo. Next time, I'll post something.

The fried pickles are also terrific. I haven't tried the hot chocolate yet but I'll be sure to do so next time we get a cold spell.
Blixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #1633
Bluegoblin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: YYC
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyseeker View Post
that is a great looking curry experience. is there a wider shot of the meal and the tent?
Here's what I have - the first shows a little better the interior of the tent and the kitchen area. The second is the outside of the tent lit only by the moon and the solitary light within. This incidentally was the only light I had in the whole descent of the Rohtang; a wire rubbed raw on the headstock resulted in the demise of the remaining squadron of lumens that my Enfield could muster.

Bluegoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #1634
Joyseeker
a biking sweetie
 
Joyseeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoblin View Post
Here's what I have - the first shows a little better the interior of the tent and the kitchen area. The second is the outside of the tent lit only by the moon and the solitary light within. This incidentally was the only light I had in the whole descent of the Rohtang; a wire rubbed raw on the headstock resulted in the demise of the remaining squadron of lumens that my Enfield could muster.
many thanks Blue.
__________________

Joyseeker screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 02:22 AM
Joyseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #1635
Bad Dad
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Oddometer: 77
Just some Poutine from Quebec last year.

Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014