Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Looks like that MM is named "Grit Road" - sounds appropriate
mikejjmay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #107
mikejjmay
Gnarly Adventurer

bet you and justin are lovin this snow, how many inches you got down in Rochester dave?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #108
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,528
Mike
We haven't had any that lasted,it rained and rained and rained some more this is really depressing.If summer gets here I can show you most of the interesting stuff this side of the river easily WI on the other hand has tons more.DB
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #109
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Flood Run (dude run)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! Flood run http://www.floodrun.net/ is a spring right in MN,WI Mississippi river valley, nice weather brings huge turn out it was 40 and sunny but 14 days of the first 21 in April it has rained or snowed.I wasn't going to participate but it was sunny.

One of my favorite Rustic Roads near Maiden Rock WI closed 8" of slush on it and since I'd already got away with some risky behavior I stayed off it.

Fairwater Rd near Elba MN in the White water wildlife area some of my earlier posts show snowmobiles going up it.

Two tracks here there was only one sometimes Conti winter on back worked really well.

Risky behavior , we crossed this 4-6" of water running over spillway, no problem but panicked a little and went to fast bow wave of sidecar got passengers wet causing need to take a break for coffee soon.

Maple sap collection from lots of trees, the syrup folks got nothing last year as April was very warm, hopefully they will have a better year as its 37 and snowing today.

Flood run was a bust maybe 5% turn out, we started late got to Buck's Bar in Minnieska about 2pm there should have been hundreds there 20 bikes, there was way more Pelicans floating on the river there than bikers.

My Karma seems to have turned bad my final drive was dripping a bit when parked in garage hmmmm I just changed gearlube (600 miles on new install and engine top end, check head torque and valves) and it wasn't dripping before gotta change again and see if breather is possibly plugged as its not leaking when moving.Apparently giving Drone a hard time has caused my Karma to run over my dogma LOL.DB

davebig screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 05:35 PM
davebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #110
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Voodoo

My Karma seems to continue to be problematic or perhaps Drone has a voodoo doll and it sticking pins in me please stop I'll try and be a better person.
It continues to rain and snow here 75 miles northeast they had 5" on the ground again this morning, one more storm tonight possible and hell it even hit 45f today.
My 33/11 final drive that's in my rig took to dripping a bit after a gear lube change, I changed again another smaller spot, pulled wheel off and found a flake of something in the seal (metal scale off crown gear) cleaned that up I hope the seals not damaged.
I never have been happy with idle quality though it's getting better as engine loosens up (6-700 miles) decided I'd go back to Bosch twin ground plugs in lower position from Champions conventional, found a loose plug wire, things are better. Yes I do run a conventional in the center position.
One bit of positive news I sold the 32/11 I've had on fleabay for too long, I bought another alleged rs abs drive from a junker it looked like hell had more grease on outside he took a low offer I was just going to grab the backing plate and weld abs hole closed for 34/11 no abs conversion for rig, but its a tight unit 32/11 from an rt and later model one it had torx head bolt in abs sensor, I believe I'll keep it for further speculation. DB
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #111
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,374
What are you gonna do with a 32/11?

And if all you want is a crappy one to cannibalize the backing plate, there's one on there now for $99.

And the weather here has been fantastic!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #112
hdgypsyman
Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Flood Run

I too made it on the Flood Run.
22 degrees when I left Saint James on two wheels, but it turned into a beautiful day. I didn't see you at Buck's Bar (I was there about 4:00)

I had to prove to my riding buddies that backed out that I was there:

I stayed overnight in Winona and the next day I rode home in this:

The KTM was a good choice for the way the roads were on Sunday......
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #113
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

I was at Bucks about 2 there wasn't much going on about the same number of bikes you saw, we then headed up WI side checked the Rustic Road near Maiden Rock, coffee shop in Pepin closed, and ended up eating at Whistlestop at least the sun was out is all I can say.I think I met you in Pepin a couple years ago at that shop, you must be the shoe merchant.DB
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #114
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
What are you gonna do with a 32/11?

And if all you want is a crappy one to cannibalize the backing plate, there's one on there now for $99.

And the weather here has been fantastic!
I started out with a 32/11 its handier than a 31, I wonder what your thinking about your 34/11 ? With the 33 I wish low was lower but high could be higher but I really won't know till I get some miles on and possibly deal with my overly lean fuel map I put my name on list for one of inmate Poolsides resistors to fool the fuel injection but I think I'm going to have to get a tweaker such as the Techlusions beemerboneyards carrying, I have experience with these and they work.

Trying for a short explanation bike has been on dyno 75 k miles back, air fuel ratio,graph was perfect and bike always ran well.Engine now has road bike pistons 11/1 vs 10.3/1 and is very tight cylinders re-coated and honed to .0015 fit will take some break in time, plugs look lean but not dangerous. All I need is some suitable weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #115
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Bad Karma

Oh whoa is me Drone's curse has left my mojo struggling,I'm getting a teaspoons worth of gearlube under the final drive overnite, I don't want to learn to change that seal right now and I'm running short of shade tree mechanic tricks,if there is a spot in the morning she's going to get mostly Lucas oil fortifier and see what happens.DB
Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #116
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Goodbye Easy Street !

Well I've been looking for it all my life finally found it but it's called Slab Rd on my gps but I think the locals had their way with the county board.
Warned by parents, clergy and lots of people to avoid it so it must be interesting !

It always appears to drop into a hole in the earth here.

Less easy right along

Somenoe with a chain saw had been down earlier and gotten some big ones out of the way.

The end of Easy St, Justin surveying the damage.

Who figures such things out, from a park above Rushford MN

It is a knarly old Oak.
Been out everyday 1500 miles on new top end, everything's better really tight still hardly used any oil I have not added a drop the tech did a good job. I got 31mpg today with a passenger and allot of wind on the way home.DB
Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #117
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,374
Yes, but what about that puddle under the FD--nothing?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #118
mikejjmay
Gnarly Adventurer

yet another one of your routes on my list to check out. Looks like a good ride
Old 04-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #119
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Yes, but what about that puddle under the FD--nothing?
So far , I drained it and let it sit for a bit filled it with half Lucas oil stabilizer and my regular 90w Schaeffers , Lucas is just a tackifier I think it makes oil stickier it's giving me just a few drips seemingly decreasing if it quits its fine I'll wait a couple days and change it again. But I checked it this AM and it was slightly overfull after I had thought I had it just full will investigate more tomorrow.I have a old Brembo Caliper from a K1100 coming it was really cheap on fleabay if it looks like it will fit on the 34/11 I'll probably try that.DB
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #120
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Out damned spot !

Ahhhh final drive continues to baffle me put high tackifier semi synthetic Schaeffers 80-90 I've never been a huge fan of it but its sticky as hell.Rode it 60 miles and had dinner it left a spot and bottom was wet. I was pissed wiped it off and pounded snot out of it in head wind on way home held wide open it wouldn't pull 80 in 6th lots of wind.Got home it didn't drip bottom was dry it was full also,changed back to straight 90 degreased will see what happens tomorrow. Averaged 31 mpg again and managed my way thru some real ugly ruts on a sandy not maintained road.DB