ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #676
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
Lance is in the news again.

They say he was "unjustly enriched".

I believe the P.O. got advertising value from Armstrong winning.

Oh, and by the way before you invest in a sport you should "know" the sport.

Lance wasn't the only "enhanced" rider.

These wannabe Virgins shouldn't be surprised.

Cycling pros were nodding and winking at the dope users.

Get over it Justice Dept. Stop being the bully for your sissy kid brother, USPS.
Oh, the irony....
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #677
Spud99
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Whistler
Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
Lance is in the news again.

They say he was "unjustly enriched".

I believe the P.O. got advertising value from Armstrong winning.

Oh, and by the way before you invest in a sport you should "know" the sport.

Lance wasn't the only "enhanced" rider.

These wannabe Virgins shouldn't be surprised.

Cycling pros were nodding and winking at the dope users.

Get over it Justice Dept. Stop being the bully for your sissy kid brother, USPS.
So let me get this straight:
Lance signed multiple contracts assuring he was not using performance enhancing drugs;
He repeatedly and publicly announced he was clean;
He attacked and punished those that said be was a liar;
The companies he represented suffered no harm;
Everybody else was doing it.

Looks OK to me.
Let's restore his awards and erect a Lance statue in every post office.
Spud99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #678
OhBoy
Got Out
 
OhBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Hookie, NH
Oddometer: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud99 View Post
So let me get this straight:
Lance signed multiple contracts assuring he was not using performance enhancing drugs;
He repeatedly and publicly announced he was clean;
He attacked and punished those that said be was a liar;
The companies he represented suffered no harm;
Everybody else was doing it.

Looks OK to me.
Let's restore his awards and erect a Lance statue in every post office.
No doubt he f'ed up.
Take away the awards for sure.
He is a cocky son of a bitch.
__________________
KTM 1190 Adventure
OhBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #679
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer
 
SpeedoJosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 781
You can't throw a rock onto any major US sport field without hitting someone who is "enhanced". Still don't understand why everyone is crying about LA doing it. Grab some tissues and move on. Go find something else to cry about b/c your life sucks.
__________________
2000 XR250R - Tagged
1998 XR400R - To be tagged
2003 XR650R - Sold 2006 Ducati Monster -Sold
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #680
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
You can't throw a rock onto any major US sport field without hitting someone who is "enhanced". Still don't understand why everyone is crying about LA doing it. Grab some tissues and move on. Go find something else to cry about b/c your life sucks.
Another one who doesn't get it
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #681
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer
 
SpeedoJosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Another one who doesn't get it
Show me what I don't get.
__________________
2000 XR250R - Tagged
1998 XR400R - To be tagged
2003 XR650R - Sold 2006 Ducati Monster -Sold
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #682
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,598
Lance Armstrong 'agrees Sunday Times settlement'
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #683
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
Too bad they won't release the settlement.
Maybe someone will leak it, then deny they ever even saw the details, then curse, threaten, bully, and sue anyone who suggests they leaked the details, then admit they leaked the details all along.


I just hope that lying bucket of hog anus stays out of cycling for the rest of his life.


And yet, with this looming, dark, stinking, wretched mountain of doping and cheating still hanging over the sport, we still have racers going positive at the Giro?
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #684
vfr700
172S
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix, Az
Oddometer: 566
I guess you got rid of the Livestrong bracelet.
__________________
Phoenix, Az
vfr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #685
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Too bad they won't release the settlement.
Maybe someone will leak it, then deny they ever even saw the details, then curse, threaten, bully, and sue anyone who suggests they leaked the details, then admit they leaked the details all along.


I just hope that lying bucket of hog anus stays out of cycling for the rest of his life.


And yet, with this looming, dark, stinking, wretched mountain of doping and cheating still hanging over the sport, we still have racers going positive at the Giro?
Ironic you have a terrorist cunt for a username.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #686
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
I'd be happy to meet you in CS&M to discuss the matter further.


But since this is about bicycle racing and people come here intent on reading about cyclists and racing, why don't you keep your worthless opinions to yourself in this particular forum?

Yes, the livestrong bracelet has been off. And not because of the drug use, but because of the manner in which he defended himself while he was doping.

Not all share this belief, but I firmly believe the sport will be better and safer without doping.
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #687
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer
 
SpeedoJosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 781
If you want to watch a professional sport without doping, go back to the first couple years it was introduced. After that, good luck.

Once people figure out they can make big money in a sport, it's no holds bar.

I don't see what the big deal is. Professional athletes make a living by their physical performance. They use all resources available. Same as any other profession. These guys' resources just happen to be a controversial subject.

__________________
2000 XR250R - Tagged
1998 XR400R - To be tagged
2003 XR650R - Sold 2006 Ducati Monster -Sold
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #688
vfr700
172S
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix, Az
Oddometer: 566
I never had a bracelet.
__________________
Phoenix, Az
vfr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #689
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
If you want to watch a professional sport without doping, go back to the first couple years it was introduced. After that, good luck.

Once people figure out they can make big money in a sport, it's no holds bar.

I don't see what the big deal is. Professional athletes make a living by their physical performance. They use all resources available. Same as any other profession. These guys' resources just happen to be a controversial subject.

I think you are mistaken about when the big explosion of serious performance enhancing drugs occurred in this sport.
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #690
dtirell
Dain Brammaged
 
dtirell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The Northwet
Oddometer: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post

I don't see what the big deal is. Professional athletes make a living by their physical performance. They use all resources available. Same as any other profession. These guys' resources just happen to be a controversial subject.


Not once they start doping or any other chemical enhancements.
dtirell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014