ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #2056
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685


m
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2057
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post


Some good deeds just don't go unpunished.

Got buzzed by one idiot in a Dodge truck last nite on the ride. I'm still not sure why 'cause we were in a mile-long straightaway with nothing coming. All I can figure is he wanted a better look at my sexy ass and got distracted.

M
I'm really sorry. I target fixated on the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
Suprised he didn't smoke you, seems that Dodge pickups have the highest percentage of assholes for some reason. Chipped, loud exhaust and bull balls , or is it Ram balls on the trailer hitch.
Its the Ford owners around here with the freaking balls on the hitch. Morans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
That's been my experience. Dodge = IME it isn't the dually trucks, but the 4x4s that are the real yahoos. Followed closely by PSD drivers.

BWalsh being the exception to the rule.

M
Hey!


Oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
He obviously has you fooled!


























































Jim
Don't give away all my secrets.


























__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #2058
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685
What Americans don't get about cycling

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #2059
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685
Riding a bike is not a crime

Stoopit cop.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #2060
joef
Gnarly Adventurer
 
joef's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Western Ct.
Oddometer: 426
Ford owner here, and yes I got em' not on the hitch though!!
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #2061
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,608
Texas drivers.....

750 miles, by bicycle, ~ 87 hours from Wed to Sat night....only one close call. For some reason, a person came within inches of hitting me at 0530 Bly Friday. There wasn't another vehicle within half a mile.

Everyone one else in Texas was simply great.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #2062
stefan tilden
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 66
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnuke View Post
At least you asked. Lots of folks would rather just hit us.

Thanks for watching out for us. Us 2 wheeled guys gotta stick together.
Amen to that. I ride as well and if something has happened where I feel I'm too close I always give a wave, usually never any problems.
stefan tilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #2063
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
750 miles, by bicycle, ~ 87 hours from Wed to Sat night....only one close call. For some reason, a person came within inches of hitting me at 0530 Bly Friday. There wasn't another vehicle within half a mile.
Amazing how that happens, ain't it?! I haven't gotten a chance to ask the idiots that do that to me whether they're always an or whether they're just driving like one.


Quote:
Everyone one else in Texas was simply great.
In my ride (on the GS-Adv) thru W. TX I found the same thing. 99% of the people were great.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #2064
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685
Keep riding 'head's up!'

Quote:
Two bike riders injured in weekend crash




Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 1:20 pm | Updated: 10:47 am, Wed May 1, 2013.
By Mark Noack
Two cyclists were flown by helicopter to a hospital on Sunday evening after suffering injuries in a head-on vehicle crash on Tunitas Creek Road.
The cyclists, both men in their late 30s from Santa Cruz County, suffered trauma and major injuries in the crash, according to emergency officials.



The accident was first reported just after 7 p.m. on Sunday. The two bike riders were traveling west on Tunitas Creek Road, about two miles from Highway 1. They were both hit by a vehicle traveling eastbound after it came around a sharp bend. CHP officials identified the driver of the car as a Moss Beach woman in her 20s.
The incident was originally treated as a hit-and-run crash, because the first responders noticed that the driver had left the scene. It was later learned that the woman drove away in order to call for help.
"She came right back," said CHP spokesman Arturo Montiel. "At this point it's not being investigated as a hit and run, but rather as a regular collision."
The bike riders were both conscious when first responders arrived. One cyclist suffered head trauma and facial lacerations while the other had a bone fracture in his hip, according to CHP officials. None of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening, Montiel said. Emergency officials landed a LifeFlight helicopter in a livestock pasture about four miles from the accident scene to deliver the injured to Stanford Medical Center.




CHP officers are investigating the accident to determine who was at fault.
Let me get this straight: someone going eastbound hits a pair of cyclists going westbound and they have to figure out who's at fault?!



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #2065
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Geolander's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Ken Caryl, Colorado
Oddometer: 367
I'm just going to point out that if you don't live Colorado's front range you don't know cyclist traffic.. .

I got 4 words for you.. Deer Creek Canyon Road

Fuck cyclists.

I got no respect for some asshole that's so self important that his workout includes risking the lives of people around him. Get on a bike path or pay for fucking registration and insurance, gay boys.

Fuck em..

...Fuck em.
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #2066
vfr700
172S
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix, Az
Oddometer: 566
This is what happens when siblings fuck.
__________________
Phoenix, Az
vfr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #2067
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
I'm just going to point out that if you don't live Colorado's front range you don't know cyclist traffic.. .

I got 4 words for you.. Deer Creek Canyon Road

Fuck cyclists.

I got no respect for some asshole that's so self important that his workout includes risking the lives of people around him. Get on a bike path or pay for fucking registration and insurance, gay boys.

Fuck em..

...Fuck em.


Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #2068
erkmania
Still Adventuring
 
erkmania's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
I'm just going to point out that if you don't live Colorado's front range you don't know cyclist traffic.. .

