ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 540 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #7801
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
's the 3rd or 4th weekend in a row french tanks have been absent from the weekendly bonuses. F'king lame.
Viva le Reverse!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #7802
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
That is how I play anymore as well....you have to toss in a good amount of trash talk as well.....usually directed at arty

Hell I trash talk arty when I play arty.....that really fucks some people up.....real fun comments.
I got a few "WTF??" comments from enemy players whilst one-shotting them with my Wespe last night. Deeply amusing. Offered helpful tidbits, like "Don't hide in an obvious location," "You were spotted and in my line of fire, dumbass," and the ever-helpful "BOOM! HEADSHOT!!!!"


__________________
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #7803
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
"BOOM! HEADSHOT!!!!"
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #7804
Dysco
Whackaducker
 
Dysco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Salida, CO
Oddometer: 16,019


I'm working on a Wespe right now. My Priest keeps getting overshadowed by good arty players in Grilles. I can beat an average Grille all day, but the good ones make me look terrible. Thus, I will get all up in my own Grille and make sure I'm not the problem.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #7805
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,906
Sam goaded me in to the Wespe, I'd skipped it somehow in an old tech tree, blew through the Grille, and run a GW Panther for my Tier 6 needs. But just for shits and grins, I got the Wespe, with the Tier 5 gun, and it's just as fun to me now as the Su-26 used to be. Getting 4-6 kill games is quite possible, though lower kills and a lot of damage points is more common. One-shotting a full health Priest, though, is just fucking golden.
__________________
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #7806
Dysco
Whackaducker
 
Dysco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Salida, CO
Oddometer: 16,019
Sometimes I just want to go back to the T57. The SU-18 was fun, but the T-57 was more so. My first game with it earned me Top Gun and a mastery. Definitely sized right for its levels of play. I feel like the Priest is too "in the middle" between the tiers it plays. I'm itching to move up in my arty to see how the higher tiers play when I can actually do damage without gold rounds.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #7807
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,906
My impression is that it's pointless to go above Tier 6 in artillery of any nation, it's just not worth it, when T6 Arty pieces see T10 battles anyway. Cheaper to run and have fun in. Powerful enough to be a game changer.



S-51 is Finger-Of-God ant-squishing.

GW Panther is "less filling", but fires faster and moves like a stabbed rat.

French Gold 4 Lehfreaea;sdlfja;lsdkjf is "ok", but being premium, makes decent coin, so I run it.

Wespe can fire 1000m, has incredible accuracy, even across the map, good reload, and punches above its weight with the top gun. Having played arty for a year now, I'm holding a 60-something % win rate in it, and it's my new mid-tier secret weapon.
__________________
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #7808
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,906
I'll admit part of me wants to try the BatChat 155, but that's mostly curiosity speaking, not an expectation of righteous performance for the money.
__________________
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #7809
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,746
0/4 in my new T110E4.

thank god whatever counter it is in the garage lower right window isnt' working to show me how m uch I've lost. medals in every match too.
__________________

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #7810
James Adams
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
Sometimes I just want to go back to the T57. The SU-18 was fun, but the T-57 was more so. My first game with it earned me Top Gun and a mastery. Definitely sized right for its levels of play. I feel like the Priest is too "in the middle" between the tiers it plays. I'm itching to move up in my arty to see how the higher tiers play when I can actually do damage without gold rounds.
I love the T57. Reasonable damage, reasonable range, fast-ish movement, and reasonable reload time. I have an elited one that I'm keeping around.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #7811
Dysco
Whackaducker
 
Dysco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Salida, CO
Oddometer: 16,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
I love the T57. Reasonable damage, reasonable range, fast-ish movement, and reasonable reload time. I have an elited one that I'm keeping around.
How do you like the M37? It's another really easy vehicle for me. My favorite tier 2 is the M2 light. It's fun and it's great scout practice. I also have a T18... it's really hard to justify keeping 3 tier 2 vehicles just for funsies.


...of course, I just tried the t2 Cruiser last night and it's hilarious to play.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #7812
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I'll admit part of me wants to try the BatChat 155, but that's mostly curiosity speaking, not an expectation of righteous performance for the money.
The next time the test server is online I may explore the high tier arty from various nations. If nothing else than to see if I want to go that far.

sent from my abacus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #7813
James Adams
Misplaced
 
James Adams's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: stuck in traffic
Oddometer: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
How do you like the M37? It's another really easy vehicle for me. My favorite tier 2 is the M2 light. It's fun and it's great scout practice. I also have a T18... it's really hard to justify keeping 3 tier 2 vehicles just for funsies.


...of course, I just tried the t2 Cruiser last night and it's hilarious to play.
I've not played the T37 yet, I've been working my way (slowly) up to the French arty tree instead.
__________________
2009 KTM 505xc-f Rally
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #7814
Dysco
Whackaducker
 
Dysco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Salida, CO
Oddometer: 16,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
My impression is that it's pointless to go above Tier 6 in artillery of any nation, it's just not worth it, when T6 Arty pieces see T10 battles anyway. Cheaper to run and have fun in. Powerful enough to be a game changer.



S-51 is Finger-Of-God ant-squishing.

GW Panther is "less filling", but fires faster and moves like a stabbed rat.

French Gold 4 Lehfreaea;sdlfja;lsdkjf is "ok", but being premium, makes decent coin, so I run it.

Wespe can fire 1000m, has incredible accuracy, even across the map, good reload, and punches above its weight with the top gun. Having played arty for a year now, I'm holding a 60-something % win rate in it, and it's my new mid-tier secret weapon.
Now that my Churchill III is training useful crews for the Russian heavies I didn't have when I bought it, I see value in having a premium tank in a line I'm moving up. I have some gold sitting around that I want to use for a cheaper premium (after buying something like a dozen more garage slots ). Is the rest of the French arty line any good?

My alternative is a US Medium.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #7815
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 13,151
US Medium after the easy 8 is a sure way to lose money on most every battle.

I like my M43, tier 7 arty. Slow reload, but that allows me to not shoot too much, thus I can generally break even on coin. I can take 1000-1500 points of damage with a square hit, but the square hits are few and far between. I have splashed 3 tanks with one shot though.

I hated the M12. Just feckin hated it.

The Priest used to be awesome in accuracy/load/damage and I think I'm close to 500 battles with a 60% or so win rate, but it got a bad nerf (got hit harder than the SU26 nerf wise)early last year so I sold it.

I concur on the French arty thing. I bought it on sale and I think it's impossible to lose money on that thing.

FWIW there will be lots of damage dealt this weekend. All those sale tanks have some pretty poor armor.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014