ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #376
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 16,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
WTF are you doing back in this territory? Thought you wouldn't be back till Sunday. How'd it go????
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #377
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
WTF are you doing back in this territory? Thought you wouldn't be back till Sunday. How'd it go????
Yea, no shit! Deets man... we need deets!!!

also,

DC on Saturday!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #378
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Yea, no shit! Deets man... we need deets!!!

also,

DC on Saturday!!!
Not back yet, still in Cabo for a few more days.
Race went well for us. We had a blast, Norra works hard to make sure everyone has a good time.
Tragically one of our freinds passed away during the second day of the race, so obviously there is some mixed emotions.
cross-country is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #379
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
You're our second immigrant to the area who started out in Farmington. Must be a popular place to leave.

But yes, we can certainly do that. I'll keep you in mind for any local big bike run arounds. Going out this weekend for a four-day tour through eastern Utah with a buddy. Oh yeah!
Uli,
Something = aliquid in Latin. Ben
benjamin1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #380
grub
Requires Supervision

Oddometer: 2,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Not back yet, still in Cabo for a few more days.
Race went well for us. We had a blast, Norra works hard to make sure everyone has a good time.
Tragically one of our freinds passed away during the second day of the race, so obviously there is some mixed emotions.

Sorry man, I saw what happened. Godspeed.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #381
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiryas View Post
Yet another Western Slope noob here,

I met Uli and Adventuregirl earlier this year and just met Greg today to check out the 690.

My riding is improving every time out and I had a great time today at Rabbit Valley.

Subscribed for Grand Valley rides.

Chris

Good meeting you Chris, hope to get out on a ride with you soon! Best of luck with the 690 decision.
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #382
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer: 1,324
Well, I'm making Chris try the 950 before anything else....and you all know what happens once you drink from the big bottle!!

'05.5 KTM 950 ADV (Orange is faster)
'04 KTM 525
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #383
balto68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hey Grand Junctioners,

I'm a 25 year old absolute noob when it comes to riding, and I was wondering if you all could suggest some good shops for riding gear. I went to Motorcycles Accessories down near Main St and they had some good selection, but I was wondering if there were any similar stores in town.

In addition to that question, I guess I might as well introduce myself. I'm formerly from the Denver area, and I've been in GJ for almost a year after spending way too long going to school in Texas. It's good to be back in Colorado, and I'm getting into riding because I love exploring this wonderful place we live in!
balto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #384
gee
Safety First

Oddometer: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by balto68 View Post
Hey Grand Junctioners,

I'm a 25 year old absolute noob when it comes to riding, and I was wondering if you all could suggest some good shops for riding gear. I went to Motorcycles Accessories down near Main St and they had some good selection, but I was wondering if there were any similar stores in town.

In addition to that question, I guess I might as well introduce myself. I'm formerly from the Denver area, and I've been in GJ for almost a year after spending way too long going to school in Texas. It's good to be back in Colorado, and I'm getting into riding because I love exploring this wonderful place we live in!
Welcome to the Western Slope!

Regarding gear, check out 2nd Gear in Clifton, all second hand stuff but some good deals. rockymountainatv.com is also a good source for all things "motorcycle". I'm in Montrose so when you're ready to explore the mighty San Juans let me know.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #385
jnclem
True Airhead

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by balto68 View Post
Hey Grand Junctioners,

I'm from Gunnison, spend some time in GJ, and Fruita in the spring and fall. Happen to be there right now - mountain biking not motoring though. Anyway, I have been into a Honda shop on 25 road, right behind the Subaru dealership a few times. I am pretty new to all this, ride an older BMW, but these guys were extremely helpful and had a good selection of things I thought.

Interesting about 2nd gear. I'll have to check that out.
jnclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #386
Bipeflier
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Guy from Missouri Enjoyed Baxter Pass

Was in GJ on business this past week. Played hookie on Tuesday and rode up Baxter Pass road as far as the KLR would take me. Hit some snow/ice shortly before the top and being an "old man" I wasn't in shape to try to muscle "Miss Piggy" through.

Fell on my ass in the mud turning around (engine dead) and she landed right in my lap! I finally got out from under her and uprighted but this Mid-Westerner was out of breath. At least my buddy didn't have to rescue me.

The point of this? I really envy you guys who live out there!!

Currently making plans to come out later this year to ride Engineer Pass and some other routes in that area.

Bipeflier screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 02:20 PM
Bipeflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #387
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Awesome, sounds like it was a great visit! Baxter Pass is great fun, matter of fact the entire Bookcliff range is a great place to explore!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #388
Powderaddict
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Has anyone ridden around Battlement Lakes outside Parachute? I've heard there are some trails around there to ride. There is the one Jeep trail that goes up to the lakes, but I'm wondering what else is up there.

Hopefully much of the snow will melt by Memorial Day

previous: Suzuki Intruder 1400, KLR 250, KLR 650, Ninja 650r, Triumph Sprint ST, Yamaha Seca II, Yamaha XS650, Suzuki TS185
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #389
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Has anyone ridden around Battlement Lakes outside Parachute? I've heard there are some trails around there to ride. There is the one Jeep trail that goes up to the lakes, but I'm wondering what else is up there.

I've heard about it, but never been... sounds like a great place to explore! I would imagine Memorial Day sounds about right for snow-melt. If you go, take some pics, I'd love to see and hear more about the area.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #390
shiryas
Dragon with matches

Oddometer: 74
My backyard. Its an out and back trail, not bad but not high country single track either. Gonna have to get real hot real quick in the next couple of weeks for a Memorial day trip. Will keep you posted though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Battlement Lakes outside Parachute? I've heard there are some trails around there to ride. There is the one Jeep trail

shiryas is offline   Reply With Quote