Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #106
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post

picture composition is perfect (see the shocker?)....

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #107
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
picture composition is perfect (see the shocker?)....
HAHAHAAHAHA
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #108
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
HAHAHAAHAHA
Oh...congrats on the Mdot! That's impressive stuff. Sorry I got distracted. :P

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #109
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Oh...congrats on the Mdot! That's impressive stuff. Sorry I got distracted. :P

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.

Thx, it was a fun experience. I have IM Raleigh coming up in a month. First race of the season.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #110
AKtracks
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
First one done!

Finished my first tri! Granted, it was only a sprint distance, and I wasn't very fast, but it was a blast! Two more weeks until the next one...hopefully on this next one I won't break a front derailer cable or loose a shoe in the mud on the run.

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #111
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd

Way to go AKtracks!!

BLOG
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #112
AKtracks
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
And now...

I can now officially call myself an Ironman! Completed IM Coeur d'Alene two weekends ago. If anyone is considering jumping into the full IM ring DO IT! The feeling of accomplishment after crossing the finish line is like no other...simply amazing...the most rewarding thing I've ever done to/for myself.

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #113
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtracks View Post
I can now officially call myself an Ironman! Completed IM Coeur d'Alene two weekends ago. If anyone is considering jumping into the full IM ring DO IT! The feeling of accomplishment after crossing the finish line is like no other...simply amazing...the most rewarding thing I've ever done to/for myself.
Congratulations! That's huge man, HUGE!

BLOG
Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #114
MotoDaveL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
I got into triathlons when I went back to school at 35. I signed up for the Muskoka 70.3 before actually ever doing a triathlon. I got up to about 20hr per week training which included biking to work (100 miles round trip) a few times per week. My run is my weak point and have to constantly work at it. I did a bunch of races the first 2 years then last year only did a offroad tri last year. This year I am focusing more on the run but might look at a 70.3 or cedarpoint full rev for next year.
MotoDaveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #115
Yukon65006

Oddometer: 495
Have been doing Sprints, OLY, and Halfs for a few years. Spent the last 6 months building for my 1st full, IM Mont Tremblant, on the 17th of this month. Have been taking part in a bi-weekly sprint series to practice transitions and have some fun.

At the 3rd race in the series at 3 miles into a 10 mile ride going downhill into a sweeping blind left turn at around 37mph, same speed as prior races this year and last. The douche canoe that was 3-4 lengths in front of me crossed the center line into the oncoming lane. Within 1-2 seconds of him crossing the line a mini-van appeared coming around the bend, he sat up and grabbed the breaks while swerving back into the proper lane. I was on the aero bars and grabbed the rear brake and was sitting up and going for the front while the distance was rapidly closing between us. He continued to break and swerve back to right pushing me towards the curb. The road had no shoulder and there was gravel from the curb to about 1-2 foot into the road. I made a choice to go off the side of the road into the brush verse tangling with his rear wheel and going done on asphalt.

The 6 second breakdown from the .gpx file:
1sec 37 to 32mph 47ft me grabbing rear break (carbon fiber wheels not as good at breaking as aluminum)
2sec 32 to 24mph 35ft got both breaks going
3sec 24 to 6mph 9ft CURB
4sec 8mph 12ft bouncing and flying
5sec 7mph 11ft more bouncing and flying, since the 1st sec of it was so fun
6sec 1.5mph 2ft

Only damage to bike was a broken aero bar. Glad I was riding the titanium bike that night and not the CF one.

Damage to me a broken pelvis. Wasted six months of training, would have still been working out and training but not as much. Out $700 for race registration, happened less than 45days from event so couldn't even get the refundable $150 back.

After 4 weeks I went to the last Thursday night race on crutches and the POS that caused the accident wouldn't even look at me. I even propped my self up next to him while he was paying for that nights race. He definitely knew what happened and he wasn't some guy that just started riding, was wearing a local bike shops race kit and has competed for a few years.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #116
MotoDaveL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
unfortunate about the injury, hopefully you get back up and running soon enough. I know IM is a little sticky but are they able to push your entry to next year given the injury?

The Tremblant course looks outstanding
MotoDaveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #117
Yukon65006

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDaveL View Post
unfortunate about the injury, hopefully you get back up and running soon enough. I know IM is a little sticky but are they able to push your entry to next year given the injury?

The Tremblant course looks outstanding

IM policy for 2014 was $150 refund or transfer into a race off a selected list of remaining 2014 races before the 45 day mark. The transfer prior to the 45 day mark also has a $50 fee. Arizona and Cozumel are the remaining 2014 races I would stand a chance of being in enough shape to finish IF the doc will let workout by the end of this month but they are excluded from the list and sold out.

Since I was within the 45 day window after getting out of the hospital and contacting IM they offered to wave the $50 transfer fee but would not do the $150 refund.

Yukon65006 screwed with this post 08-02-2014 at 10:24 AM
Yukon65006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: