Old 04-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
QCRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
speeding tickets in CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRinCR View Post
Hello again folks!

Rides are on pause at this moment with the bike having gone in for some minor surgery:
Hey Greg,

How's the "surgery" going? When you're bike is back on its two wheels, we should set up a ride we talked about. I'm off to Nicaragua this weekend, but should be pretty much free on weekends except for the occasional rides.

Great RR you have by the way! I've riden quiet a bit in Nicoya, but still did not recognize some of the places you explored.

I just read your post on speeding tickets in CR, and thought I'd give you a quick anecdote that happened to me a few months ago. I don't mean to hijack your thread, so I'll make the story short. I left real early on a Friday morning to meet up with a friend at the Paso Canoas border. After about 2hrs of smooth sailing at ~100kmh, I got pulled over by a cop (my first time in CR). I had no idea what speed zone I was in, until the cop pointed to the school behind him. Yikes! According to new CR laws, it was going to be ~$400 ticket. I tried the "no fumar espanol" tactic to no avail. As I was resigning myself to the hefty fine, I noticed the cop was wearing motorrad boots despite the lack of a motorycle around, so I sparked a conversation about bikes. It happens that the cop was a motorrad, but had an accident and was off the fleet for a while. After telling me his story and showing me his scars, he let me walk away - sweet! But the funny thing is.. on the way back from the border 2 days later, guess who we ran into while riding over the speed limit (again)? Indeed - my new cop friend! I wasn't going to argue this time. He looked at me and recognized me after a second; he rolled his eyes, and said something like "vaya, pero mas despacio!". So my record is still clean to date in CR! haha. Enough hijacking now.

Look forward to go for a ride and a few cold cervezas when you're available. Send me a PM.
QCRider is offline   Reply With Quote