User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #586
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
OK.....here we go...god help me

No going back now. Pop the bearings out of the hub. Strip the paint off and pcoat hub and give lacing a whirl.... what's the worst that can happen.
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #587
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman View Post
OK.....here we go...god help me

what's the worst that can happen.

Yes, what could possibly go wrong

Good to see the project moving forward, which reminds me Ive been stalling on my latest.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #588
Packer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Wow actual pictures of WIP

Even if it is dismantling, progres is progress.

Hope life follows your plans.
Packer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #589
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Yep even going to pick up some paint stripper today and strip the hub down so I can get it either painted myself or powdercoated (if I can get the hookup on that I have vendors... )

Would much rather sandblast the hub...but seeing as I dont have a sandblaster... I guess chemical stripper it is.

As for life settling down...doubt it. Were starting on some long overdue repairs on our house. New roof and gutters. Just started painting bedrooms upstairs...the list is long..gotta start picking items off of it. But One can only paint so much...then Im going to try and make some BSA progress while we wait for paint to dry.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #590
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,373
glad to see it moving along. my trick for stripper is.... drop the part in a ziplock, pour in the stripper, zip it up & go do something else until it's ready. if too big for the bag, I coat the part & cover with clear plastic
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #591
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Shiney....a little more prep and its on to paint. Test fitted the spokes last night and it looks like it will lace up easy. Truing it up is another matter.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #592
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

And here we go

Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #593
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Well that was easy... now to true it

YZman screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 06:19 AM
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #594
Iron_HawK
Farkle Enthusiast

Oddometer: 52
Truly amazing build. Keep up the great work and glad you decided to do the bobber thing! I can't wait to see this bike going

Iron_HawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #595
LTW
n00b

Oddometer: 2
So, after spending the better part of my day reading and rereading this thread, I'm officially an addict. Even signed up to the site to comment. Thanks for the commitment to keeping the thread going. Like someone said about 20 pages back, too often do these things trail off or suddenly end.. And thanks to all the inmates trying to keep him on track!

All in all, it's been a great read.. I've really got stuck in, had a silent cheer about the new girlfriend and the house, was kind of gutted about Angel (sorry if I'm pouring salt on old wounds mate!) and found it really funny how impatient these addicts got when progress dried up.

But like I said- Now I'm one of these addicts! And I was gutted when I got to page 40 and realised there was nothing more!! So keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Inspired me to start my own project soon. Especially loved your revelation of it only being metal, and you can never really fuck up *all* that bad. I know a lot of nay-Sayers who love telling me I don't know enough about bikes to even bother trying, but then, how does anyone ever start learning?

Bought a "fully restored" '66 D7 last October, for an eye watering 1200 (for me at the time anyway!) A real show winner- literally (photos to follow) only thing is, I only got to ride it once and never could get it to start again (one expensive ride!) so the engine's currently in bits in my garage. It's been interesting because I own and ride bikes, but this is the first time I've attempted any real work on one. Kind of wish it was much more beat up so I could justify a chop..

Spending 3 months state-side this summer (I live in Wales, UK) but I plan on getting my hands on BSA #2 when I'm home. Will be nice to bid on eBay again, instead of just doing my daily browsing, followed by long sighs..

Got pretty carried away there, but I guess I must have got over excited while I was waiting to get through Fort Knox and register for this site!! Man you guys hate spammers!
LTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #596
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Thanks for the kind words LTw. Yea this bike project has gone on way too long. It is soooo fustrating. There just isnt enough time in the day anymore. Used to have time. Not so much anymore..

Take today for example... normal day. Get up at 6:30am shower and head off to work...only that never happened.

So lets backtrack a little. We are getting a new roof put on our house. As some of you know a house of 2400 sq ft does not come with a cheep roof. So we are getting roof on this week. Except yesterday the rains came before they finished. So they tarped it.

9pm last night and I hear a bang and they strap they used to tie the tarp down ripped out. So i pull the 3/4 ton truck out and massivly strap the tarp down to the truck. That aint moving.

This morning before the alarm goes off I feel a shake on my shoulder...Im thinking....Ohh yea.... I like were this is going....

um yea....not so much...I hear... somethin is wrong get up I think we have a leak...Um yea.....thats an understatement. Water coming into the house in 2 diff spots and the garage is leaking as well. Fuck fuck fuck... Call the roofer and he shows up and is REALLY pissed at what he sees from his guys work but quickly goes into damage control and we stop the leaks with minimal dryall damage except for the garage ceiling. Its screwed. Its just rough drwall. No mudd or paint so fairly easy to fix.

Then onto the next problem... the basement is flooding. I initialy didnt think it was that bad....but it wont fucking stop. Pull out the shop vac and start sucking up the water. Then pull out another shop vac....Then another...fuck...Fuck...FUCK...this isnt working. We quickly realize that the ground is so saturated...oh its been raining like mad today....that the house is "floating" and the outside pressure is so great its startin to "pop" chunks out of the foundation and water is poring in.....AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So as we fight to keep the basement dry...and it is staying pretty dry...we are winning that fight...I run outside to start trenching as we have two large water holes in the yard. I have to get them drained out back into the raviene/creek.. Oh yea.. the creek..thank god its 10ft lower than our house because its out of fucking control...trenching..yea.. have to try and get ahead of this shit and get the water away from the house.

My nefiew finially comes over and we have some help. Call the roofer and he sends two of his guys over and they help drain the yard...I can finially see we are getting ahead of this shit.

So fast forward... its now 1am... Ive been up since 6am pumping water out of my basement...did I mention the BSA is in the basement... luckly way high and dry on the bike stand....which is wet....the stand that is. My girlfriend went to bed so she can do the oh....3 till whenever shift as I aint going to make the entire night...But I did find some extra 2-liters of coke and I have whiskey... so who knows

Im sitting here with nothing to do for 3 minutes when the 6 gal craftsman wet/dry vac fills up and I have to dump into the garbage can and dump the garbage can down the drain out the back door....so Im thinking ... I have 3 minutes.... I should be truing that wheel...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #597
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oh and if you ever wondered what wet dry vac to buy.....Craftsman... no doubt about it... that little animal has been running non stop for 19 hours... I cant believe i havent burned that thing out yet... if it survives this mess Im going to retire it I think.....make it a shrine or something.

Oh and we had a tornado warning today as well....and high winds right now... I can hear that tarp tent up as the wind gets under it... sure hope it holds as I have my hands full with the basement.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #598
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

The "creek" behind my house

Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #599
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oh did I mention that It apears that our 3-1000 gallon septic tanks are full of water and the lift pump is trying to pump them into the drain field...which is totaly saturated... I can see it bubling up from the ground..more trenches...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #600
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Hey how do you like the truck tied to the house... we just bought that for a spare work truck. 01 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD extended cab 4x4 6.0l v8 for $3750. Cant beat that. Its a little rough but runs and drives.