Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #271
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Good question. I am guessing no. But would be interested to hear from someone that has tried it. From what I read about these things is they help create a calm pocket of air behind the screen. The larger Triumph one seems to do this already. In the lowest setting there is almost a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the screen.
Well, I did use a Touratech spoiler on the standard screen....

and it did move the air upward. I suppose, as you say, the taller screen does that anyway.
Anyway, as I posted before, with some analysis and a little work you can find something that works great....

Good luck.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #272
Too Tall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Cee Baileys web site indicates that availability and pricing for their T800 shields won't be available until June.

Seems like they're losing out on a season's windshield sales by being so late.
2012 Triumph 800XC
2010 KTM 990 SMT
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #273
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Cee Baileys web site indicates that availability and pricing for their T800 shields won't be available until June.

Seems like they're losing out on a season's windshield sales by being so late.

X2, those are beautiful looking shields. Just got picked up a used factory large shield I will be testing this spring, if that doesn't work out than Cee Bailey is the next choice.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #274
thumper 8
wag more, bark less

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
Love to hear what you think about this one...

Pictures would be nice too...
I got one of the Powerbronze touring 'flip' clear screens from their site - $72 + $25 shipping - $97.18 delivered to Vancouver, BC

10 minute install - I am 6 ft tall with seat in the high position. Reduced noise and buffeting vs stock.... unless you owned a Tiger, you probably could not tell it was not stock.

So far, so good.

Looks about 4 inches taller than stock - I still look over the top of the screen by 3 or 4 inches:

Taking the road less travelled... and loving every minute of it!

All my bike pictures here: http://www.thumphoto.com/
thumper 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #275
Tagnahoor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Laugh Madstad

I had the large Triumph screen with an MRA X-screen, which combined was quieter than stock. However I was still unhappy with the remaining wind noise and buffeting. My Sunday rides are also many hundreds of miles, 2 to 4 tankfulls. This weekend I put a Madstad 20 inch screen on (I'm 6"1' and use the tall seat position) and I am tremendously impressed with the quiet and lack of buffeting. I'm done thinking about windshields now, with the possible exception of adding a Y-shaped support from the base-plate to the headlight/instrument cluster to reduce some of the possible movement of the light beams. I need to do a night ride to see if it's needed first.
The Madstad looks weird, but it's not totally incongruous with the Tiger's looks. It depends on your priorities.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #276
JCANRUN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that the stock shield is good for me. I'm 5'7". The wind just brushes the top of my helmet and around my eyes but I have no turbulence/buffeting. I'm also wearing a 3/4 helmet with a face shield. Actually, this is the first bike I've had with a windshield where I didn't have to change the shield.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #277
riceaterslc
Urinal Cake Engineer

Oddometer: 123
can someone take a picture of their Madstad side deflectors?

i tried installing mine like they show on the website and pictures here but they reduce my handlebar movement significantly.

thanks in advance
riceaterslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #278
TAMPAJIM OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceaterslc View Post
can someone take a picture of their Madstad side deflectors?

i tried installing mine like they show on the website and pictures here but they reduce my handlebar movement significantly.

thanks in advance
Maybe you mounted them upside down. Mine never came anywhere near the handlebar , levers, handguards etc.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #279
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMPAJIM View Post
Maybe you mounted them upside down. Mine never came anywhere near the handlebar , levers, handguards etc.
If your wing is pointed back and down, you've got it mounted correctly. Here are a few photos of mine mounted...

Full lock with the larger Barkbusters. Albiet I have 2" ROX risers.

From the side.

From the front.

Now if you think raising the bars would help you, here's a solution

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889655

ttime4four screwed with this post 05-26-2013 at 03:58 PM
ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #280
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Headlight Reflection

Has anyone had a problem with the headlight reflecting in the wind screen after dark? I can not use my high beams due to it reflecting so much light back in the screen. It is so bright it becomes distracting and really strains the eyes after a few minutes. I wonder if the screen could be painted on the underside with some type of flat black. I have the Triumph adjustable tall screen. Anyone have ideas on this?
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #281
riceaterslc
Urinal Cake Engineer

Oddometer: 123
TAMPAJIM and ttime4four, thanks for the replies.

my deflectors came with the T-screws installed on the opposite side of what they should have been and I wasn't creative enough to think about switching them around. i'm an idiot.
riceaterslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #282
TAMPAJIM OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceaterslc View Post
TAMPAJIM and ttime4four, thanks for the replies.

my deflectors came with the T-screws installed on the opposite side of what they should have been and I wasn't creative enough to think about switching them around. i'm an idiot.
That one is on Madstad, not you. I would drop them a email about what happened, they are very responsive to customer problems. Might save somebody else some grief.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #283
TAMPAJIM OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Has anyone had a problem with the headlight reflecting in the wind screen after dark? I can not use my high beams due to it reflecting so much light back in the screen. It is so bright it becomes distracting and really strains the eyes after a few minutes. I wonder if the screen could be painted on the underside with some type of flat black. I have the Triumph adjustable tall screen. Anyone have ideas on this?
Yes. I have used a black indelible marker in the past for this. Might help to dull the edges with fine sandpaper first.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #284
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,579
Quote:
I have this shield and also the factory headlight cover/shield and it does reflect a lot of light at night. I tried using some black door guard edging on the lip of the windshield and on top of the headlight guard. It did cut the reflected light quite a bit, but I would only rate it as partially successful. However, I believe if I removed the headlight cover it would have worked far better. I just didn't try it that way because I like protecting my headlights and rarely ride after dark.

I believe the edging would work well, or better yet painting the bottom portion of the windshield. However, if you could move the front edge of the windshield back so the front edge of the windshield were behind the leading edge of the headlights then you'd have success.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #285
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,680
How about using a piece of the auto door edge protection strips that they see in auto stores along the bottom of the shield? Just a thought....

lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote