Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #6541
Kleio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
You could use a Dremel tool. Just make sure you don't get any metal dust in the carb...i.e. make sure there's a fuel screw installed to keep the particles out. I put the new jets in two DR200s...one needed the tower ground down a little and on the other, the Kientech screw fit without any grinding. I think I actually just used a file to take down the one that needed it a little.
Thanks again. I feel more confident now. I'll try to install the jet kit this coming weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Regarding the exhaust, I've decided to wait until next winter when I can't ride to send the exhaust to Kientech for the mod. However, if I happen to see an FMF Q4 at a good price in the meantime, I'll get that instead.

Regards.
Kleio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #6542
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 96,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
Thanks again. I feel more confident now. I'll try to install the jet kit this coming weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Regarding the exhaust, I've decided to wait until next winter when I can't ride to send the exhaust to Kientech for the mod. However, if I happen to see an FMF Q4 at a good price in the meantime, I'll get that instead.

Regards.

Fiddling around with the jets like this really isn't difficult at all, but if you've never done it before, you'll have questions...don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: I should add that you'll be dealing with little springs and O-rings and so on. Make sure you're working in a well-lit place and you ought to lay down a clean sheet or something under the bike to catch dropped parts. In specific, I think I remember there's a tiny O-ring underneath the fuel screw that may or may not drop out when you remove the fuel screw. Then when you take off the fuel float, the fuel needle may drop off, etc. If I recall, the shaft that the fuel float hinges on is just a friction fit...you can very gently push or tap it out some way.

Klay screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 09:34 PM
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #6543
cidd
doppler shift

Oddometer: 40
hey guys some people have been having problems with water intrusion into the air box after the mod to it.If you take off your seat youll se why any water that lands on the gas tank will floe down it between the seat and tank and right on to the top of the airbox. Im trying to figure out a better way to open up the air box maybee taking it out and opening up the area were the exsisting holes are on the side ?? and then adding some type of deflextor plate to the water roll down over it wont get sucked into the air box ?? something to think about when you do your mod ??
cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #6544
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,973
Neutral Light Always On...

Is this like the bigger DRs in that this means there is a switch mounting screw loose inside the tranny waiting to cause death and destruction?

Or is it just a harmless annoyance where removing the bulb will make it good to go?

Thanks in advance.

OK, the switch is external, so I guess it can't hurt anything.
Is this common on the DR 200s?

tkent02 screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 12:50 PM
tkent02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #6545
miniroot
running in: please pass

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidd View Post
hey guys some people have been having problems with water intrusion into the air box after the mod to it.If you take off your seat youll se why any water that lands on the gas tank will floe down it between the seat and tank and right on to the top of the airbox. Im trying to figure out a better way to open up the air box maybee taking it out and opening up the area were the exsisting holes are on the side ?? and then adding some type of deflextor plate to the water roll down over it wont get sucked into the air box ?? something to think about when you do your mod ??
I used to stretch the foot of an old pair of pantyhose, sprayed with silicone, over the airbox lid, which seemed to do a fairly good job of keeping crap out of that hole. Nothing's going to stop a submerged airbox from filling up, but I've yet to fill enough of the airbox that it affected running, without actually submerging the bike; just riding in rain never proved a problem. Draining a bit of water out of the bottom of the airbox never worried me -- it's just one of those things to check when you're lubing the chain.
miniroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #6546
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Question RM125 spoke?

I bought a 94 DR200 that was missing one front spoke. To get a replacement I would have had to order a whole set. When talking to the parts man we came across a place where we could get individual RM125 spokes. For $3 I thought I'd give it a try. It looks about the right length but, before I pull the wheel off, remove the tire, tube and stuff, does anyone know if this will work?

Also, I changed the tube on the front wheel and must not have gotten the speedo set correctly since it has not worked since. Does anyone know do I just need to readjust at the hub or am I going to need a new speedo?

Thanks
Trans WI 2011 | UPAT BB Fall 2012 | UPAT BB June 2013
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #6547
Codyp1814
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaboo65 View Post
I bought a 94 DR200 that was missing one front spoke. To get a replacement I would have had to order a whole set. When talking to the parts man we came across a place where we could get individual RM125 spokes. For $3 I thought I'd give it a try. It looks about the right length but, before I pull the wheel off, remove the tire, tube and stuff, does anyone know if this will work?

Also, I changed the tube on the front wheel and must not have gotten the speedo set correctly since it has not worked since. Does anyone know do I just need to readjust at the hub or am I going to need a new speedo?

Thanks
I don't know about the spokes, but just make sure you have the speedo cable correctly on the wheel and that it is tight on the speedo.

2008 Kawasaki KLX140L
Codyp1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #6548
Motardo
Commuter

Oddometer: 5
Speedo not working

There is a ring with metal tabs that connects the speedo drive gear to the hub. It's pretty common for the tabs to get flattened if you put the wheel on without lining them up correctly. When the tabs are flattened, the speedo won't work. You should be able to take the front wheel off and straighten out those metal tabs to get the speedo working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaboo65 View Post

Thanks
Motardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #6549
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motardo View Post
There is a ring with metal tabs that connects the speedo drive gear to the hub. It's pretty common for the tabs to get flattened if you put the wheel on without lining them up correctly. When the tabs are flattened, the speedo won't work. You should be able to take the front wheel off and straighten out those metal tabs to get the speedo working again.
Thanks so much. I was in a rush when I put the wheel back on and thought I screwed something up. Rode down the road and it was confirmed. Glad I do not need a new cable.
Trans WI 2011 | UPAT BB Fall 2012 | UPAT BB June 2013
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #6550
coolpersob
n00b

Oddometer: 1
What Air filter are you guys running? Mine is old, and when i tried to remove it i rub a hole through it, about 1 cm by 1 cm. Now I need to order a new one. Would it be available at advance autoparts or something?
coolpersob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #6551
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpersob View Post
What Air filter are you guys running? Mine is old, and when i tried to remove it i rub a hole through it, about 1 cm by 1 cm. Now I need to order a new one. Would it be available at advance autoparts or something?
Nothing wrong with the OEM filter, just order one from your closest Suzuki dealer or online. You can buy an OEM or aftermarket UNI from BikeBandit
http://www.bikebandit.com/uni-multi-...filter?m=17387

No I have never seen any moto parts at advance auto etc.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #6552
davisdrafting
n00b

Oddometer: 9
DR200SE No battery no runny ?

MY battery went dead, coworker road it and put the key on park mode.

I put in on the charger to start it but when the charger was turned off the bike would stumble and die.

Shouldn't it be able to run without a battery?? push starting it

Thanks for any info or mods i can do to fix this problem.
davisdrafting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #6553
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 96,426
Sounds like the battery got damaged when it ran all the way down. Normally the bike should run when you push-start it, even on a flat battery.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #6554
ibhayirob
n00b

Oddometer: 3
nuuuuby

hi guys

im a new old 200 owner and posted my first to thumpers where the 200 guys wont see it

can i repeat it here

or is that bad behavior

rob
ibhayirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #6555
davisdrafting
n00b

Oddometer: 9
DR200SE No battery no runny ?

Could someone please start there bike and disconnect the battery and see if it does the same as mine?

The DR200 will idle "ok" when the battery is disconnected but a slight twist of the throttle it will studded and stumble like it's missing. Switching to hi-beam it makes a slight improvement which leads me to believe that the regulator isn't designed to work with out the battery so the ignitor (CDI) doesn't get 12 volts. The voltage dropped to 8 when disconnected.

So my possible solution I will be testing is (given this isn't just an issue with a faulty regulator) I believe a 15v capacitor across the regulator red and black/w wires will solve the issue. What do you think?
davisdrafting is offline   Reply With Quote