to zee wife, zee motacycle ist like zee large orange erect penis

mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #47
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
I have entire 950 in parts, tell us what you need.

All couples have stories that are repeated, over and over (and over, and over....) You have the topper about her that will top anything you could do.

But, none of us know for sure this actually happened.
Res ipsa loquitur; its like a piano falling out of a third story window.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #48
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 673
I have a story about my first wife-
At the time, we lived across the street from a railway line, and the grade of the tracks was down about 20 feet from the curb. Our driveway was fairly steep, rising about 12 feet from the street to the garage at the side of the house.
I could never get her to set the parking brake in our 5-speed Civic, which at the time was just one of those minor annoyances that marriages have in abundance.
Well, I was working on one of my bikes in the garage, when I heard her drive up and park, just shy of the top of the driveway. Apparently, she hit the shifter with her purse as she got out the car and walked up to say Hi.
What I saw as I turned around was a quick glimpse of the grill of the Civic as it rolled over the far curb, heading down to the railroad tracks.
She just looked at me as I stared in shock past her, not sure if I really saw what I thought I saw.
Well, when I scrambled down to the tracks, I saw the rear bumper was pushed about a foot forward, but the car was more or less level enough to drive onto the grade, and down to the street crossing to get it back home.
After that, she ALWAYS used the parking brake!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #49
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Well done Grinderman. I keeping with this line of thinking, lets save the trip.

Woodchuck, if you can assess the damage, I bet we local 950 riders can get what you need to get you back on the road (short of a bent frame) in time for your Baja trip. Tell us what you need, let us help. I have an extra set of wheels I can loan...

Brent
Abso-effing-lutley! Dont cancel the trip,it was a subliminal power play running over your bike (too bad it wasnt a CB350) Show who's boss and put the trip back together,even if its on a 76 JC Penney moped.
Just go,its important!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #50
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
How come you wont post up some pics of the damage?

Sorry to hear this, very unfortunate, do what Ike Turner does
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
wanderlost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
sorry about the news

Sorry about your bike and I hope you can get it back in shape for taking the trip. Does it not seem ironic that this thread was in the orange CRUSH section?

Remember the big picture. Things can be replaced. Shit happens in a marriage but a good relationship will weather stuff and come out stronger in the end. Hopefully your wife is remorseful enough that she will gel come up with the cash to piece the bike back together.

Good luck,
Paul
wanderlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
How come you wont post up some pics of the damage?

Sorry to hear this, very unfortunate, do what Ike Turner does

"If she'd only LISTEN to me, I wouldn't have to do this!"
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlost View Post
Sorry about your bike and I hope you can get it back in shape for taking the trip. Does it not seem ironic that this thread was in the orange CRUSH section?

Remember the big picture. Things can be replaced. Shit happens in a marriage but a good relationship will weather stuff and come out stronger in the end. Hopefully your wife is remorseful enough that she will gel come up with the cash to piece the bike back together.

Good luck,
Paul
wanderlost is on the right track here.

Warning, religious based advice coming...

Use this opportunity to strengthen your marriage. As the head of household, you are responsible for everything your family does, even if it isn't your "fault".

Tell your wife it was your fault, because of where the bike was parked.
Tell her you love her dearly, and she is far more valuable than any material possession.
Tell her not to worry, that the bike is repairable/replaceable.

She will be so amazed that she will work hard to avoid future screw-ups that could fall upon your shoulders. She probably won't even question any future mods to your bike.

This whole arrangement was modeled for us by Jesus in the New Testament of the Bible, and is the basis for all Christianity. I have done my best to react this way for the last 15 years, and my marriage is the strongest one I know of.

Wife: "I crashed the car/ blew up the transmission drag racing/ scratched your bike."
Me: "Meh. Wanna go out to dinner?"
Wife: "Sure. You wanna blow job when we get back?"
Me: "Sure, right after I give you a back rub."

Get the idea?
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #54
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
That sucks. Show your insurance all your bills for your new parts, they oughta be worth something extra.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #55
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,471
Shit happens , torkwife was showing off her new f650gs single and dropped it on my r1150gs left a small scratch in tank .
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #56
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
This whole arrangement was modeled for us by Jesus in the New Testament of the Bible, and is the basis for all Christianity.

Wife: "I crashed the car/ blew up the transmission drag racing/ scratched your bike."
Wow. That Jesus was a pretty cool dude. I don't remember anything like this in the bible I studied.

Must have been that Mary Magdelene....

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #57
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
Wow. That Jesus was a pretty cool dude. I don't remember anything like this in the bible I studied.

Must have been that Mary Magdelene....
Well, he wasn't married, so he missed out on that part...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,679
Quote:
Well, he wasn't married, so he missed out on that part...
Or so we assume.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #59
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
wanderlost is on the right track here.

Warning, religious based advice coming...

Use this opportunity to strengthen your marriage. As the head of household, you are responsible for everything your family does, even if it isn't your "fault".

Tell your wife it was your fault, because of where the bike was parked.
Tell her you love her dearly, and she is far more valuable than any material possession.
Tell her not to worry, that the bike is repairable/replaceable.

She will be so amazed that she will work hard to avoid future screw-ups that could fall upon your shoulders. She probably won't even question any future mods to your bike.

This whole arrangement was modeled for us by Jesus in the New Testament of the Bible, and is the basis for all Christianity. I have done my best to react this way for the last 15 years, and my marriage is the strongest one I know of.

Get the idea?
So you have to wait for a screwup, that affects you dearly by the way, to get affection? Let's turn things around and screw something up she can/wil get furious about. Does she take u out to dinner and let u give her head after u got back? My bet is she would not tell u how valeuble you are and you'd have picture without sound for atleast a week.

9/10 Anything with pants off is out of the question for weeks as a man has to dig deep and try to make it up again.

Wiggeling her tits and making me ride a baja1000 in bed wouldn't make up for the wrecked bike.
Only thing that would make up for it is leaving me alone while i try to fix the mess she made, and let me farkle like mad.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R

Katoom72 screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 03:31 PM
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #60
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
So you have to wait for a screwup, that affects you dearly by the way, to get affection? Let's turn things around and screw something up she can/wil get furious about. Does she take u out to dinner and let u give her head after u got back? My bet is she would not tell u how valeuble you are and you'd have picture without sound for atleast a week.

9/10 Anything with pants off is out of the question for weeks as a man has to dig deep and try to make it up again.

Wiggeling her tits and making me ride a baja1000 in bed wouldn't make up for the wrecked bike.
Only thing that would make up for it is leaving me alone while i try to fix the mess she made, and let me farkle like mad.
A human reaction, but a vicious circle. She isn't the head of household, so it isn't her job to take responsibility.

I never said it was easy, just incredibly rewarding. Once the "loving circle" is in full swing, affection is never more than an arms length away.