ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #58876
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 502

Thought some of you all would like this.
Don't know whose bike this is, someone on day shift at work. The cases and bike rack are all home built. The guy rides to work in all sorts of weather.
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #58877
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,202
Meef could run the plate for you and find out who he is...lol
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #58878
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Thought some of you all would like this.
Don't know whose bike this is, someone on day shift at work. The cases and bike rack are all home built. The guy rides to work in all sorts of weather.
Is there any real advantage to beveling that outside bottom side? Can anyone get that low in a lean?

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #58879
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Is there any real advantage to beveling that outside bottom side? Can anyone get that low in a lean?
You don't want them to hit before your peg does. Your peg isn't fixed and will warn you that you're about to low side.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #58880
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Bump for riding Perry SF/Wayne NF/Tar Hollow/or off-road somewhere else this weekend?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #58881
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Does seem like giving up usable space. Jesse bags are made like that too
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #58882
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Bump for riding Perry SF/Wayne NF/Tar Hollow/or off-road somewhere else this weekend?
I may be interested but with a caveat; I'm a total noob riding a new to me DR350 that is currently shod with Kenda 761's.

I have ZERO trail riding time unless you count the time when I was 12 riding around the family farm on a Gemini 80.

So depending on what type of riding and what time you wanted to get going AND you don't mind me tagging along I may be able to meet up.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #58883
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
I may be interested but with a caveat; I'm a total noob riding a new to me DR350 that is currently shod with Kenda 761's.

I have ZERO trail riding time unless you count the time when I was 12 riding around the family farm on a Gemini 80.

So depending on what type of riding and what time you wanted to get going AND you don't mind me tagging along I may be able to meet up.
Well, I've never been to Wayne before but I think it's all double track ATV trails. So probably pretty easy except for the muddy areas. You have to have a pa$$ though.

Perry is pretty advanced if you get on the single track stuff or off the main trails. Trails are everywhere and I get lost as soon as I leave the parking area. :( So we'll need a guide for that. Perry is free.

Tar Hollow is pretty easy for the most part. The problem I have is not knowing where all the trails are. The few times I've been there I've just followed someone else and not really paid attention to where we were going. I've been trying to put together a route but haven't come up with a good one yet. TH is also free.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #58884
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Well, I've never been to Wayne before but I think it's all double track ATV trails. So probably pretty easy except for the muddy areas. You have to have a pa$$ though.

Perry is pretty advanced if you get on the single track stuff or off the main trails. Trails are everywhere and I get lost as soon as I leave the parking area. :( So we'll need a guide for that. Perry is free.

Tar Hollow is pretty easy for the most part. The problem I have is not knowing where all the trails are. The few times I've been there I've just followed someone else and not really paid attention to where we were going. I've been trying to put together a route but haven't come up with a good one yet. TH is also free.
I also forgot to mention that Id have to ride down and back so that will be part of my decision as well. I do have some areas closer to home that I can/should practice on before I tackle anything technical.

Not trying to be noncommittal but I want to learn to walk before I run and I don't want keep anyone from riding at pace that they don't like.

I'll keep an eye out here for any further info
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #58885
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:

Given how much it's rained lately, you will be miserable trying to get around Perry or Wayne. It is going to be verrrry muddy. I might be able to sneak away for a few hours on saturday if you wanted to do the Danville stuff.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #58886
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,484
couple of pics from todays ride...for the plane geeks:

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #58887
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Given how much it's rained lately, you will be miserable trying to get around Perry or Wayne. It is going to be verrrry muddy. I might be able to sneak away for a few hours on saturday if you wanted to do the Danville stuff.
Danville is definitely closer to home and I don't have a lot of confidence in the 761's if things are too wet (especially at this point in the learning curve). I was going to head that direction tomorrow as I have an appointment in Mt V at noon. I wanted to explore around the Mohawk Dam area.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #58888
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
KTM 450exc is plated. Boy, that was easy. After a quick 10 mile shakedown run, I am considering a mirror to see if there are flashing lights behind me.
I'm not sure it is possible to keep the front wheel on the ground while accelerating on pavement. I've not been very successful anyway.
It pulls it up even wound up in 4th. This thing will take some getting used to compared to the WRR.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #58889
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
KTM 450exc is plated. Boy, that was easy. After a quick 10 mile shakedown run, I am considering a mirror to see if there are flashing lights behind me.
I'm not sure it is possible to keep the front wheel on the ground while accelerating on pavement. I've not been very successful anyway.
It pulls it up even wound up in 4th. This thing will take some getting used to compared to the WRR.
You need to sell the WRR to Sion now.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #58890
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Danville is definitely closer to home and I don't have a lot of confidence in the 761's if things are too wet (especially at this point in the learning curve). I was going to head that direction tomorrow as I have an appointment in Mt V at noon. I wanted to explore around the Mohawk Dam area.
Damn, I would offer to go with you, but I have a dentist appointment in Dublin at 11:30.

There are a ton of good gravel roads between Nellie and Centerburg.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote