ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #58891
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
You need to sell the WRR to Sion now.
It's my "street" bike. I'll go from Trakmasters & MX tires back to T63s.
What other bike can you ride across the state, ride Tar Hollow, & ride back home without worries? I'll not be trying that on the KTM. I think it's an awesome bike so long as you're not in a big hurry on pavement.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #58892
BikerGeek99
Horizon Chaser

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Going to stay at Fontana Village June 6,7,8 for the FZ1 rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
I'll be there that same weekend for the SV rally!
The wife and I spent a few days down there on the Harley last June. Pretty cool place, all in all. And, needless to say, fantastic roads in every direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Take beer, it's a dry county!
But ... the Village has what I believe was called a 'resort' liquor license, so they sell beer in their on-site (and fairly decent) restaurant, the (kinda pricey - no surprise) on-site General Store, and at the gas station on the property right on 28.

Otherwise, ya gotta go to Robbinsville.

Don't bitch about their beer prices - they get kinda pissy about it.

- '09 FLHTCU
- '04 FJR1300
BikerGeek99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #58893
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
It's my "street" bike. I'll go from Trakmasters & MX tires back to T63s.
That's the way I look at my KLR now. As my street bike with D606s on it.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #58894
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Is there any real advantage to beveling that outside bottom side? Can anyone get that low in a lean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Does seem like giving up usable space. Jesse bags are made like that too
It's absolutely possible, especially considering that the bags can be mounted on different bikes, on different racks, at different angles, and different heights - so while on that bike installed as they are, they might not scrape; on a different installation they very well might.

BadTrainDriver, as I recall, had a set of Zega's or maybe Touratech panniers without the beveled cuts. He was able to grind the corners of the bags under hard cornering on his DL1000. He contacted the company, who assured him it was impossible to do, but when he provided pictures they agreed that maybe it was possible. In their defense, he's about the most agressive motorcyclist I have ever ridden with so Joe Average might not ever come close.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #58895
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Bump for riding Perry SF/Wayne NF/Tar Hollow/or off-road somewhere else this weekend?
My schedule is a little up in the air right now but I may be able to sneak away for a few hours of Perry or Wayne one of the days. I'm close to both places so I can get there on short notice. I would anticipate mud at both places, Perry worse than Wayne if I had to guess.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #58896
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible monster View Post
My schedule is a little up in the air right now but I may be able to sneak away for a few hours of Perry or Wayne one of the days. I'm close to both places so I can get there on short notice. I would anticipate mud at both places, Perry worse than Wayne if I had to guess.
Cool, I'm setup for off road on my WRR with MX51's so I'm good to go just about anywhere. I don't want to eat up the tires too bad so I'm leaning toward Perry or Wayne.

I may head over to Indiana at Redbird SRA on Saturday. They are having a trail maintenance day and riding is free if you help out. It's 3.5 hours away though and I'm not 100% sure I'll have a riding buddy if I go...so I'll make a decision tomorrow afternoon at the latest...
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #58897
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

My WRR keeps blowing fuses for the turn signals. The dash goes out too and the starter won't engage. :( The fuses don't blow out right away and the time varies so I'm thinking a frayed wire somewhere bouncing around and shorting out. I hope to figure out what's going on tonight and be ready to ride this weekend...
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #58898
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post

BadTrainDriver, he's about the most agressive motorcyclist I have ever ridden with so Joe Average might not ever come close.
Is there an award for understatement of the year, cause this would be a contender!

And that's coming from Meef!!
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #58899
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Cool, I'm setup for off road on my WRR with MX51's so I'm good to go just about anywhere. I don't want to eat up the tires too bad so I'm leaning toward Perry or Wayne.

I may head over to Indiana at Redbird SRA on Saturday. They are having a trail maintenance day and riding is free if you help out. It's 3.5 hours away though and I'm not 100% sure I'll have a riding buddy if I go...so I'll make a decision tomorrow afternoon at the latest...
Sat would work better for me than Sun if that helps you make your decision. Karen's brother is in from TX and I probably won't be able to cut out on Sunday due to required visiting etc...
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #58900
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
Is there an award for understatement of the year, cause this would be a contender!

And that's coming from Meef!!

This one time, before he was at ADV lifetime banned camp, we were on a trip to NC. We got behind a dozen Harleys on SR800, and he passed them all in one fluid rush, in a hairpin curve, dragging parts and throwing sparks all over those pirates, at about double the speed limit. I was getting ready to pull over and call 9-1-1, not because of him, but for the Harley riders, several of who I am pretty sure had mild strokes as he went by.

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 07:08 AM
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #58901
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
My WRR keeps blowing fuses for the turn signals. The dash goes out too and the starter won't engage. :( The fuses don't blow out right away and the time varies so I'm thinking a frayed wire somewhere bouncing around and shorting out. I hope to figure out what's going on tonight and be ready to ride this weekend...
My suggestion would be to start at the rear signals, since the wiring for them runs along the steel subframe and a raw wire there would cause a short against the subframe. IIRC you also have the replacement taillight and signals so I'd look pretty hard at the connections between the factory wiring and the aftermarket wiring.

Until you sort it out... don't use your blinkers?

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #58902
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
Check the bulbs and sockets first I've seen bad bulbs blow fuses. At least you've got it narrowed down to one system. Electrical problems can be a major pita.

Or meef seems to know you modded your electrical system. Start there.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #58903
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,709
If it's happening when you're NOT using your turn signals, I'd look to the front signal wires. Those bulbs are always on.

I'd disconnect the signal wires one at a time and try process of elimination.

Lic. plate light is also an "always on" circuit.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #58904
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 319
Perhaps a Grand Prix -

[QUOTE=indypup;21270429]

so I'm leaning toward Perry or Wayne. QUOTE]

Hey 'Pup' - whut up?

We're going to ride a Grand Prix Sunday just south of Nelsonville on SR33 at FASTRAXX race track. Each race is 1 hour - you can run as many classes as you are eligible for (displacement / age / etc). There's probably 6 - 7 races. It's a combination of trail, a little MX course, pasture, fence lines and everything in-between. The big boys start riding about noon.

Nothing so hard to dampen the spirit and you can't get lost. And if you're not riding, you can spectate.

And you can everyone you went racing -

see: Fastraxxracing.com

See you there!

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 01:20 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #58905
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
My suggestion would be to start at the rear signals, since the wiring for them runs along the steel subframe and a raw wire there would cause a short against the subframe. IIRC you also have the replacement taillight and signals so I'd look pretty hard at the connections between the factory wiring and the aftermarket wiring.

Until you sort it out... don't use your blinkers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Check the bulbs and sockets first I've seen bad bulbs blow fuses. At least you've got it narrowed down to one system. Electrical problems can be a major pita.

Or meef seems to know you modded your electrical system. Start there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
If it's happening when you're NOT using your turn signals, I'd look to the front signal wires. Those bulbs are always on.

I'd disconnect the signal wires one at a time and try process of elimination.

Lic. plate light is also an "always on" circuit.
It's happening when I'm NOT using the signals. Meef is right about having a different tail light. I have the DRC Edge one. Only way I know it happens is the dash goes out. Then I know not to turn off the bike cause it won't start. :( When I get home tonight I'll tear into it. I'll post up here what I find out hopefully before it get too late.