User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
Sharps-Nut OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Thanks

I like what I am hearing. Sometimes the obvious is not always obvious to me. Once she gets some skills on the trainer she should choose. She has allowed or loves me enough to allow me three bikes for my riding pleasure. Especially considering hitting a deer on the 250 cost us 5k out of pocket last year.
Part of me is enthused about her thinking of riding part is horrified. Bad enough if I kill myself off dicking around on a bike. But we still got kids at home at this point so it worries me a bit. She a tough little broad and determined so we will see how this plays out.
Sharps-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,491
The important thing is that she feels confident in HER choices.

Finally got my wife back onto two wheels last year, walked her into a dealer I know well and told her to buy a damn bike :). She's had a licence for 30 years, but not ridden.

O.K. she has a 150cc scooter, which for a 6km commute is perfect. It'll have paid itself off in fuel savings alone in 18 months - so her commenting that she'd prefer something that wasn't so funky on roundabouts and could accelerate enough to get out of it's own way is a good sign. When it annoys her enough I'll take her shopping again.

FWIW - she loves the scooter - worth that for the happy smiling woman that walks in the door after work rather than the unhappy scowling Mrs Grouchy I used to have to live with :)

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote