Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 695
we aren't getting the integra nc700, i assume?
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
I really don't think so but one never knows. I sat on one while on a trip to Europe in March. It's pretty awesome.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #18
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 5,011
I never understood why any bike needed a rear disc. I have never owned a bike, from 1500 Goldwing to a 50cc moped, that I could not easily lock the rear wheel on. I put several thousand miles on a 250 Rebel with NO rear brake, because I relocated the pegs and shifter 4" forward and never got around to rigging up a rear brake linkage. I finally forgot about it, and realized I didn't need it on such a small lightweight bike. I can see a rear disc on the Goldwing, with a passenger and a full load of luggage (which is what it was designed for) it would have quite a bit of weight on the rear wheel. Unfortunately, the Goldwing also had LINKED brakes, which I definitely consider unsafe.

I just found this on the local Craigslist. It is expensive, but is almost new, and is a Honda. It is also 153cc, which makes it freeway legal. I seriously doubt it would do 80 mph, my 250 Rebel would barely do that under the right conditions. I don't really like the look, I do like the flat floor. And Honda has a policy of supplying parts for at least 10 years after the date of manufacture. So I should be able to get any needed parts from online parts sources like bikebandit.com and cheapcycleparts.com.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/3748427083.html
1980 Puch moped

JerryH screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 06:31 PM
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
GREY.HOUND
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
I think they are giving us the CTX models instead. I think, based on pics that the integra has the same feet forward design. I might be wrong though. I personally would like the integra over either model ctx.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 695
jerry, i'm assuming yes given your extensive experience, but have you tried the sportcity 250? i've owned both the sh150i and the sc250, and the sc250 sits and rides very much like the sh150i, but with a lot more juice. they're both excellent rides, though. like you, i prefer the upright seating position. note, though, the sh150i has linked brakes, whereas the sc250 does not.
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,741
Jerry, there was an interesting ride report some time back where a guy took a long trip on an SH150i. He was preparing for the scooter cannonball or something like that. From what I remember, the Scooter performed very well and even did better than he expected on some stretches of interstate.

As for the brakes, as far as I know all recent model Honda scooters sold in the US have linked brakes.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,038
Hi Jerry,

Interesting find on that SH150i. I know the service interval was something you found objectionable on the PCX... I recall seeing the same service interval for the SH150i, as far as 2,500 miles for "inspection" (I can't say for certain that was for valves, though). Probably less body panels to have to remove, but it might be something you want to check into.

Here's a link from another forum where it is discussed...

http://www.burgmanusa.com/forums/vie...40610&start=50

http://www.shcooter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=385
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #23
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 5,011
Service interval is not an issue, access is. My Vino and Zuma have short valve check intervals, but it only takes a few minutes to check them, and a few more minutes to adjust them. But my Vino 125 went 20,000 miles before needing an adjustment.

I don not like linked brakes (it's a scooter not a car) but could probably live with them on a scooter. I lived with them on my '95 Goldwing, but had a few times where they were a bit scary, would have much rather had separate control of the brakes.

The SportCity 250 is definitely a scooter I would be interested in, but there are none available locally, and apparently it was discontinued a long time ago, at least for the U.S. I'm actually quite satisfied with my Zuma 125, other than the non freeway legal part. The SH150i must be some scooter to cost that much. They want more for that one used than I paid OTD for my 2012 Zuma 125 new.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
The SH150i must be some scooter to cost that much. .
The Italians buy more scooters than any other developed country and the SH models top the sales charts ahead of domestic products.... but then it is a domestic product. My Honda SH was designed and built in Italy.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote