ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #22246
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,043
Hey guys,

My wife and I are looking for a couple dual sports. She wants a xt250/225 or a Super Sherpa and I am looking for something in the 400-450 range DRZ KTM etc. If anyone has any leads please send them our way. --Thanks
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #22247
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,543
Sweet package deal. 2 first generation KLR 650's. Near maximum farkles. One with an off road sidecar.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #22248
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
Hahaha, you guys crack me up. Thanks for posting the long video, DM. I'm glad that the camera was still on for that cool little run in the creek.

My bike has never been muddier than it is right now.

BR: We had a really great tour guide and great rider leading the way. Steve AKA Roald took us around and showed us each individual feature of the area, for the most part. Not in the video were some of the more intense log hops and rock gardens section. The variety in terrain is pretty great. And that one hill climb with the log across it is much more intimidating in person...
My first edit cut the footage down to 16 minutes of action. Too long so I kept cutting. I meant to leave at least one log hop in there, but I guess I cut it. The rock garden did not get captured. That was when I left the camera off. My bike has never been muddier either and it has been plenty muddy before. The helmet cam really flattens out hills, rocks, you name it. The logs I was getting stuck on look like sticks in the video. The single track was all over the place sharing some trails with quads and then breaking back off. VERY hard to follow. Hook up with Roald. I know I can't retrace what i did yesterday.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #22249
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
Sweet package deal. 2 first generation KLR 650's. Near maximum farkles. One with an off road sidecar.

VAC
Send me some info.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #22250
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post

VAC
VAC

This was my last hack. I had fun with them but they just aren't for me.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #22251
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
My first edit cut the footage down to 16 minutes of action. Too long so I kept cutting. I meant to leave at least one log hop in there, but I guess I cut it. The rock garden did not get captured. That was when I left the camera off. My bike has never been muddier either and it has been plenty muddy before. The helmet cam really flattens out hills, rocks, you name it. The logs I was getting stuck on look like sticks in the video. The single track was all over the place sharing some trails with quads and then breaking back off. VERY hard to follow. Hook up with Roald. I know I can't retrace what i did yesterday.
Those were some pretty tight trails you guys were riding. Can't believe that's all right there behind Martins.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #22252
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Looks like a great ride! Glad no one was hurt from that crash. Wow!
Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #22253
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
Just saw the vid whip. That looked like an old "A Team" bad guy crash.

If you gonna crash, crash like a boss !
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #22254
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:

I wouldn't have minded 16 minutes. Some of my videos are around 40 minutes long.. But the edit turned out really great I think. You did get a pretty big log hop in, but I was actually referring to those actual log jumps that I chickened out from and went around. Just got around to watching it in HD, and there were some really gorgeous moments in that footage, especially at the end there. It would be cool to pool all our notable footage from each year together into an hour and a half ride montage. People would love that shit.

I also have no idea where we were going or went either (hell I got turned around 50 feet from the exit when we were leaving), but there's not too many ways out and the trails are marked a little bit in places with arrows and stuff. You'd find your way out eventually because you're closed in by chippenham and powhite it seems like, and then you also have the tracks on the side. But I think I might throw a gps in a tank bag one day and have it trace my steps while I try to explore as much as I can.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #22255
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
VAC

This was my last hack. I had fun with them but they just aren't for me.
I always thought that was a cool looking rig.

Back to a couple of tire changes. I HATE tires, but they go with the territory. .....

Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #22256
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
I HATE tires, but they go with the territory. .....
Don't worry. In a couple of days you can have fun with a valve adjustment and plug change from hell. Then you'll look back on the tires with fond remembrance. LOL!

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #22257
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Don't worry. In a couple of days you can have fun with a valve adjustment and plug change from hell. Then you'll look back on the tires with fond remembrance. LOL!
Valves I'm not worried about. HOPEFULLY the special plug socket I got from Summit Racing will get a hold of those suckers and we can break them free.

We shall see.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #22258
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 914
Crash

DrWhipit .......
wow .... Im glad your ok. Nasty looking flip. Im glad you were not on the 800GS. Heal quickly.

Madstrom and I had a very nice ride yesterday with an overnight at Sherando Lake. First overnight (camping) of the season. I love camping.

Mark and I are heading out Wed for a long ride if anyone would like to go. Thinking about riding over to 211 and hitting some dirt and gravel.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #22259
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
I wouldn't have minded 16 minutes. Some of my videos are around 40 minutes long.. But the edit turned out really great I think. You did get a pretty big log hop in, but I was actually referring to those actual log jumps that I chickened out from and went around. Just got around to watching it in HD, and there were some really gorgeous moments in that footage, especially at the end there. It would be cool to pool all our notable footage from each year together into an hour and a half ride montage. People would love that shit.

I also have no idea where we were going or went either (hell I got turned around 50 feet from the exit when we were leaving), but there's not too many ways out and the trails are marked a little bit in places with arrows and stuff. You'd find your way out eventually because you're closed in by chippenham and powhite it seems like, and then you also have the tracks on the side. But I think I might throw a gps in a tank bag one day and have it trace my steps while I try to explore as much as I can.
I have produced videos that were too big for me to upload to Youtube and then had to do it again to make them small enough. Also, not many people would sit through a long video and they needed to stick around for the trail in the creek at the end. I was getting sea sick skimming and watching. It looks much cleaner at home. I guess it gets compressed and looses some resolution or frame rate.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #22260
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
So ah... Anyone wanna go back to the TG on Sunday? Who can make it out?