I got 4 words for you.. Deer Creek Canyon Road

Fuck cyclists.

I got no respect for some asshole that's so self important that his workout includes risking the lives of people around him. Get on a bike path or pay for fucking registration and insurance, gay boys.

Fuck em..

...Fuck em.
I'm finally here.

During a recent local bicycle event the riders were all over the road. There were road hogging pelotons all over a prime back country road and during one of the SAG stops the cyclists even blocked the lane I was riding my motorcycle on all the way to the centerline of the two-laned road. There was plenty of space off of the road near the Easy-Up for the SAG stop crew, but the majority of the pedal-pushers chose to block the road. I nearly stopped my motorcycle in order to cross the double-yellow safely. WTF????

These a-holes weren't about sharing the road; they were about imposing their definition of "Share the Road" on others. The arrogance was stunning!

After the ride I went to the local CHP office to voice my complaint. The officer informed me that the CHP was getting more complaints lately. I am now preparing to write letters to various authorities to further communicate my concern about the danger these folks pose.

I wouldn't have normally pursued this action, but I chose not to return down the most effected road because, if anything happened, I would be the one the legal system pursued since I was on the powered vehicle. It came down to the fact that I didn't feel safe. That was the first time...EVER!

I have now decided not to fund any charity for which bicyclists want donations. That's all I can do right now. If road cyclists don't care about my safety then I don't care about the cause/s of road cyclists. I'll give my money to causes directly and bypass arrogant jerks.

If you bicyclists are going to act like you're in passenger vehicles then use the road in a safe, legal manner, get insured and pay road use taxes like the rest of us.

Too sad...and still feeling bad about my change of heart...
__________________
-Sticks and stones, love.
-Insurmountable problems exist in the imaginations of the less traveled.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #2069
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Dearborn, MI
Oddometer: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
I'm just going to point out that if you don't live Colorado's front range you don't know cyclist traffic.. .

I got 4 words for you.. Deer Creek Canyon Road

Fuck cyclists.

I got no respect for some asshole that's so self important that his workout includes risking the lives of people around him. Get on a bike path or pay for fucking registration and insurance, gay boys.

Fuck em..

...Fuck em.
A few years ago, the Larimer County sheriff was citing cyclists for purposely blocking the road and impeding traffic. I don't know what the present sheriff is doing today. At the time, my brother lived up in the Rist Canyon area.
__________________
10 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S - "Sleipnir"
09 Kaw Versys
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
"The problem with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" _____ Margaret Thatcher
ttpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #2070
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkmania View Post
I'm finally here.

During a recent local bicycle event the riders were all over the road. There were road hogging pelotons all over a prime back country road and during one of the SAG stops the cyclists even blocked the lane I was riding my motorcycle on all the way to the centerline of the two-laned road. There was plenty of space off of the road near the Easy-Up for the SAG stop crew, but the majority of the pedal-pushers chose to block the road. I nearly stopped my motorcycle in order to cross the double-yellow safely. WTF????

These a-holes weren't about sharing the road; they were about imposing their definition of "Share the Road" on others. The arrogance was stunning!

After the ride I went to the local CHP office to voice my complaint. The officer informed me that the CHP was getting more complaints lately. I am now preparing to write letters to various authorities to further communicate my concern about the danger these folks pose.

I wouldn't have normally pursued this action, but I chose not to return down the most effected road because, if anything happened, I would be the one the legal system pursued since I was on the powered vehicle. It came down to the fact that I didn't feel safe. That was the first time...EVER!

I have now decided not to fund any charity for which bicyclists want donations. That's all I can do right now. If road cyclists don't care about my safety then I don't care about the cause/s of road cyclists. I'll give my money to causes directly and bypass arrogant jerks.

If you bicyclists are going to act like you're in passenger vehicles then use the road in a safe, legal manner, get insured and pay road use taxes like the rest of us.

Too sad...and still feeling bad about my change of heart...
So lemme get this straight: you're peeved about ONE DAY out of 364 other sunny days you could ride that particular stretch of road?

...and we're back to that whole 'insurance etc' line are we? Despite pretty much 100% of the riders in that group DRIVING to get to the ride in... *gasp* a 4-wheeled motor vehicle?!

Who is entitled?!

Now, mind you, I don't disagree that people on 'those kinds' of rides are pretty well morons when it comes down to it. S'why I avoid 'those kinds' of rides like the plague.

...but condemning an entire group of people for the actions of a few? Well... it'd be like cars blaming DS bikes for the shit that squids on sportbikes do (wheelies in 80mph traffic, passing inappropriately in the mtns, speeding thru traffic, etc) and trying to run em over 'because MC riders are dangerous!'

...or even better: the rest of the MC world condemning Hardley riders for those rollling roadblocks that are in the left lane going UNDER the speed limit, or rolling slowly up in the mountains.

That just wouldn't be right, now would it?!

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014