User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
mx-files
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
We're over $110,000 with 14 days to go!

Thanks to everyone for their support but need all the KTM lovers to pledge and/or get the word out!

KTM USA came for the maximum and we love them! But we still need help to tell the story.

You can pledge as little as $1!

Happy New Year!

Todd
mx-files is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
mx-files
Adventurer

Hi all,

This is the fifth of six videos in a short series from interviews with John and Jack Penton and the late Dane Leimbach for the forthcoming film, "The John Penton Story" narrated by Grammy Winner, Lyle Lovett.

In this short piece, Dane Leimbach describes his favorite ISDT event in 1976 and how the bikes that year were prepped in the US. Dane passed away in 2011 after battling ALS for several years. We are so fortunate to have captured some of his great stories about being part of the "Penton Clan" for the film before he passed.

We are dedicating this piece and today to Dane's mother Pat (John Penton's sister) who passed away just the other day. We were looking forward to including her stories in the movie but know her spirit will be there. Our hearts go out to the entire Penton and Leimbach families and friends.

Thank you for supporting the project already and if you haven't "re-pledged" again, here is the link for the new project;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...le-lovett-rela

We have 7 days to go with a little less than $18,000 still left to pledge.

Thanks again everyone and keep spreading the word!

Todd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WgZIJ2bhwo
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #18
mx-files
Adventurer

OVER THE TOP!!!!!

As of this morning we went over the goal at $153,000 with 480 backers! Thank you Alpinestars for taking us over the top and joining Acerbis and KTM USA for great industry support!

And thank you everyone who pledged and spread the word on this!

Thank you Kickstarter and crew for making this possible and answering all my "Kickstarter Support" questions! We love you guys!

I spoke with John Penton this morning and he is very excited and I told him "Well John, looks like we're going to be spending some time together the next year or so".

But, we still have 3 days left on the campaign so others can still be part of this for as little as $1 and get some great rewards for being a "Backer" beginning at just $10.

The project will still need funds for post-production down the road with months of editing, graphics, music, mixing, archival materials processing, etc.

Maybe we can get to 500 or 750 backers by Monday night!

Thanks again!

Todd

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...le-lovett-rela
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
crtahoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
This movie is a go. I am thrilled to have contributed and can't wait to see it.
crtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #20
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Late Entry

Just saw the thread.

I ran several events with John and his clan in Ontario in the 70's and also watched the ISDT in the Berkshires.

I have a 300cc KTM that I ride (not that fast anymore). But I still enjoy it and will be riding my GS to South America in October. Please PM me. I would like to contribute to the movie, honoring someone who made a difference to a wonderful sport.
2014 BMW GSA 1200
2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2012 Porsche Boxster S Black Edition
Scottishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #21
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 292
Another latecomer. Something caught my eye on this forum (I'm usually at the Triumph Scrambler in Beasts).
Anyhow, I grew up near Amherst, Ohio and rode a steel tank Penton in the early 70's. Wish I still had it.
Let me know how I can contribute to the cause. Most people are unaware of Mr. Penton and his accomplishments.
RMAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
mx-files
Adventurer

New John Penton Film Web Site Coming!

Thanks for everyone's interest and support in "The John Penton Story" film coming in 2014. We have completed the first shoot a couple of weeks ago with John and others in Amherst, OH and have a bunch more lined up in the next 30 days.

Here is the new album on our Facebook page with some fun pics from behind the scenes on the first shoot:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6499461&type=1

For those who still want to support the film and get some neat rewards for doing so, we will have a new website up in about a week that will take PayPal donations at various levels the same as the Kickstarter ones.

When ready I will come back on and post. Until then, back to the shooting! (and riding my Super Tenere! Love that thing!)

Best,

Todd