ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.62%
Nasty? 28 13.15%
Nasty but nice? 156 73.24%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #3991
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
As you prove otherwise every day.

Ah, but I think we can agree that's because I am quite firmly stuck in the little that is in between, just sitting here waiting Sooner or later it's got to be Lottery or Lobotomy. My bet is on the latter, even if it were delivered via a handy head injury...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #3992
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,644
Very cryptic.

Lornce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #3993
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #3994
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I can't help but think I need to dig out my starter & starter ring & give it a bit of lubricative attention, as well as the starter ring...

http://penforhire.wordpress.com/cate...irhead/page/2/

I also need to empty the tank & check the internal filter stacks. I don't have filters in the carb pipes, but the pet-tap-cocks have filters in the bottom of them. I can't recall what I did with the stacks. I think they're in there & in reasonable condition, but they could do with a check & a clean...

All depends on the weather tomorrow/today by now.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #3995
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDz_gRTkOM8
Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #3996
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

With ref to a point to be made in a later post when I have daubed it together...

(C) originator

(C) originator

(C) originator

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 03:04 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #3997
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Pinned here for similar purposes...

(C) originator

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 03:04 AM
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #3998
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

And once more...

Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #3999
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 944
Top Co-Driver

rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #4000
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Here in the delightful local province of which I am often wont to refer to as Fuckingemshite, today we have all the fun & honour that is elections for the Cunty Cuncil. Something in the region of 47 odd* Cuncillors try to exert some form of rule over a gross annual budget in the region of £849 million and if my past researches in the name of a funding application fall back into my mind with any form & accuracy they cover an area of around 640 square miles. There are 14,000 staff and a resiential population of around 505,000. Recent rezoning of electoral boundaries has reduced the number of Cuncillors from something around 57, so on this occasion of ceremonial X giving new lumps of this dump of a town & its environs have been clumped together into new wards, meaning there’s the vague theoretical potential for new outcomes to arise, rather than the same old asses in the same old seats. There will not be a change in the quality of asses involved, but there is a very slightly increased potential for the faces connected to those asses to be very slightly different, tho/ough probably not.

Somewhere amongst the usual conglomerates of well-meaning and/or comparatively twisted inbreds a new party is fielding a number of candidates across the area, some of whom have been out busily promoting their attempts to sort local ‘Grot Spots’ and hoisting purple banners to let us know who dunnit. I don’t have knowledge of their specific policies, as is the same with all the other parties/independent candidates, for I am no lover of wading thru/ough any mass of slightly variant flavoured blancmanges with the occasional chilli thrown in. But some find themselves able to describe this parties identity as a mixture of Cuntryside Alliance Plus with EDL Lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post

(C) originator
The leader of UKIP in a previous election stunt...

Quote:
I take no solace from any candidates standpoints. No. My personal preference would be for the provision of a ‘No Control’ option, whereby all eligable voters were bound by an Australian stylee legal obligation to cast a vote, but there should be a 'No Control' option, what I might most easily describe as a ‘None of the Above’ box. Where this option were selected a concomitant percentage of posts on any Cuncil formed by the election would remain empty, and a comparable percentage of decisions under the purview of the elected authority would be disbarred from being made. Ok, so I’m forming this ‘Federation Of Indecision’ off the top of my head so it’s got self-evident holes in it, but then it seems that most individuals standing for election (or parties they are allied to) go thru/ough the same unrigorous level of policy making anyway? So, let’s pretend that as a political system it’s a goer, how might it effect this never changing world in which we live in? At the very least the reduction of political interference with random events may lead to some things ending up better delivered without the meddling - a natural average of unfettered random outcomes may trump currently 'organised' methods.

Now, as an aside both PJCR14-18war and myself have spent lots of hours taking apart/prodding ’69 to '86 airheads whilst mulling over matters of an apolitical political nature, oft referring to the document ‘The Ancient Hippies Guide to Being Alive’ (Introduction by SERGE le BLANC, that sage who Pjcr100milliondeadinacenturyofmechanisedwarfare knows far better than I**), and I guess that to sum up a flavour of our general conclusions in a bitesize-newschunkification it might be easiest to conclude that were voting in the current depiction of political optionage to have the potential to bring about any real change then it would quite patently be made instantly illegal. 'They' mostly act to stop things happening, and whatever good that comes off is usually something that has fallen thru/ough the gaps between the blockages so removal of their disalowance from intervention or involvement may indeed lead to an improved state of affairs.

Pjcr 47nil and I have both operated in a number of settings working for elected authorities, and tho/ough I suspect I may speak for shared minds, I for one am quite clear that even beyond the ‘Xfiles-style-smoky-room-cabals-that-really-run-things’ sort of end of things, any snippets of ‘power’ there might be left amongst the general incompetence that we see as 'The Administration' resides with The Officers. They, as has been the case for eons immeasurable, are the self interested gate-keepers over the wielding of the remnants of that illusion of the loose-end of the miniature leftovers of ‘power or influence’, that little which has not already been wrestled from us, or given away thru/ough ignorance & innocence.

I have before referred to the writings of Ibn Khaldun – sometimes seen as a sort of 14th Century precursor of the 16th Century Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli & known particularly for the Muqaddimah (often titled Prolegomena in English and shown here) - a prototypical variant of Il Principe. These and other olden sources you’ll have to dig out from the mud of His-tory*** for your own damn self can perhaps be read to show that since the inauguration of The Civil Service in pre Zoroastrian times, then we The Peeple have had precious little to say in the way things are**** Diversity of gender & race may now have made the false impression of a showing amongst our elected representatives & their functionaries, but whatever the ethnic or cultural background of the Modern Administrative Hierarchy there can be no diversity of thought - Come from whichever turgid gene pool, be built of whichever grand cultural background that nurtured/neutered you: One must be the same as them & theirs or the glass ceiling of Uniformity Of Thought resolutely bars your way. And so they the Administrators of our slavery, in my experience, are predominantly motivated by their realisation that if they don’t rape the accounts, mishandle the kids***** or deviate from written policy they are pretty much irremovable. They come to an understanding that if they appear to achieve one or two unscandalous things a year, and be sure to keep their heads beneath the parapet then they’re untouchable. Local Authorities & their inhabitants have a very clear understanding of the Second Chinese Curse, which I understand to be ‘May you not come to the attention of those in authority’****** Increasingly we see Cuncils ceasing to be direct service providers and a substantial increase in Cuncil officers on £100k+ managing external contractors in the delivery of services. There's lots of money to be made and when something goes wrong it's nobodies fault in Cunty Hall, no heads roll, and everyone keeps their final salary pension or Members Expenses. Arms length accountability, and the constant erosion of the rights ramblingly referred to in Post 3986.

If one were to accept the ‘Rift Valley Exodus’ proposition, then Humanzee history has been little but an endless chain of ‘These people hereabout are cunts, let’s fuck off over that hill’ events until these new burgeoning societies had nowhere left to escape but to the frozen tundra (see vid explaining tundra below), and these remote movers who repeated the 'over that hill' thing above until they had nowhere to be but the ice & snow were prepared to absorb the privations of these lands just to get away from those other fukkas. You've got to have some respect for that level of dedication to escape ones fellow (twatty) man, but now there is nowhere left to go.

I've previously touched on outer space, and the reported ticket price of the planned outcomes of the recent Virgin Galactic test flight seem to confirm that it's out of reach of my sorry pocket and will remain so for some centuries to come. Unless one of you would like or knows someone who would like to adopt me or write me off as a tax loss?

One can talk of the idea of emigrating into inner space, one can seek the internal ascetic life, but tainted as we are by the social programming of our upbringing & education can we really ever be free of their version of the world? In conclusion I have no answers. I never promised any. I’m sold as seen. But I could maybe put forward my own observation on myself, that reading/knowing lots doesn’t really mean knowing what any of it means, for as I recently heard******* ‘The Barking don’t know how little they know, While the half-bright know enough to think that they know a lot, but don’t enough to know what part of what they know is actually worth knowing’. Or if that is too much of a conceit for your taste, think of it this way - I can only say that we don’t need to check a weathervane, we both know what tomorrow brings.

In actual conclusion, in the words of the Ancient Hippy – ‘…the single most important point I want to get across is that, to all intents and purposes, the world is fucked. Yes, that’s right fucked’

* Having worked for the Cunty Cuncil, and had the dubious pleasure of being 2004 Employee of the year I've met most of the previous incumbents, and I can tell you 'odd' is indeed the word.
See pics at bottom of me getting awarded, me the Saturday after, and me now...
** I was sad to note that the writing in question seems to be no longer hosted at it’s previous net abode. Whilst this is the prerogative of the publisher I would hope that copies were made available thru/ough another source, may I suggest one to one retail arrangements at £247.28 per copy (+VAT & other regional taxes). ‘Carriage’ charges should be hefty however, as I would recommend a £752.72 charge for personal collection. No delivery option should be available.
*** © Gil Scott Heron

**** If indeed we ever did before civilisation enslaved us?
***** Not even in the ‘70s.
****** Ref @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you...eresting_times
******* http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0412-2100a.mp3 Rightclick save as or if that’s region restricted try ‘Science, Magic & Madness’ 12th April @ http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/pov/rss.xml

Ref * above
Quote:

(C) originator

(C) originator

(C) originator

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 03:43 PM Reason: Changes, just a few... And then some more
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #4001
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

My favourite 4 wheeled BMW to run again...

http://www.favcars.com/pictures-brab...1983-43238.htm

http://www.automotive-art.com/product.asp?id=TC0003 (C)

'The Brabham has been completely restored and is now owned by BMW. It will be run on different occasions this year as part of BMW’s celebrations of the 30th anniversary of Piquet’s title.'
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #4002
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
Cheapy cheap & slow SIM Dongle bandwidth throttle precludes viewing till after midnight, but I'll give it a gander later
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #4003
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Stuff
Sometimes I go back & change things...
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #4004
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNYaDymh-WQ
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #4005
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Stuff
Or perhaps to paraphrase for the hard of reading - Think of the Eels as society, and you as you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwcF6ea2PMQ