ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #31
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
New KLR owner

I'll be there tonight if I can make time. Look forward to some trail riding. I've had this bike for about a week and half now and have not seen dirt yet. I did do an A1A ride to Ormond Beach and back to N. Jax yesterday. If I can get the lights working on my XL350, I'll be riding it tonight.
I look forward to meeting yall.
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
waybill OP
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 666
Sounds good Bill, we'll be outside on the porch. Look forward to seeing the XL too, not too many of those still running around. But either way, try to make it, we'll at least point you toward some good riding areas.
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
Mugwest
.
 
Mugwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: 3rd Ring of Buzztopia
Oddometer: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
[...] Did a little recon yesterday, may incoporate some of this into a future Trans-Fla. ride, who knows. Big bikes would definitely rule in here.













Bill, can you give a general vicinity for some of the above, so i can dink around w/ Google Earth?

This stuff is right up my alley, CADS. On my next Gainesville run i'll have to set aside some ride time to find some of this good stuff

I did as much of the Bellamy Road as i could find back in 2006-- finding the oldest dirt/brick tracks possible is one of my favorite things to do on a bike.

Happy trails, CADS
__________________
.
Mugwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
waybill OP
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Bill, can you give a general vicinity for some of the above, so i can dink around w/ Google Earth?

This stuff is right up my alley, CADS. On my next Gainesville run i'll have to set aside some ride time to find some of this good stuff

I did as much of the Bellamy Road as i could find back in 2006-- finding the oldest dirt/brick tracks possible is one of my favorite things to do on a bike.

Happy trails, CADS
I'll tell you exactly where it is, in a PM And some other stuff just like it that's closer to G'ville. Working on a new Trans-Fla. route and don't want to give it away just yet. I like old historical roads too, it took me a few years to tie all the Old Bellamy fragments together from St. A. to Ichetucknee and that's as far as I've gotten, if you've got anything west of there I'd like to know about it. There was an old Jacksonville to Tallahassee road and parts of it still exist but our tax dollars are busily paving it and others, plus there's the old brick stuff in East Palatka, but they run thru cabbage farms so they're probably ok.
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
Mugwest
.
 
Mugwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: 3rd Ring of Buzztopia
Oddometer: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
I'll tell you exactly where it is, in a PM
Thanks Bill! PM sent

Wish i were there tonight!
__________________
.
Mugwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #36
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day13 View Post
Sign me up for some of that!
Me too! Just pick the every other weekend i'm off...
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #37
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
Note to self....
Keep the old XL350 at home at night!!!!!!!
Southside to Northside on 295 in dark with a head light less bright than my Iphone, and not tail/brake lights at 75mph. I was never soo glad to see the back of a semi trailer!
Had a good time. Hope to ride with everyone soon.
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
waybill OP
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Me too! Just pick the every other weekend i'm off...
How bout this Sat.? Some of us are thinking about it, it'd be an all day affair. If there's enough interest we'd leave Salt Springs at 11 and return about 5:30, mid or big bike recommended, there's a good bit of ground to cover.

Everybody welcome, who's in?


edit: Hey Bill, good to meet ya, where'd yer muffler go, we about died laughing when you left : ) Glad you made it home!
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350

waybill screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 07:44 PM
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #39
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder
 
Bobby Ginger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: N.E. FL
Oddometer: 902
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
how bout this sat.? Some of us are thinking about it, it'd be an all day affair. If there's enough interest we'd leave salt springs at 11 and return about 5:30, mid or big bike recommended, there's a good bit of ground to cover.

Everybody welcome, who's in?
in!!!
__________________
2009 GSA 2008 Husky TE450 2013 Husky Terra
IBA 50407
Bobby Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #40
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ginger View Post
in!!!
Muffler?
Well, I did get the carb tuned in a little better....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frSZBOUkmD4
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #41
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Bill, can you give a general vicinity for some of the above, so i can dink around w/ Google Earth?

This stuff is right up my alley, CADS. On my next Gainesville run i'll have to set aside some ride time to find some of this good stuff

I did as much of the Bellamy Road as i could find back in 2006-- finding the oldest dirt/brick tracks possible is one of my favorite things to do on a bike.

Happy trails, CADS
THIS

I've been on a plane more than on a bike this year, and in a Hilton more than in a hammock. I need to out and unwind some.
Wee, 690, or the harley at this point- I'd ride any of them on that stuff... Hell, I'd ride the trials bike if it got me back on two wheels- y'all would wait on me right
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #42
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
How bout this Sat.? Some of us are thinking about it, it'd be an all day affair. If there's enough interest we'd leave Salt Springs at 11 and return about 5:30, mid or big bike recommended, there's a good bit of ground to cover.

Everybody welcome, who's in?


edit: Hey Bill, good to meet ya, where'd yer muffler go, we about died laughing when you left : ) Glad you made it home!
Ok, we're on the right Saturdays, but have a family camping trip planned to try out our new to us camper.
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
hawkman
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Orange Park, FL
Oddometer: 96
[QUOTE=waybill;21364821]How bout this Sat.? Some of us are thinking about it, it'd be an all day affair. If there's enough interest we'd leave Salt Springs at 11 and return about 5:30, mid or big bike recommended, there's a good bit of ground to cover.

Everybody welcome, who's in?

Sign me up Bill!

Alex
hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #44
waybill OP
cheap thrill
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: N. Fla.
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Ok, we're on the right Saturdays, but have a family camping trip planned to try out our new to us camper.
Sounds like the perfect opp. for a twofer, camp in Ocala NF and go for a ride Sat., tell the family you'll be back for dinner.

Didn't think you were gonna get off that easy didya?


Buzztail, it is a haul but c'mon over for a day of riding, Wee would be perfect. Any other you panhandlers too.
__________________
Bill

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #45
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™
 
Chicken Helmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Oddometer: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
Sounds like the perfect opp. for a twofer, camp in Ocala NF and go for a ride Sat., tell the family you'll be back for dinner.

Didn't think you were gonna get off that easy didya?


Buzztail, it is a haul but c'mon over for a day of riding, Wee would be perfect. Any other you panhandlers too.
Haha, I like how you think!
__________________
1988 KLR 650 Bare frame,swing arm & title For Sale PM for Details 2009 KLR 650 1994 DR 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014