User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #3346
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,095
44's on R1150R

Mounted on the fender using the existing bolt, just had to drill the hole in the mount slightly larger.

Rotary dimmer mounted on steering neck, accessible, but once I set the initial dimmed level I don't find the need to change it.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #3347
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGiN View Post
Is this trail tech race light mount is hand made or available to buy somewhere?
It is handmade. Send me an email(sandjoh@gmail.com) or pm and I'll send more info and pricing.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #3348
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
I would recommend the Model 60 with a rotary dimmer. We can setup the electrics to be plug n play, just let me know what headlight connector you have.

The high beam switch is only needed if you want hi/low beam, the alternative is to rotate the rotary to full power when you need it. Otherwise any 12v switch will engage the high beam.
Going by your recommendations, it seems two lamps as per the dualsport fairing is optimum.
If I don't run the fairing, what other mounting options would you suggest for two lamps on the KTM 500xcw
and
What configuration of two lamps would give the best light pattern, ie, one spot and and one flood etc....?
bill1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #3349
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
AdvMonster Pr0n

I'll mount them up when I get back home.... I have a set of 60's on the Bars, but it will certainly be overkill. May just leave them on for a few rides of ridiculous???

Kudos AdvMonster!!! AWESOME:

I need a tiny AdvMonster sticker to replace the Cyclops sticker...

More pic's to follow after they are mounted
I have been fighting the HID lamps in this headlight ever since I bought my XR650R (it came with it on):

I see lamps to replace the top two in the image above, do you have a wider angle I could use for the 4" SC4? Inquiring minds want to know!

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure SOLD
'05 Honda XR650R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #3350
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
I have been fighting the HID lamps in this headlight ever since I bought my XR650R (it came with it on):

I see lamps to replace the top two in the image above, do you have a wider angle I could use for the 4" SC4? Inquiring minds want to know!
We don't offer a 4" light. Do you have a pic of the rear of the light? Might be able to easily adapt a third light in that position.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #3351
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
We don't offer a 4" light. Do you have a pic of the rear of the light? Might be able to easily adapt a third light in that position.
I'll try and get some pics of the housing opened up this weekend. There is room to spare for typical MR16 Halogens in the upper two spaces. Overall the housing is maybe 2.5 inches deep.

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure SOLD
'05 Honda XR650R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #3352
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
I'll try and get some pics of the housing opened up this weekend. There is room to spare for typical MR16 Halogens in the upper two spaces. Overall the housing is maybe 2.5 inches deep.
Depth should be fine.

Pics of the back?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #3353
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
AdvMonster Pr0n

I'll mount them up when I get back home.... I have a set of 60's on the Bars, but it will certainly be overkill. May just leave them on for a few rides of ridiculous???

Kudos AdvMonster!!! AWESOME:

I need a tiny AdvMonster sticker to replace the Cyclops sticker...

More pic's to follow after they are mounted

Woa I Really like this, great job! I have a BD 8" La Paz Halogen light and I love the 8" racelight look but want LED efficiency. I'll be following this thread for more info on such conversions.

Also, can one order those flush mount adapters for your lights?
For instance, I have a TW200 with a 4x6 halogen headlight. I think one could make a replacement light with a lexan or other plastic (metal even) lense bolted into the stock mounting points. The key would be the flush mount kits. A model 30 for driving spot (possibly on dimmer) and 44 for flood on high beam could fit in the 4x6 and look good (imo).
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #3354
HiHOSilverGS
overthehilldirtbiker

Oddometer: 9
Shipping fee at ADVMonster

After doing some research for driving lights and reading the posts here on ADVRider,
I just started to buy some lights on ADVMONSTER and had to stop shopping after I saw the ridiculously high shipping costs.
HiHOSilverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #3355
ewagman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHOSilverGS View Post
I just started to buy some lights on ADVMONSTER and had to stop shopping after I saw the ridiculously high shipping costs.
Have you paid to ship something yourself since the last price hike? I was amazed the last time I mailed a package how much the post office hiked rates. UPS is also expensive now too, no way around it, it seems.
I haven't bought lamps from ADVMonster in almost a year, kinda po'd at myself for missing the very recent sale price on the 30's.
ewagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #3356
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
After doing some research for driving lights and reading the posts here on ADVRider,
Did you try putting in your Zip code? Shipping is quite reasonable.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #3357
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
We use USPS Priority or First Class mail.

You likely did not move through the checkout process far enough to get an estimate of shipping. Typical cost to ship a pair of lights to anywhere in the US is 7-12 usd.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #3358
dsc522758
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
12v fused source

Any other 12v fused source not mentioned in the documentation? That 12v wire coming from the rotary is a bit short to get anywhere. You mentioned the horn circuit. The horn switch won't work will it?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #3359
dsc522758
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc522758 View Post
Any other 12v fused source not mentioned in the documentation? That 12v wire coming from the rotary is a bit short to get anywhere. You mentioned the horn circuit. The horn switch won't work will it?
Since I am trying to wire with highbeam bypass do I need to go by some wire at Radio Shack and some type of spade connectors and run a hot to a relay of some sort from the battery hot and then run from relay to 12v marked on the rotary switch? I guess ground works the same. Bike is in pieces in the garage until I get this figured out.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #3360
dsc522758
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc522758 View Post
Since I am trying to wire with highbeam bypass do I need to go by some wire at Radio Shack and some type of spade connectors and run a hot to a relay of some sort from the battery hot and then run from relay to 12v marked on the rotary switch? I guess ground works the same. Bike is in pieces in the garage until I get this figured out.
Relay also? 44 divided by 12.5 = 3.52 x 1.25=4.4 10A inline fuse I guess?