Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
B-T OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I finished this other ride about two years ago. It took too much effort and I am not up for that much aggravation again! It was cool though, the frame and design was also by the same guy I got the trike project from. It was using a Porsche 914 motor and trans, Pontiac Solstice suspension (like a shrunk down version of the C6 Vette stuff). It was quite the project!

:)
BT

B-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,464
How about some pics of the rear of that cool 3-wheeler?

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #18
B-T OP
Adventurer

This is the design drawing for what it is supposed to look like from the side.

Here is the back swingarm:

Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
Qwik
Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer: 6,025
You are going to have as much or more work and half the quality if you do the bandit setup. Better off selling it and getting one thats closer to finished. Dont chop that beautiful beast up.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
XL-erate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Just wrote a long reply because Page 2 didn't display last time I looked! Never saw those pics. So I'm editing out all the suggestions I had as you've already been there and done that. Sure hope the ride gets to where it can be completed. Very nice on the other one.

XL-erate screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 04:16 PM
XL-erate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #21
B-T OP
Adventurer

Cry Going to sell it.

So I think my heart is just not really into this project. I'm kind of ADHD when it comes to vehicles. I am looking to sell the trike project (and the Bandit) seperately and I am just going to get a pair of smallish trail bikes (like the XT250). I just don't have the space to finish the trike project, and you guys convinced me not to hack it up. If you want to see more pics of the trike fabrication start here:
http://s186.photobucket.com/user/poo...87267359036628
If anyone wants the project shoot me an offer, I can tell you it will certainly be one of a kind when it is on the road! I have about $14k in it, but I would probably sell it for half that in this moment of weakness. My guess is about $3-5k in parts and materials to get the project completed. I will probably put it on Ebay in a week or so if nobody wants it here. The trike is located in Canton, GA.
My email is billtracy4_at_comcast_dot_net.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,338
Find an auto X forum and that'll sell fast !
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,682
Looks a lot like a T-Rex. They used to use R1 engines but now it looks like they've gone to a Kawa 1400. They are based in Montreal and I've seen a number of them over the years

http://www.campagnamotors.com/

Check the prices, (checked the website and didn't see any prices but they are over $50k, yours is a bargain, wish I had fabbing skills
Old 04-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,013
I've been to the builder's shop. Danny or "Pook" as he goes by on the locost forum is supremely talented in design and consturuction .
The day I was there he had a Lamborgini, a Maserati ,a couple of Porshe and Factory 4 kit car he was building for someone as well as a couple of his own design exo-skeleton cars.
The work on his own chassis was far better than the Factory 4 car, better even than the Italian cars.
Here are the exo- skeleton cars.

Both of these are slated to be Subaru powered.
I hope someone finishes the trike, it's one of a kind and special because of it. I wish I had the $ and a place to work on it.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #25
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm Dandy View Post
this may or may not be a longshot, but the first person i would contact is Claude.. he builds some FINE hacks and used to be a sprint car builder/driver.. not to mention a great guy and very informative
For what it's worht here ar emy thoughts. You hav ea nice chassis there. It has worth to it and you have invested money in it. Keep as is and either plan on selling it or doing it up right in the futire. If you want to bring it here we can use it for patterns to fab new parts for your reverse trike. Possibly downsizing some while keeping the same geometry profile. Just a thought that may be worthy of discussion. Feel free to call me at the shop 570 837 5120.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #26
B-T OP
Adventurer

Yes, I am going to clean up the chassis and start the final assembly. I am not going to hack up the chassis and try to stuff the Bandit in there. I doubt I will finish the project, but by the time I fully give up (maybe mid summer?), it will look like much more of a finished product and I will just probably Ebay it to see what I might get dollar wise. Some things have come up in the last month or so that have led me to belive I won't finish this due to dollar constraints, so I will do what I can and see what happens!

Pook is indeed very talented, and a really nice guy to boot. It is unfortunate that the market doesn't really exist for what he can do.

:)
BT
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeouttaglass View Post
I have to agree. Please don't chop up that beautiful chassis.
It's rolling art, if you can't or won't, please sell it. It's sexy as hell!
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #28
B-T OP
Adventurer

It is going to be sold...

So, I have taken the build as far as I am going to. I have sandblasted the frame and had it epoxy painted in flat black, installed new shocks all around, got a nice seat for the bike, and assembled the suspension, steering, pedals, engine mounted, shifter linkages, etc... to make sure everything fits. I thought I would post it up here prior to listing it on Ebay. I have a bit over $15k in it at this point, and will let it go as is for $5k. If you are interested let me know in the next 5 days or so. After that I am going to Ebay it. 770-364-1554. It would be a great spring project for someone, just not me...

BT
Old 04-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #29
jphii
OK, now what?

Oddometer: 1,646
Any current pics, and where are you located?

jphii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #30
B-T OP
Adventurer

Thanks for your interest. I am in Canton, GA, about an hour north of Atlanta. I will take some current pictures this afternoon and post them up.

BT