Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
istoker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
Not to discount Final Cut, but Adobe Premiere is also fantastic for this kind of stuff + syncing up video with music. It's very quick and snappy to work with and syncing is easy, just takes a little time :)
I have to switch over next year to Premiere on my next Mac upgrade. FCP 7 was discontinued years ago and once FCPX came out it was complete junk. So with Apple dropping the ball, time to switch back over to Premiere. I used to use it years ago and never liked it. But i heard it has improved a lot over the years. I have been on FCP since Version 1.0 in 1999 so i know it well. Oh well, time for a change. But hard to give up something that works so well for me.
istoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
ShiftHead
the f is silent.

Oddometer: 259
Damn man, sweet videos and awesome rides. Got me biting my finger nails right now...need to go riding!
- Bigzoner #052 English Chapter "Keep Brotherhood Till Die!" - Nate & Dot Fan club
- The "Got Screwed" Newb
ShiftHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #18
trailmarker
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Great video and those are some nice looking trails. I'm jealous
trailmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #19
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,381
Mostly I have a hard time watching typical helmet cam or bike cam mounted video productions. Many of them appear the same, jittery, the same terrain over and over again, or someone doing something for the camera they regretted later, and then they end up in a get off. Some people do put out a great video though.

I worked in video as part of my employment dating back to pre-VHS. Meaning, 16mm motion picture film, all the way through to digital and then bailed from the video end of things mid 2010. Regrettably, video "anything" reminds me of the career I left behind of 32 years one day. Not a great synopsis or "final scene" for me.

Your production quite the EXCEPTION.

Well done. I am a sucker for "Boston" in any regard as well, but your video did fetch my attention. Wonderful terrain for the ride as well.

Keep them coming, and welcome aboard mate.
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
istoker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
Mostly I have a hard time watching typical helmet cam or bike cam mounted video productions. Many of them appear the same, jittery, the same terrain over and over again, or someone doing something for the camera they regretted later, and then they end up in a get off. Some people do put out a great video though.

I worked in video as part of my employment dating back to pre-VHS. Meaning, 16mm motion picture film, all the way through to digital and then bailed from the video end of things mid 2010. Regrettably, video "anything" reminds me of the career I left behind of 32 years one day. Not a great synopsis or "final scene" for me.

Your production quite the EXCEPTION.

Well done. I am a sucker for "Boston" in any regard as well, but your video did fetch my attention. Wonderful terrain for the ride as well.

Keep them coming, and welcome aboard mate.
I started in the "tape to tape" days of Super VHS in 1992 or so when i was in high school. I was fortunate enough to have a school that had a photography/videography class. Making "ins" and "outs" for editing was nightmare. B Roll, etc. But still pretty fun. But then just upgraded to Hi-8, Digital, 16mm etc. I too gave up my video/film career of making surf related movies back in 2007 or so. I did that from 1993 to 2007 or so. I loved it but it was hard on the family travelling a lot. I have a new job now, but still enjoy making these quick videos and to share them for everyone.
I just did a ride yesterday and will be making another one here shortly. I ended up crashing pretty good and hurt both legs. Still completed 50 miles of the 77 but ended up flatting and it just hurt too bad to manage the bike on the terrain. Hopefully have that up here in a week or so. These videos although fun are still pretty complex and time consuming to make as you may know. Thanks for the nice compliments though.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
video montage

Quote:
Originally Posted by istoker View Post
I started in the "tape to tape" days of Super VHS in 1992 or so when i was in high school. I was fortunate enough to have a school that had a photography/videography class. Making "ins" and "outs" for editing was nightmare. B Roll, etc. But still pretty fun. But then just upgraded to Hi-8, Digital, 16mm etc. I too gave up my video/film career of making surf related movies back in 2007 or so. I did that from 1993 to 2007 or so. I loved it but it was hard on the family travelling a lot. I have a new job now, but still enjoy making these quick videos and to share them for everyone.
I just did a ride yesterday and will be making another one here shortly. I ended up crashing pretty good and hurt both legs. Still completed 50 miles of the 77 but ended up flatting and it just hurt too bad to manage the bike on the terrain. Hopefully have that up here in a week or so. These videos although fun are still pretty complex and time consuming to make as you may know. Thanks for the nice compliments though.
try throwing in some stills (second camera?) once in a while might help to carry the vid along?
Yep doing the pulls and selects take time...
The shot with the river crossing - i was hoping for a shot from the front as well. Perhaps ask the riders if they will do a repeat stream crossing?

good job keeping the camera steady and with the edit. Even when i am riding i have a tendency to move my head all around. And typically the stinkin' batteries die and i end up with nothin'.

FCP 7.x is the gold standard - Adobe Premiere has come along way from the days i messed around with it.... my video days go back to single chip panasonic (AG-456) cameras and (AG1970 deck), and 3/4" etc.
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #22
istoker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
try throwing in some stills (second camera?) once in a while might help to carry the vid along?
Yep doing the pulls and selects take time...
The shot with the river crossing - i was hoping for a shot from the front as well. Perhaps ask the riders if they will do a repeat stream crossing?

good job keeping the camera steady and with the edit. Even when i am riding i have a tendency to move my head all around. And typically the stinkin' batteries die and i end up with nothin'.

Not sure if you watched the video or not, but it has stills in it. It is hard enough to start/stop, turn the camera on/off, listen for beeps, negotiate the terrain and try and get a goog shot. I don't feel the video needed to be "carried along" at all. I even had the intro footage that matched the song with me waking up, etc.
If you want to buy me a second camera, i am all for that.
These rides are long (90 miles +) and go all day. Trying to do a repeat shot is out of the question on the river crossing. I had that shot longer because the song slowed down right there. I capture what i can along the way, no second tries.
I have plenty of batteries so i dont have to worry about dead batteries, but i do have to change them which takes a while when guys are riding and don't care to wait up sometimes.
I just do these videos for fun and with no budget or not much time to get them finished up quick, i feel they come out pretty decent.
Onto editing the new video from the ride this weekend....
Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #23
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,768
Very well done! Great editing

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote