ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #3886
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Cambodia
Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
Haven't heard anything back from advmonster/sanjoh... hopefully he is just on vacation.
Try the phone number on his website, I got through to him ok yesterday.

Discussed various light options as I wondered if a spot/flood combination would be best.
He reckons no great advantage in that.
Apparently the model 60 led is a wide beam flood which, combined with the dimmer, is the best allround option that will fit our OEM shroud.
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #3887
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,315
I know San and have seen his products in action. First class fella and some real cool lights. You can't go wrong with one of his setups .
__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #3888
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Now serving just Snohomish County
Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
I have the Acerbis 3 gal on my 500 xcw

Just fitted the the Profill sock Pt no. #ACE0001

http://www.profill-australia.com/e-store/STORE.html

There's a thread on KTMtalk about it

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=468480&st=30
I ordered one of these Profill filters for my new bike and new tank (both of which I have not picked up yet) on 4/13/13 and surprisingly it has already arrived. It is utterly amazing how quickly this thing made it here from Australia. It would have been delivered yesterday but since I was not home, I had to go pick it up at the Post Office. Amazing service! I did not expect it to show up for at least another week.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #3889
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in the jungles of Thailand
Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Try the phone number on his website, I got through to him ok yesterday.

Discussed various light options as I wondered if a spot/flood combination would be best.
He reckons no great advantage in that.
Apparently the model 60 led is a wide beam flood which, combined with the dimmer, is the best allround option that will fit our OEM shroud.
The wide beam, flood is also what the Baja Designs Squadron has installed. Did he mention why he did not think the spot would add any benefit? Any news on why the difference in the electrical draw pulled from BD and ADV Monster lights?
__________________
Cheers,
Team FTB
------------------
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #3890
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Cambodia
Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
The wide beam, flood is also what the Baja Designs Squadron has installed. Did he mention why he did not think the spot would add any benefit? Any news on why the difference in the electrical draw pulled from BD and ADV Monster lights?
FTB
Have a look at the following thread starting from post 3335
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...07184&page=223

In our phone conversation he told me that the model 60 led beam pattern is good enough that adding a spot doesn't add much benefit. I took that at face value seeing as he's selling me less with that advice.
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #3891
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in the jungles of Thailand
Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
FTB
Have a look at the following thread starting from post 3335
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...07184&page=223

In our phone conversation he told me that the model 60 led beam pattern is good enough that adding a spot doesn't add much benefit. I took that at face value seeing as he's selling me less with that advice.

Thanks for the link Bill - When we get our bikes side by side it'll be interesting to see if there are any noticeable differences in the light thrown between the BD and Sanjoh's set-up.

Just got the Faast Flexx bars and Pauls HDB guards delivered. Hacksawing the bars narrower with the broken arm will be fun.
__________________
Cheers,
Team FTB
------------------
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #3892
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WRW9751's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Oddometer: 333
Rekluse

I'd be interested in knowing if any of you are using Rekluse's on your 500's and which model?
WRW9751 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #3893
h2oplayer
Adventurer
 
h2oplayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Gig Harbor
Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing if any of you are using Rekluse's on your 500's and which model?
I have a 450xcw 2013 and went with the core exp. I am amazed at how well it works. Install was a breeze and it took very little to get it dialed in. Try and find someone in your area that has this set up who will let you ride it. Just be ready to breakout your wallet.
__________________
Don - Gig Harbor, WA
GTR1400
CBR1100xx
LC4 six days

Some of my past rides
GSXR1000, FZ1, ZX-10, CBR1000F Hurricane
Sabre V65. CB1100F, CB900F, CB750F, CB750K
Kawasaki 750 H2 Triple, RD350 and RZ350
YZ250F, KDX200, Elsinore MT125
h2oplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #3894
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WRW9751's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Oddometer: 333
500 xc-w

My friends have 350's and have different models on them.One with a Pro and the other with a exp. What I was most concerned about was the extra horsepower the 500 has. One of the Rekluse's you remove a friction plate or two.
WRW9751 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #3895
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing if any of you are using Rekluse's on your 500's and which model?
Core EXP 2.0
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #3896
h2oplayer
Adventurer
 
h2oplayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Gig Harbor
Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
My friends have 350's and have different models on them.One with a Pro and the other with a exp. What I was most concerned about was the extra horsepower the 500 has. One of the Rekluse's you remove a friction plate or two.
The core exp 2 uses all the plates. I get plenty of tire slip when I want it but no issues on clutch slip. You can also upgrade the Belleville spring from the stock 250psi to the 280psi. I had picked up the 280 to install but have not felt the need to open the clutch back up and install it.
__________________
Don - Gig Harbor, WA
GTR1400
CBR1100xx
LC4 six days

Some of my past rides
GSXR1000, FZ1, ZX-10, CBR1000F Hurricane
Sabre V65. CB1100F, CB900F, CB750F, CB750K
Kawasaki 750 H2 Triple, RD350 and RZ350
YZ250F, KDX200, Elsinore MT125
h2oplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #3897
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 580
I won't have a 500 until next month, but used the Z-start on my 530. After riding the 300 with EFM auto clutch since 02, I can say Rekluse has it down, and some of the first things I will put on my 500 will be the full core exp and lhrb.
__________________
1290, April delivery
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #3898
Jonathan75
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 54
Traveling on a 500

I admit i have not spent alot of time searching this thread, but I was wondering if any one had any input on riding any distance at all on this bike? I was talking to the dealer and he did not seem very confident at all about riding these very far on pavement. Any and all opinons would be very helpful, or if someone could point in the right direction to look.
Jonathan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #3899
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan75 View Post
I admit i have not spent alot of time searching this thread, but I was wondering if any one had any input on riding any distance at all on this bike? I was talking to the dealer and he did not seem very confident at all about riding these very far on pavement. Any and all opinons would be very helpful, or if someone could point in the right direction to look.
'Riding any distance' or 'riding very far' depends on ones point of view.

How often do you want to change the oil? Think 150hr top end, a valve check every 50 hours or so. It's not a streetbike, it's a dirtbike that is legal to ride on the street.
__________________
1290, April delivery
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #3900
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mifune's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Berkeley, CA
Oddometer: 493
Street riding the 500 EXC? I've ridden the 20 miles or so on the freeway between my dealer and home a couple if times. Not as bad as you might expect, but still pretty awkward, mostly because of the tires. I would not shy away from this as a way of connecting the trails, but I definitely would not want to commute to work on it, quite aside from the maintenance schedule.
__________________
2013 Ducati 1199 R
2012 KTM 500 EXC
2005 KTM 640 Adventure

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014