Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #15526
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo View Post
seat concepts will also do the work for you if you don't want to do it, i think it's an extra $20.
Yes, but they still use your original seat pan.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #15527
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Saw that a couple of days ago. That is NOT an Ohlins shock. The jack ass of a seller is trying to fool you. That is the worse shock made for the our bikes. 96+ SE. You might already have an upgraded dirt shock seeing how the PO of your bike seem to have upgraded alot of stuff.

I was very confused about all the different shocks that came stock on the DR350. After I did some learning I wrote this:
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums...?topic=85682.0

Read it all, as the first few post of mine was part of the learning curve.
thanks for the heads up!

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #15528
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Cobin aint worth the money in my opinion..

Not sure if i ever posted a picture of my seat i made? Im still young, but i have a problem with my tailbone going numb, and my "BAG" gettin sore or numb if i ride all day long. Probably from crashign quads when i was younger...but who knows. Anyhow, what i did was i cut a 1" gap in the seat from front, to back..making a trough for my "areas" to kinda ride over top of.. This made a WORLD of difference for me. I to tried the corbin, and did not care for it AT ALL! as the others stated, it interfered with my offroad riding, and was SUPER uncomfortable with a passenger on the back. Also, i found it just plain felt funny... My petite little flat man bum sat within the contors of the seat, and just plain SUCKED for me. haha. but yah, about my seat..i tried it on a "junk" seat that came with the bike, and then tore apart GOOD ONE to modify the foam...this year i will have the seat cover put back on and it'll look just fine! (tried numerous methods of stappling, with multiple types of guns and staples, but still no dice...mine must be made outta something strange? haha. anyhow, good luck with the seat deal man!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #15529
Spad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
(tried numerous methods of stappling, with multiple types of guns and staples, but still no dice...mine must be made outta something strange? haha. anyhow, good luck with the seat deal man!
Try a pneumatic upholstery stapler if you can get your hands on one (like a hand staple gun but runs off a compressor). They'll drive into much harder materials than a hand or electric stapler and may go into seat pan plastic. Senco makes good ones, others make ones that use Senco staples.

- Spad
99 DR350SE
Spad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #15530
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
I have SweetCheeks on my DR with an Alaskan Sheepskin on top and it has made an amazing difference for very little money. I can't say enough good things about the sweet cheeks. Plus it gives me an easy way to carry the water I need when out in the dessert. I have absolutely no connection with the seller, I'm just a happy customer. I've done two week long rides with close to 1,800 miles each week and could never have done it without the sweet cheeks.

http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks

You just have to laugh at his lawyer inspired "not for use on a moving vehicle" line.

Tim
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #15531
smc5735
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I have a Guts Racing Gripper seat cover on my 97SE. I have to say, getting rid of the old yellow/purple cover and getting the gripper made a huge difference in comfort and look.

I was surprised to see that it made it more comfortable for me, still the stock foam.

My only complaint was Guts Racing's customer service, it sucked and the shipping was very long with no tracking number.. Maybe I was an exception..

I'll post pictures soon for those who want to see
smc5735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #15532
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc5735 View Post
I have a Guts Racing Gripper seat cover on my 97SE. I have to say, getting rid of the old yellow/purple cover and getting the gripper made a huge difference in comfort and look.

I was surprised to see that it made it more comfortable for me, still the stock foam.

My only complaint was Guts Racing's customer service, it sucked and the shipping was very long with no tracking number.. Maybe I was an exception..

I'll post pictures soon for those who want to see

i'd like to see a picture, i'm considering Guts since they have a tall foam option.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #15533
boardforever
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
+1 on the seat concepts, did it myself, first time I have ever recovered a seat and I think it turned out well. I think it is more comfortable and a little taller than a stock seat.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #15534
smc5735
Adventurer

Old 04-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #15535
smc5735
Adventurer

Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #15536
DisTech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
+1 on Guts. It's in my build, sorry at the bar.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #15537
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Summer means it's time for a bit more street riding, took off the knobbies and installed a Maier rear fender tonight.

Untitled by tntmo2, on Flickr
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #15538
markk900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
@tntmo: do you have a second set of wheels or do you swap tires on the same rims....I started looking for another set of wheels but they are $$$
markk900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #15539
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
@tntmo: do you have a second set of wheels or do you swap tires on the same rims....I started looking for another set of wheels but they are $$$
I have three sets of wheels. Fronts are easy to get, rear wheels not so much but several different rear wheels will work with the right spacers.

I know the DRZ250 rear works. I've heard the DR650 will work, it's a 17" rim. Probably DRZ400 works, and maybe older RMX/RM wheels work but the RM is 19".

Anyone confirm any of them? I had a DRZ250, so know that one for sure.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #15540
thump!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
I have three sets of wheels. Fronts are easy to get, rear wheels not so much but several different rear wheels will work with the right spacers.

I know the DRZ250 rear works. I've heard the DR650 will work, it's a 17" rim. Probably DRZ400 works, and maybe older RMX/RM wheels work but the RM is 19".

Anyone confirm any of them? I had a DRZ250, so know that one for sure.
I use a DR350 wheel on my DR650. I'm pretty sure it will work the other way too. The 350 and 650 have different brake rotors and as you have noted, the 650 wheel is a 17".
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote